Pick the Quote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
financeguy said:
Ewen's point was more about Iraq war casualties rather than Sep 11.

There was no connection between the deposed Iraqi regime and the Sep 11 terrorists.

Hey we agree on something...:wink:

Dreadsox said:
:applaud: Right...Peace
-----------------------------------

Edit to add.....

Here is my quote:

How many innocent Iraqi civilians have been killed by Islamofacists that have entered Iraq?

wtf are you talking about?

What's that got to do with the fact that people keep refering to just the American casualties in Iraq rather than refering to the coalition or civilian casualities in Iraq?

We are really on different wavelengths here.

Can you please stop twisting my words and insulting me by making it out that I was saying that Iraq was better off with Saddam. I'm not commenting on the war. In fact, from what I have written you can not deduce, only assume, whether I approved or disapproved of the war.

What I am commenting on, is people's ignorance, their failure to respect that there are other nations involved in Iraq other than just the USA. It is insulting to those nations.

Please read and digest what i'm saying instead of jumping to wrong conclusions.

Dreadsox said:

I need to really start reading posts more closely....I did not get that impression at all.

:yes:

I really think you should.

ewen said:

:yes:

I really think you should.

Thanks, I will get right on it after I tally up the American Casualty count today.

-------------------------------------

Why does my quote have anything to do with your quote?

financeguy said:
Ewen's point was more about Iraq war casualties...

Incorrect. :no:

My point was that people in this International forum always (or, more often than not) refer to American casualities rather than coalition casualities. I mentioned the Iraqi civilians because they seem always to be ignored.

[Q]
wtf are you talking about?[/Q]

I don't know, but clearly you think my quote has something to do with yours.

[Q]What's that got to do with the fact that people keep refering to just the American casualties in Iraq rather than refering to the coalition or civilian casualities in Iraq?[/Q]

Nothing, nothing at all.

[Q]We are really on different wavelengths here.[/Q]

Yes we are.

[Q]Can you please stop twisting my words and insulting me by making it out that I was saying that Iraq was better off with Saddam. I'm not commenting on the war. In fact, from what I have written you can not deduce, only assume, whether I approved or disapproved of the war.[/Q]

I apologized once.

[Q]What I am commenting on, is people's ignorance, their failure to respect that there are other nations involved in Iraq other than just the USA. It is insulting to those nations.

Please read and digest what i'm saying instead of jumping to wrong conclusions. [/Q]

Please stop assuming I do not get your point.

ewen said:

My point was that people in this International forum always (or, more often than not) refer to American casualities rather than coalition casualities. I mentioned the Iraqi civilians because they seem always to be ignored.

And why is this point in a thread that could have made the forum have a fun thread?

Just curious?

That was why I asked for a quote...trying to get it on track....

ewen said:

Ahh...but that makes my point even better!

After a certain man said (standing in front of a "mission accomplished" sign in his little air force costume he got at the costume store), "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended" there have been almost 2,000 American deaths and a helluva lot more Iraqi deaths when combat should have ended.

ewen said:

Actually there is a thread on it in the war forum.

Dreadsox said:
"In the meantime, rest well and dream of large women."

:laugh:

That would be the Dread Pirate Wesley, aka the Man in Black, to Fezzig the Giant, in The Princess Bride

Ok if we're going for movies, here's one.

"Ray, when somebody asks you if you are a god... you say YES!"

:lmao:

Sherry Darling said:

:laugh:

That would be the Dread Pirate Wesley, aka the Man in Black, to Fezzig the Giant, in The Princess Bride

Ok if we're going for movies, here's one.

"Ray, when somebody asks you if you are a god... you say YES!"

:lmao:

Ghost Busters...

Dreadsox said:

Thanks, I will get right on it after I tally up the American Casualty count today.

-------------------------------------

Why does my quote have anything to do with your quote?

...and I'll let you know if my Scottish nephew comes back alive from Iraq.

Sounds like you wouldn't really care though because there's no room on your spreadsheet.

I'm out of here.

God bless and keep safe all American, British and other Coalition troops out in Iraq. Also to the innocent civilians that have been victims of Saddam and the war.

ewen said:

...and I'll let you know if my Scottish nephew comes back alive from Iraq.

Sounds like you wouldn't really care though because there's no room on your spreadsheet.

I'm out of here.

God bless and keep safe all American, British and other Coalition troops out in Iraq. Also to the innocent civilians that have been victims of Saddam and the war.

You know me well......{SARCASM}

"I have a record in office, as well. And all Americans have seen that record. September the 4th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin Towers. It's a day I will never forget." —George W. Bush, Marlton, New Jersey, Oct. 18, 2004

"When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion."

unosdostres14 said:
"I have a record in office, as well. And all Americans have seen that record. September the 4th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin Towers. It's a day I will never forget." —George W. Bush, Marlton, New Jersey, Oct. 18, 2004

It kind of defeats the purpose if you give away the person who said the quote.

financeguy said:

It kind of defeats the purpose if you give away the person who said the quote.

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just too eager to let everyone see how shitty of a president we have. Honestly....that's fucking ridiculous!

Well, going back to the ORIGINAL TOPIC , here's one for the guessing game:

"The Irish are the blacks of Europe. Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. The Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. Say it once and say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."

Halifax said:
Well, going back to the ORIGINAL TOPIC , here's one for the guessing game:

"The Irish are the blacks of Europe. Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. The Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. Say it once and say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."

It's one of the characters in the Commitments, I forget his name.

Just saw this. :down: It is unfair in my opinion. Dread and I disagree on a lot, but a compassionate person has always come across to me.

Anyway, a quote

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

Sherry Darling said:

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

Often attributed to Thomas Jefferson, but there is no proof he said that, IIRC. How about a light-hearted quote:

"I will build her a cake, I think."

Back
Top Bottom