Philippines 'pulling out' Iraq troops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sacrifice is part of the fight, making the tough decisions and sticking by them is how battles are won and in this case the Philipines government is loosing a battle to save a single life and at the same time condeming many others to death, it is about individual people. Individual people who face having their heads carved from their bodies while they are still alive and dying in a brutal fashion. I would rather see one individual be condemed to this fate than ten but others seem to think that this is an uncaring way to look at the world. I think that they are making illogical statements that do not take this into account.

It is a no way never proposition rather than not ideal when it comes to giving into terrorists demands - trading life and death is not the business that we should be in and in my humble opinion it is as simple proposition that by giving into their demands the Phillipines government is devaluing life, one of their citizens being saved means that dozens of other innocent people will now be killed. I said this before that you have positive, negative and neutral actions and in this case it has been a great positive result for the terrorists and shall only end in more bloodshed. This is not respect for life and this is what undoes the fight for freedom.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants - Thomas Jefferson

We are trading lives. That's all this is.

They win no matter what. Perhaps from where you stand you cannot see that, but dont ever assume you know the minds of the people who post in here. I take it that is who you are generally referring to. Placing 'seem' in the sentence doesn't make it a truth. Just an insult. And a presumption.

A_Wanderer said:
It is a no way never proposition rather than not ideal when it comes to giving into terrorists demands - trading life and death is not the business that we should be in and in my humble opinion it is as simple proposition that by giving into their demands the Phillipines government is devaluing life, one of their citizens being saved means that dozens of other innocent people will now be killed. I said this before that you have positive, negative and neutral actions and in this case it has been a great positive result for the terrorists and shall only end in more bloodshed. This is not respect for life and this is what undoes the fight for freedom.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants - Thomas Jefferson

you really think that pulling out 51 troops is going to lead to wholesale slaughter of more innocent victims? if you do that is your OPINION and you cannot prove that there is ANY correlation between the Phillipians pulling out and any imaginary increase is innocent deaths because of that.
this is your OPINION, remember that. So don't go judging these people to fire and brimstone cos you think you know how the world works.

If you reward a terrorists actions then they will accelerate the use of such actions. A classic example is the Palestinians, starting in the late 1960's they hijacked El Al flights and pretty much overnight the UN gave them more reciognition than they had with 20 years of peaceful negotiation. Then the terrorist attack at the Munich Olympics also gave their cause more attention and ever since then they have used terrorism over peaceful negotiation. By capitulating to terrorist demands the Philipines has ensured that the terrorist tactic of beheadding hostages will go on for much longer and with a much greater frequency than before. They are rewarding terrorism and if you don't believe that is so then there is no point in discussing the matter furthur.

well..they released the hostage and he's safe and sound last I heard.

you know, didn't the US negotiate with Lebanese hijackers a some years ago?

Back
Top Bottom