pharmacist refuses to give "the morning after" pill - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2004, 05:47 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:14 PM
I wonder if the pharmacist would've acted the same way had the rape victim been a 12 year old girl.....

and I completely agree with paxetaurora and joyfulgirl

Old 02-03-2004, 05:52 PM   #17
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
I wonder if the pharmacist would've acted the same way had the rape victim been a 12 year old girl.....

Or his own daughter.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:32 PM   #18
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:14 PM
I wonder if the pharmacist at the time realised she was a rape victim. Which then begs the response, what difference does it make as he still refused a perfectly legitimate medical prescription. This woman's horrific experience seems to be used in a way to make this pharmacist look even more in the wrong. It certainly adds to the trauma this woman has already been through, but a breach of the State Board of Pharmacy's guidelines is a breach regardless of what circumstances it occurs under.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:54 PM   #19
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I wonder if the pharmacist at the time realised she was a rape victim. Which then begs the response, what difference does it make as he still refused a perfectly legitimate medical prescription.

exactly. it shouldn't matter since it's a legal medical prescription, whether you agree with it or not. if he questions the prescription and feels the need to, he should call the doctor and find out about it BEFORE refusing a treatment to a patient who needs it and has already been thru so much.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:15 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 02:14 PM
This pharmacist sounds like a real wanker, I have absolutely no time for self righteous idiots who make it their job in life to impose onto other people their beliefs, morals etc.... So many occupations will place people into situations that may at times conflict with their morals, beliefs etc, however being an adult means that one must either be objective (I say this as I am a freelance journalist, and as a journalist you are always being made aware of conflicts of interest) when a troublesome situation comes about, or if you feel so strongly about something, then get out. Surely this pharmacist has been placed in this situation before or knew that it would happen one day, instead of imposing their subjective opinion onto someone else, therfore creating harm to that person, why didn't they just realise that their chosen profession was going to impose onto their beliefs and not get into that area in the first place. Seeking out a perfectly legal perscription shouldn't come with a guilt laden ethical judgement by a self righteous pharmacist.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:32 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:14 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Southwest....ap/index.html

Even in 2004, rape victims being treated in an inhumane manner doesn't surprise me at all
Old 02-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #22
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

i just heard an update on this case on the news today...it was just a blurb about it and i was on the computer so i wasn't really paying attention to the tv, but they said something about there were 2 other pharmacists in the area (for the same company) who also refused to give the drug. i think they'd all 'conspired' together or something, they were repremanded for it...i'll have to look it up, that's all the info i have right now...
Old 02-12-2004, 05:10 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by OzAurora
I have absolutely no time for self righteous idiots who make it their job in life to impose onto other people their beliefs, morals etc.... So many occupations will place people into situations that may at times conflict with their morals, beliefs etc, however being an adult means that one must either be objective (I say this as I am a freelance journalist, and as a journalist you are always being made aware of conflicts of interest) when a troublesome situation comes about, or if you feel so strongly about something, then get out.

I don't care if the pharmacist is personally pro-life, that's his belief and that's fine. But I gotta agree with the others-the woman has every right to be able to use this pill if she wants to, especially considering she was raped. This guy's a moron for not letting her use it.

Angela