Pets - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2002, 02:27 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:48 AM
Pets

Is there anyone else here who doesnot like Pets.. i recently saw
someone carrying her own child on a trolley and a dog in her arms.. I was disgusted..................... And some of the things people do with pets..I find very .. Not that I would try to harm any animal or I have any objection in people showing love in whatever form they want to.. I think there are many starving people in this world..then why dog should a get good food..why cat should be loved when there are numerous human orphans all around the world

Old 07-15-2002, 02:34 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 11:48 PM
My family got my dog from a pound. She had been previously abused so we took her. I got my cat for my 4th bday. I like my animals. I'm thinking of getting an iguana.

Old 07-15-2002, 02:49 PM   #3
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:48 AM
I have 4 cats, 2 dogs, a fish, a newt, and a mouse. I adore all of my pets...they are wonderful companions. I've had my one cat since I was 8 years old...I'm 20 now, and she is still one of my sweetest friends in the world.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 07-15-2002, 02:52 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:48 AM
It isn't that people are always that crazy with their pets to carry them around. I love my pets since they are almost family members and my dog is sort of a child already since I got him when I was really small. What speaks against having pets and spending money on projects in the Third World for example? Some people do both.
So, I'm cleary for pets.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:53 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Pets

Quote:
Originally posted by AcrobatMan
I think there are many starving people in this world..then why dog should a get good food..why cat should be loved when there are numerous human orphans all around the world
I think I can see where you're coming from with that argument...it's just that the reason for people starving all around the world isn't that some people choose to keep pets. It's not that people choose to love a cat instead of adopting a child, or that people choose to keep a dog instead of donating money to provide food for those who don't have enough food.

Personally I have two cats and a dog and I love them all to pieces.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:53 PM   #6
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Ugh...nevermind, I'm rambling...

Old 07-15-2002, 03:06 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: Re: Pets

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
I think I can see where you're coming from with that argument...it's just that the reason for people starving all around the world isn't that some people choose to keep pets. It's not that people choose to love a cat instead of adopting a child, or that people choose to keep a dog instead of donating money to provide food for those who don't have enough food.
That's what I wanted to express, but this thought somehow got lost on the way between thinking and typing.
Old 07-15-2002, 03:07 PM   #8
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:48 PM
Normal I love animals

I dont see how many people could hate pets.
Old 07-15-2002, 03:23 PM   #9
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:48 PM

at the very least, owning pets has been proven to extend peoples' lives.
Old 07-15-2002, 03:40 PM   #10
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I've got one cat laying on my feet, another on my lap, and another rubbing against my right hand...which makes it hard when I'm using the mouse because he keeps making me click it. I love my kitties.

Old 07-15-2002, 03:56 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I've got one cat laying on my feet, another on my lap, and another rubbing against my right hand...which makes it hard when I'm using the mouse because he keeps making me click it. I love my kitties.
And where is your fourth cat right now?
Old 07-15-2002, 04:43 PM   #12
Acrobat

I hate humans. I find them to be utterly repellant, for the most part. Animals, on the other hand, tend to be more innocent and pure.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:45 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Pets are adorable

I think its better people are loving pet owners than leaving poor pets to be abused

I want a dog but my mum thinks it would be cruel to leave him alone all day- I see her point..but some animals are adorable but then again some animals can get nasty and violent which scares me
Old 07-15-2002, 04:50 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:48 PM
I have two dogs and i love them but treat them as dogs. I dont go out buying things all the time for my dogs like some people do. I think it funny when I a dog in a sweater or when a famous person buys a 5m doggie collar for their dog that just makes me laugh.
Old 07-15-2002, 05:00 PM   #15
The Fly

Re: Re: Pets

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

I am with you there.

People who care more for their pets than they do for suffering people would be selfish regardless of whether they had pets or not. Pets just happen to be the particular poison of some selfish people. It could be cars or clothes or whatever, they would atill spend their money on that instead of on the poor.

I think that it doesnt matter if its love for pets or love for people, because love is excessive by nature. The more of it there is the better. Heck, there are probably people in this world who would never know love or be able to show it if they didnt have a pet. Is that such a bad thing?

As for me personally, I adore animals. I have two cats right now and they are my princesses. But i do draw the line with them somewhere. They are animals afer all. I go as cheap as possible wherever possible. I don't believe in paying for expensive, unnecessary options and I can concieve of situations where they would come last on my list of priorities. I just hope to God that it never comes to that.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that I agree with both sides here to some degree.