Peterson....to die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hate me but I'm glad. I hope the bastard fries. He killed his pregnant wife on Christmas Eve and smugly lied about it. It doesn't get much colder than that. He doesn't deserve the air he breathes.

U2Kitten said:
Hate me but I'm glad. I hope the bastard fries. He killed his pregnant wife on Christmas Eve and smugly lied about it. It doesn't get much colder than that. He doesn't deserve the air he breathes.

I don't hate you, but I could go on a whole rant here. Instead Amnesty International sums it up pretty much for me:

Amnesty International opposes the death penalty in all cases without exception. The death penalty is the ultimate denial of human rights. It is the premeditated and cold-blooded killing of a human being by the state in the name of justice. It violates the right to life as proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It is the ultimate cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment.

and also:

In opposing the death penalty, Amnesty International in no way seeks to minimize or condone the crimes for which those sentenced to death were convicted. As an organization deeply concerned with the victims of human rights abuses, Amnesty International does not seek to belittle the suffering of the families of murder victims, for whom it has the greatest sympathy. However, the finality and cruelty inherent in the death penalty render it incompatible with norms of modern-day civilized behaviour and an inappropriate and unacceptable response to violent crime.

sleep well, stay safe

His death solves nothing. I don't care if he committed the coldest and most unimaginable of crimes, which he pretty much did. His death won't bring back lacy or the baby. His death won't heal the family's wounds. The only thing his death will do is save some tax money and give certain people more ammo to keep capital punishment going strong because the system 'worked'.

It's wrong. Capital punishment is wrong.

Correction, his death will not save tax money. In fact, his death penalty will cost the taxpayers more than life in prison. This is mainly due to all the procedures and appeals that can and will be started.

C ya!

Marty

You're certainly right IMO, except for the taxpayers remark perhaps:
namkcuR said:
The only thing his death will do is save some tax money and give certain people more ammo to keep capital punishment going strong because the system 'worked'.

It's wrong. Capital punishment is wrong.

One could argue that Texas with 300 people in death row has costly policy when each case roughly costs $2,3 million. This is because of all the extra appeals and other safeguards to make sure no innocent person is killed off by the state, high safety issues for death row prisons and the costs of the execution itself...

yay! yeah, what Marty said! But then again us Dutchies got rid of it some while ago... so we don't know any better :wink:

I actually think life in prison would have been a harsher penalty. He would have had to live with the consequences of his actions. I agree that he's a worthless :censored: and deserves the worst.

oh wow...i've been sleeping all day and i just found out through this thread....i read somewhere once something like "How does killing someone teach someone that killing someone is wrong?" It's such a simple philosophy, but sometimes things that are the most simple are the truest. This is why Jesus said that unless we are like children we will not see the kingdom. Which is very similar to the daoist belief of returning to the "uncarved block" state.
sorry, 'bout that rant....I really stand by what Amnesty International states

i read somewhere, that in california, he stands a better chance of dying in prison (of disease or an attack by an inmate) than he does of actually being executed. california has only excecuted something like 12 people since they reinstated the death penalty.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
i read somewhere, that in california, he stands a better chance of dying in prison (of disease or an attack by an inmate) than he does of actually being executed. california has only excecuted something like 12 people since they reinstated the death penalty.

That is correct. If you average it out, less than 1 person is executed per year.

There are a lot of people in line ahead of Scott Peterson so the odds are good that he has a very long life ahead of him.

As long as he is out of society and pays for his crime I don't care if he rots in jail. I don't believe that death solves anything. It won't bring Laci or the baby back!! This I am sure will drag on for many years to come.

I do agree that Petterson did a horrible thing in killing his wife and child, but as a Christian and with everything I've learned through Amnesty International, I still can't support killing him. I was in an AI group in college and we had a lady whose pregnant sister and brother-in-law were murdered by some punk and she has always been against the DP. She mentioned many of the reasons cited here, but her most compelling was simply that she didn't want to remember her family members with somebody's else's death. Another very powerful thing she had to say is that she arrived at the place in her heart where she's forgiven the killer. I think that, instead of someone's death, is really what sets you free of all the pain, but that's just me. Nobody I know has been murdered. Everyone involved on both sides is in my thoughts and prayers.

My cousin (3 days younger than I, in our early years we were practically siblings) and her boyfriend were murdered in their sleep by their best friend. He waited until the two of them were asleep, and shot them both through the back of the head, emptied their pockets, and stole their car. He then made it from Viriginia to Florida, where he hit a cop. The guy is a fucking bastard, to be so close to them and kill them for their fucking possessions. But you know what? I didn't want him to get the death penalty. I don't believe in it on a fundamental level, though I do believe he deserved to sit in a cell for the rest of his life.

verte76 said:
I actually think life in prison would have been a harsher penalty. He would have had to live with the consequences of his actions. I agree that he's a worthless :censored: and deserves the worst.

I agree.

I don't think Scott Peterson has the conscience to really have to live with all of the consequences of what he's done, but rotting in a jail cell, denied the lifestyle to which he was accustomed seems like the thing that would hurt him the most.

It's nothing less than what he deserves.

verte76 said:
I actually think life in prison would have been a harsher penalty. He would have had to live with the consequences of his actions.

I don't know why people always say this. It must be because you are nice and you'd feel bad. But you have to think, if he had a conscience he never would have done it in the first place. He has also shown no remorse and has been so fucking smug.

Sorry, once someone intentionally and violently deprives someone else of life they no longer deserve theirs. Fuck him I hope he rots in hell. To give him any mercy is a disgrace to the memories of Lacy and Conner. They certainly got none.

There needs to be a statement against this kind of domestic violence. Too many guys get away with killing their wives or kids (like OJ and the Ramseys) It's scary for battered family members for people to think they can do it and get away, or at least get away with living in jail.

I have a friend whose husband has threatened to kill her several times. When she tells him he'll get caught and go to jail, he goes 'good, then I won't have to go to work anymore, I won't have to pay any more bills, just lay there and read all day and get free food and be rid of YOU!!' :mad: He doesn't even consider it punishment and would be happy to know she was dead and he wasn't. You have that kind of sickos out there. That's the problem, some of you bleeding hearts are so freaking nice you can't possibly comprehend how evil a person is to do this.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

I don't know why people always say this. It must be because you are nice and you'd feel bad. But you have to think, if he had a conscience he never would have done it in the first place. He has also shown no remorse and has been so fucking smug.

Sorry, once someone intentionally and violently deprives someone else of life they no longer deserve theirs. Fuck him I hope he rots in hell. To give him any mercy is a disgrace to the memories of Lacy and Conner. They certainly got none.

Well I understand where you are coming from, but you also have to realize someone his age will have many years to think about what he's done. He may not show anything now, but you don't know what 20 or 30 years of rotting in a cell will do to a person.

I don't see how a fairly painless death does anything to rectify the situation. Yes it sends him to his judgement a little sooner but none of us knows exactly how that works.

If it takes him 30 years to feel bad, that was 30 years Lacy and Conner did not have to enjoy this life:(

It's incredible to me how incomprehensible Liberals and Leftists really are. Peterson murders his wife and unborn child, and people actually think he deserves to live his life because of some quixotic Idealism. You recite some policies of a text-book worldview international agency, and it becomes the all encompassing universally correct procedure for ever single topical situation you Liberal sheep wander upon.
You talk about reformation and not death? You tell us how to guide someone who innately has no heart or soul; you bloody geniuses (no pardon of the pun).

The only thing his death will do is save some tax money

He murdered his immediate family - I don't see how saving tax money is so terrible, since he was purely an evil being anyway! And yeah, 'the system worked' - and this is somehow a bad occurrence? Can you get a little more contradictory on confusing the negatives and positives amidst your pointless views?

Peterson dies - perfect solution to anyone with any logic. Although, for all you morons who are against purging the world of murderers (I can't get over it), take solace in the fact that he really was just an empty 'body' anyway, he was never truly alive, this monster was only a cold-blooded parasitical shell amidst the human race. The only people who feel anything for him at all are the bleeding heart Leftists; such as most of you here - the type of people who are just as senseless as the crime itself.

You Liberal simpletons can respond to me all you want, but please keep in mind that I've already watched the fantasy films of your Leftist God, Michael Moore. This 400 pound chunk of gigantic foreskin has already propagated enough inconceivable stupidity to keep my mind perplexed for the rest of my life - once again, the only other thing more perplexing is you brainless zombies who eat all the shit that sprays from one of his two assholes - does it really matter which one? This guy has produced several logs of deceitful turds already that you people happily ate up like you were downing vegetarian burgers.
Anyway, hope you Leftists enjoy mourning the loss of Peterson, the tragic story of where a government intervenes to dispose of a frozen-hearted criminal - oh, the humanity! Maybe Moore will do a film about him, the uknown loving side of Peterson; yet another casualty of U.S. policy. It would make over 100 million too, because stupidity and ignorance must be reflected by someone or something that brings a community of nut-bars together in a celebratory revelry. Michael Moore has failed truthful exposure of any scandalous conspiracy in modern day Western Society - but he has succeeded at squeezing all the freaky scum to the surface, and has serendipitously set off the alarm to anyone with any amount of intelligence: There is trouble within our society - and it's flying in rapidly from the unsavory depths of Left field in the form of dangerously gullible idealist dreamers.

The connection between wanting a murderer to have a long life of 'second chances' and worshiping a high-school dropout with a video camera is colouring in the whole picture of a horribly disturbing societal problem - It's trendy and fashionable to be a Liberal sheep, one who believes everything they want to hear and questions nothing they wouldn't want to believe. So why in the world would anyone listen to Leftist America when they can't even produce one logical shred of thought? There are two Americas - one that lives accordingly within reality, and one that lives in the abstract dream of Idealism and impossible Utopias. It's probably time to wake up and help the rest of us deal with reality, rather than staging melodramatic temper tantrums and threatening to move away when your guy loses a Democratic election, of all things - Such useless silliness and pettiness from likewise people.

- Nick

zoou2@hotmail.com

P.S. Love ya!

I do know where you are coming from U2Kitten but its precisely because of Scott's smuggness and arrogant attitude that 30 years of prison life will be worse than death.

He is used to fine wine, expensive restaurant meals, $80 golf shirts, $20,000 country club memberships and living up to his "horny bastard" reputation with blond massage therapists.

He WILL suffer greatly by being deprived of all of this. Instead of a piece of ass and nice glass of merlot, he will get giant albino cockroaches crawling on him at night and a bunch of hardcore dudes who want to make him their bitch. He will get nasty stuff put in his food and he will never be safe...his crime will make him a prime target. He will be afraid every minute he's not safely locked in his cell.

I'm sure he's always thought himself above associating with the type of people he'll be living with on death row but now he has many, many years to do just that.

Someone as spoiled and sheltered as Scott Peterson will wish he was dead after a few years at San Quentin.

Last edited:
I guess I've just been too close to too many abused women who fear for their lives when smug wife killers get off or get away with their lives :(

U2Kitten said:
I guess I've just been too close to too many abused women who fear for their lives when smug wife killers get off or get away with their lives :(

I understand. I was abused in my first marriage and he got away with it :(

I also know a few smug assholes who thought they were the shit until they spent some time in prison and turned into scared, broken little men...and they deserved it.

What he really deserves is for some hardass thug to beat him to death in prison (like what happened to Jeffrey Dahmer) He thinks he's such a big man killing a pregnant woman, he may find out what a wimp he is when someone like that attacks him.

Sorry about your first husband :( Glad you have a wonderful one now :)

Last edited:
after wading through all the puerile insults and thoughtless namecalling by one, "disco2blue," i'm still against the death penalty, and here's why:

its a far, far from perfect process. ask yourself why black men are many times more likely to be sentenced to death. ask yourself why people with money -- including mafioso -- have never been put to death. it's the finality of the death penalty that gives many people pause, and i don't think anyone is redeemed through the death of another person, no matter how horrible and guilty. and, no, my "god" Michael Moore didn't tell me to say that, just logic.

you seem to have absorbed the mindlessness of right wing talk radio. so many sentences, so many cliche-ridden, playground insults devised only to injur. you're completely devoid of originality and your arbitrary mean-spiritedness is impresisve. congratulations! do you treat everyone with a different opinion than you like this, or is it only with the anonymity of an internet forum that you really feel comfortable spewing such bile?

and, bluntly, if you don't want to go the way of GOP_Catholic, i'd recommend you watch how you express your opinions. you can think whatever you want, you can express any opinion you want, but shitting and vomiting a bunch of unimaginative insults out your filthy mouth cheapens us all.

my question: how can anyone who is passionately pro-life be a supporter of the death penalty as well?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom