Peterson....to die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it seemed to exist in your post

I have no sympathy or compassion for him.
I believe he is guilty.
We do not need dna testing to confirm his guilt or exonerate him.

He is an example death penalties proponents will like to cite
to buttress their arguments.
If every case on death row were as open and shut as this
their arguments would be stronger.

I still believe capital punishment should be abolished.

You know what ?

I could be wrong.
(I do say this from time to time)

I try not to follow the gory details of these sensational cases
when they do not impact me personally.

I did sit through a capital punishment case for an 18 year old I knew.
He was tortured for 3 days and then strangled with his own shoelaces.

Perhaps this Peterson case was decided on emotions and reactions to the heinous crime.

I believe he is guilty

If I were one the jury ?
Well, I do not know if reasonable doubt was there.

Last edited:
My reaction to this is my usual reaction to cases where the death penalty is invoked; death is too good for him.

Ant.

Suppose Scott Peterson was given a choice. Life in prison or death by lethal injection. What if he chose death by lethal injection. Would the opposers still oppose the death penalty even it it was his decision?

I seem to vaguely remember a case where a convicted murderer wanted to be executed by firing squad (can't recall what state, but it had the death penalty)...and i can't recall whether his wish was granted or not...but it raised an interesting question. If people choose to die by the state's hand is it ok to kill them? [Kind of like when really sick patients want doctor-assisted suicide...]

(Fyi, i'm opposed to the death penalty, but i don't think i'd object given the choice scenario...)

nbcrusader said:

Putting Scott on trial wouldn't bring Lacy back to life...

right. she's never coming back. she's dead. let's put her killer away for life so he never harms anyone again. i don't see the logic behind tossing another dead body on the pile.

like abortion, i don't take a moral stance on this issue. it simply doesn't make any logical sense no matter how you look at the issue.

ok, ok. so peterson is an evil man. we have two options:

a)put him in prison for the rest of his life to think about what he did and revenge the victims (and trust his well-being to his fellow prisoners)

b)kill him, save taxpayers money, get the satisfaction of watching someone get jacked up with some nasty liquid. however, this would mean we give peterson the easy way out, and not really MAKE HIM PAY for what he has done.

the way i see it, being in an american prison for life is an experience that can make you wish you were dead. should we make peterson's wish come true?:eyebrow:

also, i think peterson should PAY for his prison visit. sell his house and use it to finance his years in prison. ultimate punishment in capitalism, take away his wealth. no need to use people's taxes to finance his existence!

Last edited:
It's been shown that a death sentence costs more than life in prison.

....I really do like your idea of convicted funded sentencing.
:hmm:

Infact, that's fucking brilliant...:up:
Why dont we do this? This is good. Imagine it. Teams of liquidators swarming in to any convicted person's property and seizing all goods and freezing all assets. Allow all non accomplice dependants to remove what they'd otherwise be entitled to, and fund away!
Hahaha, I love it.

Scott Peterson makes me feel physically ill

Interesting the book his sister wrote (she was adopted, Jackie had her very young and she met her and Scott much later in life), how she talked about how the family referred to Scott as "the golden boy". Seeing how his father behaved even yesterday in court shows why Scott is the way he is. I have no doubt whatsoever about his guilt.

I can't morally support the death penalty but honestly I won't lose any sleep over it if he is put to death. I do believe it is too easy for him though.

The pain of Laci's mother is heartbreaking. Of course nothing will ever bring Laci back to her. Yesterday she said she misses having a daughter. I've never felt pain like she feels, I can't imagine what it's like.

Back
Top Bottom