Peterson....to die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:
What he really deserves is for some hardass thug to beat him to death in prison (like what happened to Jeffrey Dahmer) He thinks he's such a big man killing a pregnant woman, he may find out what a wimp he is when someone like that attacks him.

Sorry about your first husband :( Glad you have a wonderful one now :)

Now that we can agree on...and as long as California takes its sweet time to carry out the sentence he was given, the greater the chance he will get hurt because I really don't see him as a big badass...he's a wimpy little momma's boy and the other prisoner's will pick up on that quick. The only thing he'll have going for him is the money mommy and daddy will no doubt send him that will allow him to buy his way out of trouble. :|

And yes, my first husband was not a nice man but luckily I found a good one. Thanks for the kind words :) :hug:

Last edited:
Let's see... If you believe the unborn child's DNA wouldn't have changed at birth, he killed two people. He could've chosen not to, and he should face the responsibility for his decision. As long as he's been PROVEN a murderer beyond any reasonable doubt, I have no problem with his death sentence. He knew what he was betting on, and the last thing I want to see is him screwing the system. Justice must be served.

disco2blue said:
It's incredible to me how incomprehensible Liberals and Leftists really are. Peterson murders his wife and unborn child, and people actually think he deserves to live his life because of some quixotic Idealism. You recite some policies of a text-book worldview international agency, and it becomes the all encompassing universally correct procedure for ever single topical situation you Liberal sheep wander upon.
You talk about reformation and not death? You tell us how to guide someone who innately has no heart or soul; you bloody geniuses (no pardon of the pun).

He murdered his immediate family - I don't see how saving tax money is so terrible, since he was purely an evil being anyway! And yeah, 'the system worked' - and this is somehow a bad occurrence? Can you get a little more contradictory on confusing the negatives and positives amidst your pointless views?

Peterson dies - perfect solution to anyone with any logic. Although, for all you morons who are against purging the world of murderers (I can't get over it), take solace in the fact that he really was just an empty 'body' anyway, he was never truly alive, this monster was only a cold-blooded parasitical shell amidst the human race. The only people who feel anything for him at all are the bleeding heart Leftists; such as most of you here - the type of people who are just as senseless as the crime itself.

You Liberal simpletons can respond to me all you want, but please keep in mind that I've already watched the fantasy films of your Leftist God, Michael Moore. This 400 pound chunk of gigantic foreskin has already propagated enough inconceivable stupidity to keep my mind perplexed for the rest of my life - once again, the only other thing more perplexing is you brainless zombies who eat all the shit that sprays from one of his two assholes - does it really matter which one? This guy has produced several logs of deceitful turds already that you people happily ate up like you were downing vegetarian burgers.
Anyway, hope you Leftists enjoy mourning the loss of Peterson, the tragic story of where a government intervenes to dispose of a frozen-hearted criminal - oh, the humanity! Maybe Moore will do a film about him, the uknown loving side of Peterson; yet another casualty of U.S. policy. It would make over 100 million too, because stupidity and ignorance must be reflected by someone or something that brings a community of nut-bars together in a celebratory revelry. Michael Moore has failed truthful exposure of any scandalous conspiracy in modern day Western Society - but he has succeeded at squeezing all the freaky scum to the surface, and has serendipitously set off the alarm to anyone with any amount of intelligence: There is trouble within our society - and it's flying in rapidly from the unsavory depths of Left field in the form of dangerously gullible idealist dreamers.

The connection between wanting a murderer to have a long life of 'second chances' and worshiping a high-school dropout with a video camera is colouring in the whole picture of a horribly disturbing societal problem - It's trendy and fashionable to be a Liberal sheep, one who believes everything they want to hear and questions nothing they wouldn't want to believe. So why in the world would anyone listen to Leftist America when they can't even produce one logical shred of thought? There are two Americas - one that lives accordingly within reality, and one that lives in the abstract dream of Idealism and impossible Utopias. It's probably time to wake up and help the rest of us deal with reality, rather than staging melodramatic temper tantrums and threatening to move away when your guy loses a Democratic election, of all things - Such useless silliness and pettiness from likewise people.

- Nick

zoou2@hotmail.com

P.S. Love ya!

Fucking pathetic.:(

Irvine511 said:
my question: how can anyone who is passionately pro-life be a supporter of the death penalty as well?
Who's guilty of the murder, the baby or the murderer? I don't generally like the idea of the death penalty, or any form of governmental death for that matter. Many executions may be justified, but some are not. While I would hate to put an innocent man to death for a crime he didn't commit, Scott Peterson committed a double murder, knowing what he was gambling on. I'm not going to celebrate his execution, but I will hope that Laci's family will feel that the punishment fit the crime. Nobody should have to worry about Peterson 20 years from now if he were released for whatever reason, especially those who testified against him, they should not have to worry about their lives.

How to dismantle an atomic bomb? Don't build a bomb. How to avoid capital punishment? Don't commit murder.

Irvine511 said:

my question: how can anyone who is passionately pro-life be a supporter of the death penalty as well?

I agree. I'm PRO-LIFE. Why is life restricted to an unborn child? If you look at it from a Christian perspective, an unborn child is just as inherently tainted as an adult murderer. Sad....but true.

Irvine511 said:

I was avoiding this but knew it would come up. I'm not pro life, I'm anti abortion. But what I can't understand is how people who support abortion can defend the life of a cold blooded killer like this! An unborn baby is an innocent victim, but a murderer has already shown what kind of person he is and his part in this world. As far as I'm concerned once someone violently and purposely and cruelly deprives someone else of life they no longer deserve theirs. I believe life is precious and special but not a guy like Peterson, he's lost his chance.

So actually the question you ask is the exact opposite of what I feel. I can't see how pro abortion people can so strongly fight for the life of an evil killer while believing it's okay for an unborn baby to die as long as it's someone's 'choice.' I can't see the justice or the good in that, and honestly I don't want to talk about it because it upsets me so much.

Irvine511 said:

Unborn child != convicted murderer

U2Kitten said:
So actually the question you ask is the exact opposite of what I feel. I can't see how pro abortion people can so strongly fight for the life of an evil killer while believing it's okay for an unborn baby to die as long as it's someone's 'choice.' I can't see the justice or the good in that, and honestly I don't want to talk about it because it upsets me so much.

well, i am (mostly) against the death penalty and pro-choice for very pragmatic reasons. i don't operate, on this issue, out of any kind of idealism. to me, the idealistic approach is that life is life, and only God chooses to give or take away life. this to me is coherent, whereas one is much closer to playing god by picking and choosing which amalgamation of cells is worhty of living, and which aren't. that's a coherent Christian view.

the craziness, to me, are the people who i label "pro-birth" because they seem obsessed with the fetus until it is born, and then scream about higher taxes that might go to cloth, feed, and educate that child. you haven't said that at all, but that is an attitude i have encountered. i don't think a 6 week old fetus is a human being, nor do i think Scott Peterson has ceased to be a human being. i think he's an evil human being who should be locked up forever, but i don't see the value in ending another life. but most of my objections to the death penalty stem from the way in which it is implemented -- which is to say it's terribly racist and classist, crude, is not a deterrant to crime, is a waste of money, and has a terrifying finality to it.

I think that in many ways the death penalty rather than being the ultimate denial of rights is the lesser course, there is no work required, one would not have to deal with what they have done or pay for their crimes - merely shuffle off this mortal coil in a controlled manner. If the punishment was intended to make them suffer then they should be sodomised with a broken bottle every day for the rest of their lives but that is not the only purpose nor the moral action. Living a life devoid of opportunity, isolated from humanity - feeling for what has been commited is part of that and paying for what you have done is too. There are no doubt situations where I think that somebody is deserving of death but that alone would not make it just.

There is no darker hell than the human mind - J. Bryan

Last edited:
Word to everything you just wrote, Irvine. I've come across too many pro-lifers who are "love the fetus, hate the child." Granted I have been fortunate to have met pro-lifers who do a great deal of work to help children after they are born and their families. And though I am pro-choice, I really appreciate these people.

On-topic: Scott Peterson=Evil Fuckwit

Irvine511 said:

but most of my objections to the death penalty stem from the way in which it is implemented -- which is to say it's terribly racist and classist, crude, is not a deterrant to crime, is a waste of money, and has a terrifying finality to it.

I'm not touching the abortion thing again, I can't stand the hypocrisy and it upsets me so much I'll only get on another tirade. But I will address this. Classist and racist you say, the system that let OJ Simpson walk? Scott Peterson is neither a minority or a rich or poor person, so that does not apply. Waste of money? More than feeding, housing, and caring for a worthless wife killing fuckwad for the rest of his life, which is likely to be 40 more years or even longer? Terrifying finality? You mean like the one Laci felt on Christmas Eve 2002? Fuck him, he does not deserve any benefits of life. The twisted logic makes me so sick, I'm going to have to leave and tell myself not to click here again.

U2Kitten said:

I'm not touching the abortion thing again, I can't stand the hypocrisy and it upsets me so much I'll only get on another tirade. But I will address this. Classist and racist you say, the system that let OJ Simpson walk? Scott Peterson is neither a minority or a rich or poor person, so that does not apply. Waste of money? More than feeding, housing, and caring for a worthless wife killing fuckwad for the rest of his life, which is likely to be 40 more years or even longer? Terrifying finality? You mean like the one Laci felt on Christmas Eve 2002? Fuck him, he does not deserve any benefits of life. The twisted logic makes me so sick, I'm going to have to leave and tell myself not to click here again.

OJ Simpson has MONEY. lots and lots of MONEY. rich people don't get executed, poor people do, and in this country, where race often denotes class, this usually means a disproportionate amount of black men get executed whereas white Mafioso never do.

the hypocrisy is in the tonic of revenge and righteousness that feels so good in the moment, but in the end, gets us nowhere. it's clear you've got a good heart, but the emotionality of your posts makes them hard to respond to. though i still don't understand how someone -- not necessarily you -- would outlaw abortion, then gleefully flip the switch in the next breath.

Scott Peterson should be removed from society forever. end of story. another dead body will not bring back Laci and Conor, and as someone else alluded to, rather beautifully, why place closure on a murder with another murder?

Irvine511 said:

but most of my objections to the death penalty stem from the way in which it is implemented -- which is to say it's terribly racist and classist, crude, is not a deterrant to crime, is a waste of money, and has a terrifying finality to it.

I agree it's not a deterrent, and it's a terrible waste of taxpayer's money, and I am firmly of the opinion that Jesus would NOT approve of more killing. It solves nothing. To say nothing of the possibility, however remote, that maybe Peterson (and others) actually did NOT do the crime.

However, how exactly is it racist ? If you get caught, and found guilty, you do the time/suffer the punishment, regardless of race.

Any socio-economic reasons behind a disproportianately high number of one type of person on death row doesn't wash, you do the crime, you do the time.

It's like calling the NBA guilty of racism because most players are black. Well, if they are better players.....

Irvine511 said:

though i still don't understand how someone -- not necessarily you -- would outlaw abortion, then gleefully flip the switch in the next breath.

I don't know how else to say it. The baby has done nothing wrong. The killer has!!! Big difference there!

Scott Peterson should be removed from society forever. end of story. another dead body will not bring back Laci and Conor, and as someone else alluded to, rather beautifully, why place closure on a murder with another murder?

Because someone so henious who committed such a sick act and deprived his own wife and child of life does not deserve his, and I don't know why you think he does. They didn't have a chance and he doesn't deserve one. I can't stomach anyone caring more about the life of a vicious cruel hearted killer than an innocent baby. I swear, I can't come back here anymore, this really upsets me. I must go.

Last edited:
I find it surprising how so many are screaming for blood for a murder case that is one of the most famous cases built on circumstantial evidence. Well I'm not that surprised.

Not saying I don't think he did it. But as far as murder cases go this really wasn't a open close case.

Irvine511 said:

OJ Simpson has MONEY. lots and lots of MONEY.

OJ also had CELEBRITY, which had a lot to do with hsi getting off. He also faced an incompetent prosecution, and his case was handled by a star-struck judge who also became wrapped up in himself.

Irvine511 said:

rich people don't get executed,

Maybe rich people tend not to commit murder murder in the same numbers as poor people do. ? I truly don't have the numbers, but I'd suspect rich people tend not become involved in gang killings and be involved in robberies which go wrong, etc.

Irvine511 said:

poor people do, and in this country, where race often denotes class, this usually means a disproportionate amount of black men get executed whereas white Mafioso never do.

Again, I don't have the numbers on white Mafioso, or Vietnamese gang killings in SoCal, or any other race of organized crime (Vietnamese in SoCal, Eastern European on East Coast, Chinese in San Francisco etc etc.) but I'd suspect however that the reason organized crime heads don't get the death penalty might be due to the plea-bargaining process, they have information which Law Enforcement might deem worth trading for ?

No, there wouldn't have been this much publicity if Laci hadn't been pregnant. That added to the story big time because in effect Scott killed two people, not just one.

U2Kitten said:
Because someone so henious who committed such a sick act and deprived his own wife and child of life does not deserve his, and I don't know why you think he does. They didn't have a chance and he doesn't deserve one. I can't stomach anyone caring more about the life of a vicious cruel hearted killer than an innocent baby. I swear, I can't come back here anymore, this really upsets me. I must go.

Even when he got life behind bars he wouldn't have a life anyway. His life would then belong to the prison. The only thing that would remain was his body in a small cell and hopefully some conscience eating it all away.
Now, he has lawyers, appeals, celebrity, more priviledges (because he is going to be murdered by the state) and the notion that it's still not over for the family of the victim.

So how is having a death sentense worse than having life behind bars?

C ya!

Marty

verte76 said:
No, there wouldn't have been this much publicity if Laci hadn't been pregnant. That added to the story big time because in effect Scott killed two people, not just one.

And the fact that she was gorgeous.

cardosino said:
However, how exactly is it racist ? If you get caught, and found guilty, you do the time/suffer the punishment, regardless of race.

Any socio-economic reasons behind a disproportianately high number of one type of person on death row doesn't wash, you do the crime, you do the time.

The poor don't have access to many (and very good) lawyers. And they often suffer from stereotypes (colored, poor background, poor living circumstances, etc.) And when it is a matter of life and death (and influencing the jury), that is a very big difference.

verte76 said:

The pregnancy didn't add much to the story. Scott contacting his mistress during the "search" for Lacy added the sex appeal the news wants.

The killing of baby Conner is also downplayed due to the number who believe (or will only agree to) the murder of one person.

Popmartijn said:

The poor don't have access to many (and very good) lawyers. And they often suffer from stereotypes (colored, poor background, poor living circumstances, etc.) And when it is a matter of life and death (and influencing the jury), that is a very big difference.

None of what you said explains why the death penalty itself is a racist thing.

You made valid comments on the ability of the poor to get good legal representation, and you made a valid comment that some JURORS might be racist, but that doesn't explain why the death penalty is racist.

Bottom line is that if you don't commit murder, chances are strongly in your favor that you won't be tried, convictd and receive the death penalty, no matter WHAT color you are.

No, when you get falsely accused, you can still be tried, convicted and executed. So you don't even have to commit murder to get murdered by the state.

BTW, proportionally more black accused get the death penalty (and especially when the victims are white) than do white accused (regardless of the rase of the victim).

From the ACLU website:
http://www.aclu.org/DeathPenalty/DeathPenalty.cfm?ID=9312&c=62

While white victims account for approximately one-half of all murder victims, 80% of all Capital cases involve white victims. Furthermore, as of October 2002, 12 people have been executed where the defendant was white and the murder victim black, compared with 178 black defendants executed for murders with white victims.

Back
Top Bottom