PETA comapres raising animals for food to the Holocaust - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-05-2003, 02:42 PM   #61
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


Why? Why is this different from leather? If someone wants to wear leather or fur, is that their choice or yours?

nb, please read the whole thread. Earlier I stated that it is my understanding that leather is made from hides of animals that are also used for food.

That is my personal experience from living off the land so to speak.

Small animals that are used for fur coats are not used for food. They are killed simply for their pelts by the thousands. I believe that this is inhumane and wrong.

And note that I am not a vegetarian, nor do I believe everything that PETA stands for.
__________________

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 02:46 PM   #62
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
I have to totally disagree with you. ALL LIFE has value, even a chicken.
I don't agree with PETA on a lot of things, but they have many fine points. I eat beef and even buy it from my neighbor (nice to have cheap organic - no antibiotics - no hormones & cheap) but I've been to a turkey factory several miles away and the way they have to endure their short life is monstrous. It had been sighted several times by the EPA for runnoff (shit in the local water sytem) and the emmissions of CO2. It's in the manner of the raising of the animals by these huge slaughterhouses instead of farms.
I'd be glad to ruin your new coat for you too, fur is no longer necessary in todays society of synthetic materials.
the chicken's life might have value but it's insane to think it's as important as a human life.

and that's fine if you believe in the destruction of property in regards to the fur trade. i disagree with you completely but we're both allowed to believe what we want. i just feel it's wrong for YOUR belief to infringe on MY rights or MY property.

and what about animal testing? what about trying to cure AIDS or cancer? do the the lives of the chickens come before that?
__________________

__________________
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 02:52 PM   #63
New Yorker
 
Scarletwine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside it's Amerika
Posts: 2,746
Local Time: 08:21 PM
I don't think that it is important as, but still important. I think raising food for meat can be done in a more humane way.

My belief's have all the necessary right to infringe on Your Property or Your Rights if they are inherently wrong. Slavery of African Americans were also Property or Chattelat one time and some thought that was wrong. And yes I think that is a fair analogy, because many thought they were animals.

Animal testing is an unfortunate evil. Again the methods used vary incredibly. Many projects try to save money by not using anethesia even where it doesn't interfer with the tests, or they keep the animals under horrible conditions.

edited:
Again, I'm not against the practice of man being a carnivore, just the treatment given to animals during their brief life. I don't agree with all of PETA.
__________________
Scarletwine is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 02:55 PM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 08:21 PM
there's no way you can prove that killing chickens is an inherent evil, therefore negating your so-called right to infringe on my rights. it is simply your opinion. what if i believed that plants are valuable and people who eat salad are evil? does that mean i can go up to people at salad bars and harass them or damage their property?
__________________
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 02:57 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 01:21 AM
Excellent post, Scarletwine.
__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 03:03 PM   #66
New Yorker
 
Scarletwine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside it's Amerika
Posts: 2,746
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Screaming Flower,
I didn't say killing chickens was evil, please reread my post. I simply stated that their life does have VALUE however small. Don't all God's creations have an inherent value?

While I don't agree some people do think plants scream when cut.
Personally I find animals removed from plants and closer to us in that they mate, bare young, and most show affection and care for their offspring, even chickens.
__________________
Scarletwine is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 03:04 PM   #67
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower
what if i believed that plants are valuable and people who eat salad are evil? does that mean i can go up to people at salad bars and harass them or damage their property?
Plants are completely different. They have no central nervous system, so there's nothing to indicate that they can feel pain.
__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 03:07 PM   #68
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower
there's no way you can prove that killing chickens is an inherent evil,
Again, moving away from the extremities of the core belief of animal rights, would you care to elaborate on your right to wear a fur coat made by the pelts of small animals killed solely for their pelt? Or maybe perhaps your right to possess a bear paw ashtray? Or maybe your right to shoot a deer down, leave its rotting carcass in the woods and do home with its head for a showpiece above your mantle?

EDIT: offensive name pun removed. Sorry.
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 03:11 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 08:21 PM
i should have said that "inherently wrong" but the same argument would apply. i don't think that just because you feel something is inherently wrong that you have a right to force that belief on me. it is legal to eat meat and wear fur, therefore i am legally allowed to eat meat and wear fur, and should be able to do so without the threat of being attacked. people can say what they want to me but once they start going after me physically or damaging my property it crosses the line. and as an aside, i feel that if the only way peta can convince people is by threatening them, they have real issues. their arguments should be able to stand on their own.
__________________
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 03:13 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
Stop screaming already.
why is it that you cannot make an argument without lowering yourself to this kind of behavior?
__________________
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 03:14 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie


Plants are completely different. They have no central nervous system, so there's nothing to indicate that they can feel pain.
what if it isn't their nervous system that makes them valuable to a person? what if it's the fact that they are alive? some people feel this way. what makes their argument less important that peta's?
__________________
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 03:15 PM   #72
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Sorry Screaming, but your argument just doesnt stand on it's own.

Whether something is legally permitted or not is irrelevant.

Need I list the legally permissable actions we have embraced over the last oh 100 years that have been both morally and ethically reprehensible?

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 03:19 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
Whether something is legally permitted or not is irrelevant.
says who?
__________________
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 03:20 PM   #74
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower


why is it that you cannot make an argument without lowering yourself to this kind of behavior?
My mistake, when you posted:

Quote:
it's insane to think it's as important as a human life.

and that's fine if you believe in the destruction of property in regards to the fur trade. i disagree with you completely but we're both allowed to believe what we want. i just feel it's wrong for YOUR belief to infringe on MY rights or MY property.
that you were getting a little hot...sorry for the pun on your screenname

For the record, Im finding your tireless sticking to the chicken argument and the analogy to eating salad to be diminishing the real point of the message of those both for and against what is being discussed on this thread.

Gabriel the lowly poor behaving one
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 03-05-2003, 03:23 PM   #75
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower


says who?
How about the decendants of slaves, for instance?

How about the innocent mother of 3 who was killed by a driver with 0.06 alchohol in his bloodstream, while not illegal, he was definately impaired in his ability to operate the car?

Shall I continue listing the so-called 'legal' things that we've done that are in no way shape or form necessarily right?

Please.
__________________

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com