PETA comapres raising animals for food to the Holocaust - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2003, 11:53 AM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 04:04 PM
I've heard my whole life that the media and Hollywood (the film industry) were controlled by Jewish men and women. If this massive understanding is true, then that would shed light on Meegannie's question.

How many reports do we hear on the evening news about the genocide taking place/that took place in the numerous African nations, the Slavic republics, Romania, etc? How many movies, tv specials, books, and articles have been written about the Holocaust of the mid-twentith century? Furthermore, why don't we point the finger at our own country's genocide of the Native Americans? There must be an answer, and I think we all know what it is.

Old 03-05-2003, 01:16 PM   #47
arw
Blue Crack Addict

From what I was brought up with, by the teachings of surviviors of the Holocaust, you cannot compare other genocides to the Holocaust simply because no other group of people have been persecuted like the Jews during the Holocaust. Can someone point out to me when a leader of a country put together an army so great as the Nazi's that wiped out town after town murdering one type of person that equals to the amount of 6 million murdered? Yes I certainly do agree that other genocides have existed since the Holocaust but none as great as what happened to the Jewish people.

I don't think, Danospano, that you can say that Hollywood is run by Jews and that's why so much of it has been potrayed in movies and so on. I think the Jews that do work in Hollywood continue to talk about the Holocaust because we must never forget. There is a phrase amoung the Jewish community, "For the living and the dead we must bear witness." The Jewish people must not forget the Holocaust and must continue to share with others what happened to their people so it does not, cannot happen again.

Old 03-05-2003, 01:47 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:04 PM
But it's fine that it happens to other people, as long as it's not as many? Or it's less reprehensible?
Old 03-05-2003, 01:50 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

i still don't see how anyone feels that ANY human genocide could be compared to the death of a bunch of chickens. it makes me sick.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:56 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

I think this campaign is doing the OPPOSITE, though. The point of it is that the Nazi's viewed people the same way we view chickens.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:59 PM   #51
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
no other group of people have been persecuted like the Jews during the Holocaust....but none as great as what happened to the Jewish people.
How does hundreds of years of slavery and a racist system that still persecutes people based on the color of their skin sound?

I'm not trying to minimize the Holocaust. But more people were killed and victimized by slavery than by Nazi Germany, it just happened over a longer period of time and many still don't even want to admit that it was all that bad in the first place.

And then we tell them to 'get over it already' or 'move on, the rest of the world has'.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 03-05-2003, 02:02 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
I think this campaign is doing the OPPOSITE, though. The point of it is that the Nazi's viewed people the same way we view chickens.
regardless, in the end they're still attempting to equate the life of a chicken with the life of a person, and to me that will never be justifiable. ever. it's insulting and delusional. i don't see the life of a chicken as being valuable in the least. and to say that this view of mine makes me as evil as a nazi is nothing short of ridiculous.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:04 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Same thing with the Native Americans.

There are other genocides that didn't have numbers as high as 6 million because there weren't 6 million of them to begin with.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:08 PM   #54
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
But it's fine that it happens to other people, as long as it's not as many? Or it's less reprehensible?
I think you've totally missed my point. I was referring to Jewish film makers who make movies about what happened to their people 60 years ago. Don't they have a right to teach what happened during the Holocaust without being questioned about why they are doing it.

It's not like the Jewish film makers in Hollywood are taking something that isn't their's and favoring it. Again, for the living and the dead, we must bear witness, because if we don't it will happen again. I can't tell you how many people I went to school with, high school and college, that never knew about the Holocaust until we read Anne Frank or movies like Schindler's List came out.

I'm not saying it's better or worse what happened to the Jews vs. any other victims of genocide. Genocide is wrong. Period. I am simply referring to the comment that Hollywood is run by Jews and that's why movies about the Holocaust are being made. They are simply trying to teach what happened to their people. They have that right. If someone else wants to make a movie about the genocides that happened to their people then go for it.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:11 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower

regardless, in the end they're still attempting to equate the life of a chicken with the life of a person, and to me that will never be justifiable. ever. it's insulting and delusional. i don't see the life of a chicken as being valuable in the least. and to say that this view of mine makes me as evil as a nazi is nothing short of ridiculous.
I don't think in any way that the treatment of animals is as bad as what the Nazis did. But I DO think we have to view all life as valuable to a degree and be more compassionate and conservative (is that the word I'm looking for? You know, like using all the parts and stuff) in the way we treat livestock or we run the risk of becoming a more sadistic species than we already are.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:14 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

i agree with that completely. i just don't think peta is simply asking up to become more compassionate. they are asking for us to take much more extreme measures and it's their tactics and message that i disagree with most.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:28 PM   #57
Ghost of Love

Quote:

in the end they're still attempting to equate the life of a chicken with the life of a person,
No they are not, that is the spin being put on it.

Move away from the chicken argument for a sec. Tell me its right or humane to kill small animals only for their pelts so some rich can have a fur coat?

I think not.

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 03-05-2003, 02:32 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
Move away from the chicken argument for a sec. Tell me its right or humane to kill small animals only for their pelts so some rich can have a fur coat?

I think not.
Why? Why is this different from leather? If someone wants to wear leather or fur, is that their choice or yours?

Also, PETA does not distinguish between furriers and food producers. They don't equate people with animals, they elevate animals over people. I don't see a campain to prevent other animals from killing animals for food.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:35 PM   #59
New Yorker

Quote:

I have to totally disagree with you. ALL LIFE has value, even a chicken.
I don't agree with PETA on a lot of things, but they have many fine points. I eat beef and even buy it from my neighbor (nice to have cheap organic - no antibiotics - no hormones & cheap) but I've been to a turkey factory several miles away and the way they have to endure their short life is monstrous. It had been sighted several times by the EPA for runnoff (shit in the local water sytem) and the emmissions of CO2. It's in the manner of the raising of the animals by these huge slaughterhouses instead of farms.
I'd be glad to ruin your new coat for you too, fur is no longer necessary in todays society of synthetic materials.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:38 PM   #60
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

I can't tell you how many people I went to school with, high school and college, that never knew about the Holocaust until we read Anne Frank or movies like Schindler's List came out.

If someone else wants to make a movie about the genocides that happened to their people then go for it.
First point - that's insane. I knew about the Holocaust as early as Grade 6/7. That kind of situation existing in America speaks volumes about just how biased and racist the education system must be down there.

Second point - in general, movies about slavery and other genoicides are less funded, less promoted, and less attended by the movie going public. That has nothing to do with the ethnicity of the film*maker* or director.

Whether it has something to do with the fact that most of the established movie companies are in fact originally of Jewish descent I don't know if I'd want to debate, as that makes alot of inferences that I wouldn't necessarily believe to be valid.

What it does speak to tho is the supply and demand of the movie business, in that the American public would rather go see a movie about the Holocaust, which they feel (perhaps incorrectly) somewhat detached from, as in it didnt occur here, than a movie about the holocaust that occurred on their own soil and of their ancestors doing for hundreds of years.

And THAT is pretty sick.

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you