Perspective

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
re: the second article: I don't blame the guy for losing sight of the big picture. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be in his shoes. But our guys were getting blown up at checkpoints. I don't know what to say other than if there was no warning for cars to slow down at the checkpoints, thats a big mistake. I find that hard to believe, though. We now know that innocent Iraqis were forced to run the checkpoints under the threat of their families being killed. You have to pin these particular deaths of innocents on the enemy.

Yes, I do have beliefs. The commander in the second article, if you read it, told of soldiers shooting innocent Iraqis that didn't slow down at checkpoints. In this case I believe there is more to the story.
If this is the whole story, one is to believe our soldiers shoot innocents for no reason at all, certainly not in self defense. I refuse to believe this.

and this is beyond my personal politics.

drhark said:
Just proves there are three sides to every story.
I tend to think that if you ask five people a the same question, you will get five different answers. Some may sound alike, but with elaboration, you find individuality in the opinion that is being presented. Of course, I'm dismissing the yes or no types of questions.

Back
Top Bottom