personal responsibility & the climate crisis - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 07-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:44 PM
Well, it's like going the wrog way on a motorway. First you think, "Why is everybody else going the wrong way?" Then you realize, it's not them going the wrong way, but you. For some it takes a while longer to come to that conclusion.

And then they think, "Well, I'll take the next exit."

Old 07-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #17
Local Time: 07:44 PM
I'm not so sure Europeans are very much futher away in reality, it's true that people awareness is wider, especially in Germany, and all politicians talk about the issue while campaingning, but as soon as ellections are over they forget about it.
There have been two large ecological disasters in my country in the last few years, they've been opening the news programmes for a time, yet no positive measures have been taken afterwards, the companies responsible of them continue their activities without any change, oh, yes I recycle, I recycle as much as I can, but meanwhile large companies are polluting the sea, natural parks, protected areas... I try to be energy efficient, but I have to take a jacket to the supermarket because airconditioning is so low I can't wear a t-shirt in there in the summer. These are just a few examples, I could go on and on, and it is not only in my country, I travel quite a lot because of my job and it's more or less the same all over Europe. At the end you realise it's a question of money, of how much money a few will earn or not.