People are so shallow these days... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2004, 07:44 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:24 AM
Sorry but I believe in physiognomy and observing people's auras and the energies that they give out, maybe people aren't keen readers of such things but I was raised this way. I don't see this as being superficial.

foray

Old 10-10-2004, 07:46 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by foray
Sorry but I believe in physiognomy and observing people's auras and the energies that they give out, maybe people aren't keen readers of such things but I was raised this way. I don't see this as being superficial.

foray
Are you one of those people who does yoga and paints?

Old 10-10-2004, 07:50 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:24 AM
No I don't do yoga or pilates, I'm not vegan, I don't meditate, I don't hang beads over my dashboard, I don't wear scarves, I don't burn incense for fun or seriousness, I don't light scented candles. But yes I do paint.

furry
Old 10-10-2004, 08:00 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780

Are you one of those people who does yoga

I do yoga.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:57 PM   #20
Acrobat

Perosnally I think that how a person speaks in front of a bunch of people is not too relevant. I am sure most people here have a huge fear of speaking in front of people; thoughts can get jumbled and wrong words can get used. As a teaching assistant I speak a lot and am around professors alot. Many of them are still not that crazy about speaking in front of people and can mix up words. Not everyone is gifted like Clinton or Reagan. It is easy to say that someone is a moron until you try to give a state of the union address. And if great public speaking is a prerequisite, I guess that means that Jefferson was an awfully dumb person along with Adams. Not until the radio/tv age was it expected to have a skillful speaker as president. Most presidential candidates did not even stump for themselves until the late 19th century and even then it was not expected. Therefore, I agree that one should look at other aspects of a person before judgment is passed.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:55 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ft. Worth Frog
Perosnally I think that how a person speaks in front of a bunch of people is not too relevant. I am sure most people here have a huge fear of speaking in front of people; thoughts can get jumbled and wrong words can get used. As a teaching assistant I speak a lot and am around professors alot. Many of them are still not that crazy about speaking in front of people and can mix up words. Not everyone is gifted like Clinton or Reagan. It is easy to say that someone is a moron until you try to give a state of the union address. And if great public speaking is a prerequisite, I guess that means that Jefferson was an awfully dumb person along with Adams. Not until the radio/tv age was it expected to have a skillful speaker as president. Most presidential candidates did not even stump for themselves until the late 19th century and even then it was not expected. Therefore, I agree that one should look at other aspects of a person before judgment is passed.
I'm sorry, I'm terrified to talk in front of people and even sometimes just in one on one conversations, and I don't fuck up even a tiny bit as much as Bush. And he WANTED this job!

Then again I disagree with Bush on just about everything, so even looking at all other aspects of his record he loese big time with me.

As for Kerry, I don't particularly love him, but I agree with him on half to two thirds of the issues, so that will have to do.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:14 AM   #22
New Yorker

Face it... people who are poor public speakers shouldn't be President. Poor public is a sign of being an idiot. Ft. Worth Frog your professors aren't qualified to be professors b/c they can't speak in front of people. People with poor public speaking = idiots (sarcasm).

I've had professors who were good researchers but terrible in terms of presentation. Hmmmmm.... does that mean something?
I don't put much stock in Bush's public speaking skills. Its important but its no sign of level of intelligence. LOL at the idea that a person can't seek the Presidency b/c he's not a good public speaker.

I can see why Bush makes his "Bushisms." Every freaking word of his is scrutinized and by media hounds. He has repeat spin as well. Say something wrong and he gets crucified. Ask John Kerry about his quotes being used against him and wonder to yourself why Bush might fumble sometimes. I don't attribute that being the only reason Bush has his moments but it contributes.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:45 AM   #23
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by foray

foray
So that being said, what would say about the energy/vibe given out by Bush and Kerry that you've observed?