Peanut Free School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:

Probably a relative of the person who saw a chicken lay an egg and thought "breakfast"!

yeah ... but other animals eat the eggs of other animals; what other animal drinks the mother's milk of another animal?

Listen I grew up on a goat farm.....

Where the men were men and the goats.....well....:wink:

Dreadsox Version of Brokeback Mountain

Dreadsox said:
Listen I grew up on a goat farm.....

Where the men were men and the goats.....well....:wink:

Dreadsox Version of Brokeback Mountain

"I wish I knew how to quit you!"

"Baaa."

There was a goat farm down the road from where I grew up. Goat bucks are some seriously horny creatures, I remember that--you can understand where the satyr idea comes from when you watch them. Also, they piss all over themselves. I was told this makes them wildly irresistible to the females. The farmer might've been pulling my leg on that one though--I was a sadly gullible kid.

:scratch: How did we get from peanut allergies to--oh never mind.

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:

I read something somewhere about a theory that cow's milk is very good....for other cows. Not so good for humans. I can't remember where I read it or what this guy's scientific reasoning was but I remember it was rather compelling. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Its because of the Casien that is present in the milk, it can be quite harsh on the digestive system, this is why it is recommended to slowly introduce cows milk at 12 months for a baby as their tiny bodies are still growing.

Fact: Humans are the only species to consume milk after infancy!
:shrug:

Irvine511 said:

"I wish I knew how to quit you!"

"Baaa."

hehehe

goat.jpg

Good article in the Boston Globe suggesting we're blowing this out of proportion.

Peanut allergy epidemic may be overstated
By Dr. Darshak Sanghavi | January 30, 2006

My son had his birthday party recently at an indoor play space, and a sign there got me thinking. Peanut-containing foods were prohibited ''due to the increased incidence of peanut allergies."

Anxieties about peanut allergy are understandable -- the condition can be deadly -- and some concerned parents today support banning peanut-containing foods from public places.

But the medical research suggests that severe peanut allergies are not as common as people think and are surprisingly difficult to diagnose accurately. And although, as a parent, it may seem that peanut allergies have reached epidemic proportions, the evidence is surprisingly thin.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/he...gy_epidemic_may_be_overstated/?p1=MEWell_Pos2

I woul dnot call it out of proportion. Any child with the alergy in school has been identified by their physician.

Back
Top Bottom