Peace Wreath-Symbol Of Satan? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:23 AM
Peace Wreath-Symbol Of Satan?

Boy oh boy And displaying a peace wreath means you don't support the troops? And if you can't distinguish the peace sign from a satanic symbol, well to put it nicely you might need glasses.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/27/pea....ap/index.html

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- A homeowners' association in southwestern Colorado has threatened to fine a resident $25 a day until she removes a Christmas wreath with a peace sign that some say is an anti-Iraq war protest or a symbol of Satan.

Some residents who have complained have children serving in Iraq, said Bob Kearns, president of the Loma Linda Homeowners Association in Pagosa Springs.

He said some residents believed the wreath was a symbol of Satan. Three or four residents complained, he said.

"Somebody could put up signs that say drop bombs on Iraq. If you let one go up you have to let them all go up," he said in a telephone interview Sunday.

Lisa Jensen said she wasn't thinking of the war when she hung the wreath. She said, "Peace is way bigger than not being at war. This is a spiritual thing."

Jensen, a past association president, calculates the fines will cost her about $1,000, and doubts they will be able to make her pay. But she said she's not going to take it down until after Christmas.

"Now that it has come to this I feel I can't get bullied," she said. "What if they don't like my Santa Claus?"

The association in this 200-home subdivision 270 miles southwest of Denver has sent a letter to her saying that residents were offended by the sign and the board "will not allow signs, flags etc. that can be considered divisive."

The subdivision's rules say no signs, billboards or advertising are permitted without the consent of the architectural control committee.

Kearns ordered the committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath, but members refused after concluding that it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything.

Kearns fired all five committee members.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
The Fly

Local Time: 03:23 AM

yes

this is how it is done

a broken, upside down cross

this is the secret symbol

Old 11-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
War Child

no...it's a dove's foot
Old 11-27-2006, 06:05 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:23 AM
Geesh, have people forgotten to speak with each other? How comes every time you see something you don't supoport you go to the authorities to make this being removed or be fined?

Why can't they just ask her why she put that wreath up? Then she could explain.
But, no, they immediately go to the president of the association to force him take action and put a fine on this very well known peace sign.

Why can't people just tolerate other's opinion anymore, or like said before, jst speak about it?
Old 11-27-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:23 AM
Re: Peace Wreath-Symbol Of Satan?

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Kearns ordered the committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath, but members refused after concluding that it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything.
That's kind of sad too, isn't it? This whole thing is insane. The angels themselves said, "Peace on earth."
Old 11-27-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

I think they were saying that it wasn't saying anything political or as they put it, "divisive"

Homeowners associations are the real Satanic things
Old 11-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #7
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:23 AM
I'm so sick and tired of these fucking stupid, psedo-christian, war loving, wouldn't know an intellectual thought if it hit them in their face whiny little bastards.

Apparently now Jesus is the 'Prince of poorly planned unilateral attacks'.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Homeowners associations are the real Satanic things
Now THERE'S a statement full of wisdom.

And since when in the Hell (no pun intended) has the peace sign been a symbol of feckin' Satan!??!?!? I thought the holiday season was supposed to be all about peace on Earth... seems to me a very seasonal display.

The whole thing's pathetic, really.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:50 PM   #9
War Child

Peace is feminine.
War is masculine.
Feminine is Satanic.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:18 PM   #10
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep in HELL
yes
this is how it is done
a broken, upside down cross
this is the secret symbol
I thought you were joking--but now having Googled around a bit, I see this is in fact exactly what some people think.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 11-27-2006, 08:54 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:23 AM
I can't believe it. This is the Knee-Jerk Reaction From Hell. They're fining somebody for a wreath?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I'm so sick and tired of these fucking stupid, psedo-christian, war loving, wouldn't know an intellectual thought if it hit them in their face whiny little bastards.

Apparently now Jesus is the 'Prince of poorly planned unilateral attacks'.
Right on.

Oh, and by the way,
Old 11-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

It's unbelievable what people are so offended by nowadays. Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 08:53 PM
Maybe since so much war has been done in God's name, its only logical for any sign representing peace to be that of Satan.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:46 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

It's only a few weird individuals who think it is a symbol of Satan, not really fair to extrapolate from that to generalizations about God or religion or all religious people.

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- A subdivision has withdrawn its threat of $25 daily fines against a homeowner who put a Christmas wreath shaped like a peace sign on the front of her home.

Homeowner Lisa Jensen told The Associated Press on Monday that the board of directors of the Loma Linda Homeowners Association had apologized, called the incident a misunderstanding and had withdrawn its request for the wreath's removal.

Jensen was ordered to take the wreath down when some residents in her 200-home subdivision saw it as a protest of the Iraq war. Bob Kearns, president of the board, also said some saw it as a symbol of Satan.

The homeowners' association demanded Jensen remove the wreath from her house, saying it doesn't allow flags or signs that are considered divisive.

None of the three members of the board in the scenic town 270 miles southwest of Denver was available for comment late Monday. Kearns and colleague Jeff Heitz both had their phone numbers changed to unlisted numbers Monday. Tammy Spezze, the third board member, did not return a call seeking comment.

Jensen, a past association president, said she was overwhelmed with hundreds of calls of support and offers to help her pay the $1,000 fine that would be due if she kept the wreath up until after Christmas.

"We would like to thank everyone who has contacted us with moral support and offers of financial support. We are grateful to hundreds of complete strangers who felt so moved by this story they contacted us," she said.

"It seems whenever someone tries to say 'Peace on Earth' it is met with so much resistance," she said. "The incredible amount of support we have received over the last couple of days really is proof to us of how many people believe in peace and in our right to say it."