Paul Wellstone dead - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2002, 08:03 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:19 AM
I'm embarrassed to say this-I'd never heard of the guy until today.

But from what I've heard, he seemed like a really cool guy (sounded like someone I'd have agreed with on a ton of issues).

Anywho...that is just so awful about what happened, what with him and all those other people (his wife and his daughter, too.... How sad).

My condolances go to his remaining family members and friends.

Angela

Old 10-25-2002, 09:50 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

This is a tragedy indeed and my prayers are with his constituents and family.

I heard our junior Senator, Jeff Sessions, speak on the radio this afternoon, and although Sessions is oppsite the aisle from Wellstone politically, he admired him as a friend and one who truly believed in the causes he supported.

~U2Alabama

Old 10-26-2002, 12:51 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:19 AM
It was a terrible shock to hear the news on TV today. I heard him speak in Sioux Falls, SD, a few years ago when I was living in that area. He was a tremendous public speaker and you could tell he had very strong convictions.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:31 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

this indeed is tragic. my very good friend/co-worker knew the Wellstone family. She was friends with his daughter who was killed in the crash.. She was very upset about this when she found out yesterday.
Old 10-26-2002, 03:58 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal That's a cute puppy MVD_75

I have never had a problem with saying I am a Wellstone supporter. Yes, he anchored the left-end of the Senate, voting often against or for things when no one else would have the guts to vote that way for fear of not winning re-election.

I did not vote for him because he was the left-anchor - I voted for him because he fought and voted for what he felt was right. I don't think we have a lot of people like that in politics these days.

In 1996, a close friend and I jumped in my car election night and headed to his victory gathering. We talked to his supporters, shook his hand, enjoyed some bubbly, checked out the "green bus," and listen to him speak. WOW. Listen to him speak, from th heart, with great conviction, confirmed why I had casted my vote for this person earlier in the day.

He will be greatly missed.
Old 10-26-2002, 04:48 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
this indeed is tragic. my very good friend/co-worker knew the Wellstone family. She was friends with his daughter who was killed in the crash.. She was very upset about this when she found out yesterday.
I'm so sorry to hear that! Give your friend a hug for me.

Angela
Old 10-30-2002, 12:51 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:19 PM
Too bad the memorial service was no more than a political rally. The VP, who was the administration's representative at the service, was asked not to come.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:43 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:19 AM
Re: That's a cute puppy MVD_75

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
I have never had a problem with saying I am a Wellstone supporter. Yes, he anchored the left-end of the Senate, voting often against or for things when no one else would have the guts to vote that way for fear of not winning re-election.

I did not vote for him because he was the left-anchor - I voted for him because he fought and voted for what he felt was right. I don't think we have a lot of people like that in politics these days.

In 1996, a close friend and I jumped in my car election night and headed to his victory gathering. We talked to his supporters, shook his hand, enjoyed some bubbly, checked out the "green bus," and listen to him speak. WOW. Listen to him speak, from th heart, with great conviction, confirmed why I had casted my vote for this person earlier in the day.

He will be greatly missed.

I liked and respected him a lot. You're right--there are not many Wellstones left. He seemed to be in politics because of his convictions and not because of anything else (ego, fame, etc). What a loss.