"Patriots" and the flag - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2003, 03:36 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 01:29 AM
i will be the first to admit that i do not know all of the proper ways of displaying the American flag.

Old 02-14-2003, 04:20 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:29 AM
A question...why are people so concerned about "flat etiquette"? I'm absolutely not saying you shouldn't be or criticising you, I just wondered why it is. I certainly don't feel the same way about the UK flag and I'm fairly sure that feeling is shared by most people in this country so I just wondered why you think it's such a different issue in the US?

Old 02-14-2003, 01:19 PM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:29 AM
Can't say. We're pretty laid back about our flag here in Canada. I mean it is respected, but we don't worship it though. About the only time, I or other Canadians get indignant over the way our flag is treated was when our flag was flown upside down at the World Series. Its part of our national identity. we only get nationaistic if somebody does something to us, then we're just as bad as everyone else.

I'm not a big believer in nationalism but I do love my country.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:53 PM   #19
She's the One

Local Time: 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
A question...why are people so concerned about "flat etiquette"? I'm absolutely not saying you shouldn't be or criticising you, I just wondered why it is. I certainly don't feel the same way about the UK flag and I'm fairly sure that feeling is shared by most people in this country so I just wondered why you think it's such a different issue in the US?
An excellent and valid question. Many of these idiots who insist on flying the flag in the dark and in the rain think that this somehow makes them more patriotic than me, someone who insists that our country adhere to the laws of our Constitution.

That, and it just pisses me off that they don't know when to fly their flags they bought at Walmart on September 12, 2001.