Pat Robertson Doesn't Like Halloween

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/10/31/pat-robertson-halloween-_n_70633.html

Have you sent your child out trick or treating yet? No? Oh thank God. Because Pat Robertson proclaimed today on "The 700 Club" that Halloween is the "festival of the Devil". He went on to say that celebrating Halloween is "a mistake for Christians" and to participate in it is "wrong". His yes woman Kristi Watts agreed whole heartedly. So Christian parents, keep those wise words in mind before you let your kids have fun and eat candy and fit in socially. If you really care about your kids and don't want to see them end up in eternal damnation, you'll keep them home tonight and let them play the Bibleman video game.

MrsSpringsteen said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/10/31/pat-robertson-halloween-_n_70633.html

Have you sent your child out trick or treating yet? No? Oh thank God. Because Pat Robertson proclaimed today on "The 700 Club" that Halloween is the "festival of the Devil". He went on to say that celebrating Halloween is "a mistake for Christians" and to participate in it is "wrong". His yes woman Kristi Watts agreed whole heartedly. So Christian parents, keep those wise words in mind before you let your kids have fun and eat candy and fit in socially. If you really care about your kids and don't want to see them end up in eternal damnation, you'll keep them home tonight and let them play the Bibleman video game.

Wow, it's something else Pat Robertson is against. What a surprise...:|

Halloween was originally a day to honor the dead - perhaps we should go back to doing that? I mean, it sounds a lot more healthy than running around getting candy and dressing up in various ghoulish costumes - although I personally think it's fun to do that, too. I mean, who /doesn't/ like that? I haven't done it in years, but I've considered it.

My church observes Halloween (it is also All Saints/All Souls) by having the kids and whoever else wants to come to mass in costumes. It's positively heathen.

martha said:

Profits from oil companies in Nigeria, removing those who disagree with his policies in Nigeria, men who rape their step-daughters.

It's a small list.

Let's not leave out this gem of a Robertson moment. http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1087214160&fr=yfp-t-501

(That's my all-time favorite moment from The Daily Show. I'm so glad I got a chance to post it.:love: )

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:

Let's not leave out this gem of a Robertson moment. http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1087214160&fr=yfp-t-501

(That's my all-time favorite moment from The Daily Show. I'm so glad I got a chance to post it.:love: )

Nice one, Pat advocating terrorism. Beautiful.

I think next year I'll go out for Halloween as Pat Robertson...bet that'll really piss him off eh? Cheap costume, I just have to put a jockstrap over my head :)

Hmmmmm...I've participated in Halloween festivities my whole life, and yet, somehow, I think I've turned out all right.

It's so weird. When he's railing against the Iraq war I'm in agreement. But then I hear stuff like this and am just baffled as to where on earth he gets these ideas.

It's a holiday, Pat, mmkay? Take a chill pill.

Angela

He'll have to pry that candy from my cold, dead hands!!

the iron horse said:
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

~1 Thessalonians 5

I have seen something else under the sun:
The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.

~ Ecclesiastes 9:11

Pat Robertson is an idiot. I don't give a damn what he says about Halloween or anything else, I don't pay any attention to him.:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

MrsSpringsteen said:
My church observes Halloween (it is also All Saints/All Souls) by having the kids and whoever else wants to come to mass in costumes. It's positively heathen.
My church called it a "Harvest Festival", but we all know it's Halloween. :D It's treated as just a big costume party!

This is news? He's been spewing this 'Halloween is evil' crap for over 20 years. He's the cause of most of those 'Harvest Festivals' where kids can only dress as a Bible character.

I don't like Halloween either.

But not for the same reasons as Robertson. I just find it really annoying.

the iron horse said:
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

~1 Thessalonians 5

I think the modern secular celebration of Halloween passes this test. Anyone who seriously thinks that this is a "Satanic holiday" really needs to open their eyes and get a grip on reality.

I was actually thinking about this while my wife and I were taking our boys around the neighborhood. The truth is it's one of the holidays we have here that celebrates community and children. Think about it -- you go door to door to the homes of complete strangers and they give you candy. We heard from nearly everyone "Have a nice night," "Enjoy the evening," "Your kids are so cute," etc. It's a chance to meet your neighbors and realize how nice of a community you live in. Doesn't sound satanic to me.

This is nothing new to me.

Without getting too deep into the issues of my childhood, I grew up not celebrating Halloween. It was forbidden by the church my parents belonged to.

Two weeks after my 18th birthday (which is when the holiday fell) I put on a Halloween costume and went trick-or-treating for the very first time.

People who are against Halloween say it is "unchristian" because it was once a pagan festival.

I wonder how the feel about Christmas falling on December 25th?

Pat Robertson is full of crap because I'm a Christian and we had a Fall Festival (Halloween Party) at my church where we dressed up and had a great time.

There was a trick or treating deal in the parking lot, games in the classrooms, cookie decorating and hay rides.

I don't care for Halloween.

And there are lots of reasons that I dislike it that have nothing to do with Pat Robertson.

But. . .I don't feel like getting into it.

Back
Top Bottom