Pat Robertson=Christianity's Kidney Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
I can't help it......This guy just makes me sick to my stomach.

Here are the quotes:

[Q]Pat Robertson: God told him it's Bush in a 'blowout'

By SONJA BARISIC
Associated Press Writer

January 2 2004

NORFOLK, Va. -- Pat Robertson said Friday that God told him President Bush will be re-elected in a landslide.

"I think George Bush is going to win in a walk," the religious broadcaster said on his "700 Club" program on the Virginia Beach-based Christian Broadcasting Network, which he founded.

"I really believe I'm hearing from the Lord it's going to be like a blowout election in 2004. It's shaping up that way," Robertson said.

"The Lord has just blessed him," Robertson said of Bush. "I mean, he could make terrible mistakes and comes out of it. It doesn't make any difference what he does, good or bad, God picks him up because he's a man of prayer and God's blessing him."

Earlier on the program, Robertson had explained that he wanted to share "some of the things that I believe the Lord was showing me as I spent several days in prayer at the end of 2003."

Robertson also said that this year will be one of "extraordinary prosperity" and that God will bless China in 2004 "in a way it's never known before."

"God loves China and he loves the Chinese people," Robertson said. "I believe there's going to be an unbelievable spiritual revival taking place in China this year."

The Rev. Barry W. Lynn, a frequent Robertson critic and executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, said he had a prediction of his own.

"I predict that Pat Robertson in 2004 will continue to use his multimillion broadcasting empire to promote George Bush and other Republican candidates," Lynn said in a statement. "Maybe Pat got a message from (Bush political adviser) Karl Rove and thought it was from God."

A Robertson spokeswoman did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment. [/Q]

So you never knew love
Until you crossed the line of grace
And you never felt wanted
'Til you had someone slap your face
So you never felt alive
Until you'd almost wasted away

You had to win
You couldn't just pass
The smartest ass
At the top of the class
Your flying colors
Your family tree
And all your lessons in history

Please...please...please...
Get up off your knees
Please...

So you never knew
How low you'd stoop to make that call
And you never knew
What was on the ground 'til they made you crawl
So you never knew
That the heaven you keep, you stole

Your Catholic blues
Your convent shoes
Your stick-on tattoos
Now they're making the news
Your holy war
Your northern star
Your sermon on the mount
From the boot of your car

Get up off your knees
Leave me out of this please

So love is hard
And love is tough
But love is not
What you're thinking of

September
Streets capsizing
Spilling over
Down the drain
Shards of glass
Splinters like rain
But you could only feel
Your own pain

October
Talk getting nowhere
November
December
Remember
Are we just starting again

Get up off your knees, yeah
Please...

So love is big
Is bigger than us
But love is not
What you're thinking of

It's what lovers deal
It's what lovers steal
You know I've found it hard to receive

'Cause you my love
I could never believe

Disgusting. Since when did God call democratic political elections??
This insults me as a liberal and a Christian.
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Never ceases to amaze me the crimes or in this case insults commited in the name of God. And I'm not talking about the President. If he's seen this I would hope he's cringing... and begging that Pat Robertson doesn't try to do him any more favors.
God forgive him this is just awful.
I think he gone a bit mad to tell the truth. Remember some years ago when the other tv evangelist Oral Roberts was suppose to be taken from this world if he couldn't raise enough money to keep his tv ministry going or something. Scary for sure because a lot of people who need to be led by someone... follow these sort of people.

Hmm, it's not as bad when Bush claims God speaks to him? What do you think of a person on the street claiming God speaks to them? Not in the spiritual kind of way, but literally.
There is Christianity...and there is lunacy. Nowhere near each other.

Scientifically, why many people who claim to "see God" or "see spirits" have too much dopamine in their brain; hence, heading in the direction of schizophrenia. Similarly, SSRIs (think "Prozac" and "Paxil") boost serotonin levels at the expense of dopamine, hence lowering those levels, and some patients complain about "losing their spirituality" while on these drugs.

Hence, that's probably why much of the ultra-religious come off as crazy, because, frankly, many of them are.

Melon

i wonder if jesus had to much dopamine in his brain...

let's not try and make some scientific reason behind why robertson says what he says... he does not represent religion. he represents greed... and everything he says is said on purpose. he doesn't "see god," he sees dollar signs, and what he says plays into the beliefs of those who listen to him and thus give him money.

and on a side note... those who say robertson is representitive of "christianity" or of those with faith, or the so called "religious-right" that's allegedly running this nation in some shadow government are schmucks. he's a fanatic... he's as representitive of christianity as UBL is representitive of islam

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
let's not try and make some scientific reason behind why robertson says what he says... he does not represent religion. he represents greed... and everything he says is said on purpose. he doesn't "see god," he sees dollar signs, and what he says plays into the beliefs of those who listen to him and thus give him money.

And that's really sad. I swear, Jesus must be rolling in his grave...

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
and on a side note... those who say robertson is representitive of "christianity" or of those with faith, or the so called "religious-right" that's allegedly running this nation in some shadow government are schmucks. he's a fanatic... he's as representitive of christianity as UBL is representitive of islam

Exactly.

Angela

I've only just starting finding out a bit about this guy... How did he get such a profile in the US? He would be ignored or just laughed at as a loony here as soon as he opened his mouth.
From the evidence, I don't know how he calls himself Christian, let alone a Christian 'leader'.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
he does not represent religion. he represents greed... and everything he says is said on purpose. he doesn't "see god," he sees dollar signs, and what he says plays into the beliefs of those who listen to him and thus give him money.

Reminds me of a certain president that Robertson supports...

Melon

I saw one of pat robertson's books (actually a whole stack) yesterday at barnes and noble in the clearence section for 5 dollars (hardcover). It made me smile :)

Back
Top Bottom