partisan politics rearing its ugly head in NYC... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2001, 02:58 PM   #46
Elvis ate America before America ate him

Local Time: 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I think both of you should just ignore each other. It's obvious you dont agree on each others views and must resort to name calling, bashing, etc. I have decided to ignore a certain person that I had problems with constantly, and my life on the forum is a hell of a lot easier.

Bubba you should close this thread and forget about it. I'd do it but I dont want to step on your toes.

My 2 cents.

Behave children. I agree with the lady.

------------------
Mr. MacPhisto ^-^
macphisto@u2wdd.org
http://u2wdd.org

Elvis is dead.

Old 11-08-2001, 04:18 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:13 PM
January 1, 1938 Orange Bowl:
Achtung Bubba's AUBURN University Tigers defeat Melon's MICHIGAN STATE University Spartans, 6-0.

Today:

Achtung Bubba's AUBURN Tigers are 6-2, Melon's MICHIGAN STATE Spartans are 5-2. Do I see an Outback Bowl or Citrus Bowl battle in the works?

Old 11-08-2001, 06:01 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama:
January 1, 1938 Orange Bowl:
Achtung Bubba's AUBURN University Tigers defeat Melon's MICHIGAN STATE University Spartans, 6-0.

Today:

Achtung Bubba's AUBURN Tigers are 6-2, Melon's MICHIGAN STATE Spartans are 5-2. Do I see an Outback Bowl or Citrus Bowl battle in the works?
Except that melon is under the guise of Whortense Wiffin from Walla Walla, Washington. I think the closest Div 1 team to Walla Walla is Washington State in Spokane, and they're currently 8-1 (5-1 Pac-10). Unfortunately, I don't think there are any Pac-10 vs. SEC bowl matchups (?)
Old 11-08-2001, 07:23 PM   #49
Refugee

And now for the weather...
Old 11-08-2001, 10:48 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer:
Except that melon is under the guise of Whortense Wiffin from Walla Walla, Washington. I think the closest Div 1 team to Walla Walla is Washington State in Spokane, and they're currently 8-1 (5-1 Pac-10). Unfortunately, I don't think there are any Pac-10 vs. SEC bowl matchups (?)
Are they the ones with the blue astroturf field?

No, I don't think there are any SEC-PAC10 matchups; they banned the SEC from the Rose Bowl after our win in 1946, until this year as the BSC game, but no SEC team will make it this year. It will be Miami and Nebraska probably.

~U2Alabama

Old 11-09-2001, 03:05 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth:
What would happen in an election if all the parties got the same ammount of money to spend on their campaign? Would the results have been the same in NY?

Prpbably not.

CK

Old 11-09-2001, 03:12 AM   #52
Refugee

Local Time: 07:13 PM
A few observations:

You said the following:

because i back what i say with necessary factual and logical evidence. what you've stated, mostly, is emotional and theoretical evidence. you don't like pacifists? "terrorist sympathizers." you don't like barbara lee's opposition to the war? "communist" and "traitor." you don't like me? "idiot" and "demagogue."

Amazingly, you respond to my actual explanations and then ignore them; your "summary" of what I've said is completely off the mark:

My opinions about pacifists have nothing to do with whether I like them and everything to do with whether their protests serve the goals of the U.S. or the goals of bin Ladin.

That I called Barbara Lee a traitor has nothing to do with whether I like her and everything to do with the fact that I believe that she has betrayed her country by working with its enemies.

I made my beliefs quite clear. It appears to me that you are ignoring or distorting what I said so you that you may appear "logical" while I appear "emotional".

Beyond that, in responding to my last post, you refuse to address what I think to be the most salient point, my reaction to and refutation of this quote:

considering that you never apologize to anyone on this forum, i wouldn't expect it anyway. to quote that bible quote that's often thrown at me, "pride before the fall."

Let me make myself clear. You assert that I "never apologize to anyone on this forum".

That's not based on "factual evidence".

That's not based on "logical evidence".

It is a lie.

(Since Mr. Macphisto suggests it, I leave this discussion on that note.)

[This message has been edited by Achtung Bubba (edited 11-08-2001).]
Old 11-09-2001, 05:08 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:13 AM
My compliments to TheU2 on responding to a post which has actually to do with the subject es stated in the first post.