'Partial-birth' abortion ban upheld - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #16
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:39 AM
You're doing quite well on your own.

And BVS is right. You're a hypocrite to use "all life is sacred" given your history in this forum.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
You're doing quite well on your own.

And BVS is right. You're a hypocrite to use "all life is sacred" given your history in this forum.
Thats why I retracted. Well if I get tired can you bring me some water or lemonade??

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5511a1.htm

Old 04-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #18
She's the One

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
yay.

so glad the 0.17% of all abortions performed won't now be performed. medical necessity be damned!
Exactly. What needs to happen now is one of the twits on the Supreme Court or in the Senate needs to have a daughter who needs to have one of these. Then we'll see laws that treat women as something other than baby-makers.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:49 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Exactly. What needs to happen now is one of the twits on the Supreme Court or in the Senate needs to have a daughter who needs to have one of these. Then we'll see laws that treat women as something other than baby-makers.

i think it should also be pointed out that women who have one of these nearly all do so for medical necessity -- no woman gets to be 8 months pregnant and says, "you know what? think i've changed my mind."
Old 04-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 05:39 AM
Quote:
yay.

so glad the 0.17% of all abortions performed won't now be performed. medical necessity be damned!
Indeed. In cases that I've read, this procedure is done because of a medical emergency or the finding of a severe genetic defect late in the pregnancy.

"When she was about 26 weeks pregnant, Britell says that she was told by her doctor that her baby had no brain. The condition of her fetus, anencephaly, meant that her baby would die moments after birth.

Regarding the arguement that carrying the fetus to term would give her more time to "prepare" for the grieving process: "Prepare?" says Britell. "That would consist of months of people walking up to me and saying things like, 'How nice, you're pregnant. When is the due date?' and me having to respond time and time again, 'Well, that would be one day before the funeral.'"

http://dir.salon.com/story/mwt/featu...ndex.html?pn=1
Old 04-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 05:39 AM
Quote:

i think it should also be pointed out that women who have one of these nearly all do so for medical necessity -- no woman gets to be 8 months pregnant and says, "you know what? think i've changed my mind."
Exactly. Like I said before, I don't think any of these women viewed it as a "choice", like they wanted an abortion. It was a medical necessity either to preserve their health or the ability to have children in the future. I remember seeing a story about this on one of those shows like Dateline NBC or 60 minutes. The stories that these women told were heartbreaking and none of them were happy about it, but they had no other option. Then they showed clips of politicians talking like these women were horrible people, like the women intentionally chose this option just because they wanted to.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

"When she was about 26 weeks pregnant, Britell says that she was told by her doctor that her baby had no brain. The condition of her fetus, anencephaly, meant that her baby would die moments after birth.

i have a younger brother and sister, and growing up, the two of them were best friends with a similar brother/sister the same ages as the two of them. their friends came from a family with 5 kids.

and that mother-of-5 is the only person i've ever heard of who had a late-term abortion for precisely the reason above.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

damn your right, Murderers who have been found guilty 100%, through, DNA and all other matters of law, should not live one more day. But this is not a DP thread.
There is never 100% in guilt.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I know I can't over turn a law, and I would not due to the respect of the womans wish, but are we all who are in favor or agains ready to answer to God(if you believe in him) when we die. All life is Sacred.
Do you eat anything at all?

The law should allow people to be moral on principle - having choice allows that.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #25
New Yorker

Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
what exactly is a "partial birth abortion"? I mean....you go through giving birth partially and then abort the baby????? Whether thats correct in how I'm understanding that or not.....that's just gross.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiki
what exactly is a "partial birth abortion"? I mean....you go through giving birth partially and then abort the baby????? Whether thats correct in how I'm understanding that or not.....that's just gross.
That is a term invented by the religious right in order to do exactly what it's done to you - have an emotional reaction. It means a late-term abortion, but if they can call it partial-birth, well that's just a lot more evocative - who cares if it's a mischaracterization.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I know I have said this many many times. But why chose life in prison for murderer who made the choice to kill yet Abortion the taking of a life is ok?? And in the abortion stage I am talking about when it has a head, legs, feet, heart beat etc...
Old 04-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Are you talking about an unborn calf? monkey? metamorphosing tadpole?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #29
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I know I have said this many many times. But why chose life in prison for murderer who made the choice to kill yet Abortion the taking of a life is ok?? And in the abortion stage I am talking about when it has a head, legs, feet, heart beat etc...
Can you ever stick to the subject?

You've asked this several times before, do you think the answer will change...
Old 04-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Umm I am sticking to the subject of abortion and I never get a full answer only a half answer.

and A_Wanderer we are talking about people.