Palestinian ceasfire in question after three children murdered - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-14-2005, 12:41 AM   #16
Babyface
 
ajsearls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast OZ
Posts: 25
Local Time: 09:52 AM
If thats the case then maybe America should be handed back to the Indians and we Australian's should hand Australia back to the Aboriginies.
I am all for Israel and Palestine to have thier own states,but the fact is the Palestinians are being screwed majorly.Yes its true there is no excuse for suicide bommings,but they have no national army to fight with.Israel controls all of the borders and most aspects of palestinian life.It seems ok for Israel to have one of the strongest armies in world yet the palestinians have to resort to throwing rocks and strapping explosives to themselves to get their point across.I think its about time the UN steps in and sorts it out fairly for both sides because they will never do it on thier own!!
__________________

__________________
ajsearls is offline  
Old 04-14-2005, 06:58 AM   #17
The Fly
 
retro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 113
Local Time: 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ajsearls
If thats the case then maybe America should be handed back to the Indians and we Australian's should hand Australia back to the Aboriginies.
I am all for Israel and Palestine to have thier own states,but the fact is the Palestinians are being screwed majorly.Yes its true there is no excuse for suicide bommings,but they have no national army to fight with.Israel controls all of the borders and most aspects of palestinian life.It seems ok for Israel to have one of the strongest armies in world yet the palestinians have to resort to throwing rocks and strapping explosives to themselves to get their point across.I think its about time the UN steps in and sorts it out fairly for both sides because they will never do it on thier own!!

Within America, Native Indians are givin there own terrorties called reserves. They govern these lands themselves. They are also given reperations and pay no taxes. If it was the other way around, I highly doubt the Palestinians would be as gracious to the Jews. The Germans, Russians, Persians, Eygptions and Romans were certainly not so gracious when the Jews were living in their lands.

Lack of an army is still no excuse for suicide bombing. Furthermore the PLO has received massive grants over the years. Where did that money go? It never went to create an army ...and certainly never used to buy food. While I do blame Israel for much of the suffering Palestinians....many of their problems are also created by mismanagement and greed of the Palestinian goverment.

Just remember this ... how many places on earth can Islamic Muslims and Christians call home? The answer is several places. How many places can Jews call home? Just one tiny place that barely shows up on a map. Now you are probably saying...what about the Western world, there are plenty of jews living there. While that is true these are still countries ruled by Christians for the most part.
__________________

__________________
retro is offline  
Old 04-14-2005, 07:01 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by retro

For a thousand years before 1948, many Jews fled to Europe. As most of you know at one time or another were persecuted. Meanwhile several Jews stayed in the Palestine region. (also at points being persecuted by whomever controlled the region)
Unfortunately, many European countries have a disgraceful history of persecution of the Jews.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 04-14-2005, 07:39 AM   #19
Babyface
 
ajsearls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast OZ
Posts: 25
Local Time: 09:52 AM
I agree with what you
Quote:
Originally posted by retro



Within America, Native Indians are givin there own terrorties called reserves. They govern these lands themselves. They are also given reperations and pay no taxes. If it was the other way around, I highly doubt the Palestinians would be as gracious to the Jews. The Germans, Russians, Persians, Eygptions and Romans were certainly not so gracious when the Jews were living in their lands.

Lack of an army is still no excuse for suicide bombing. Furthermore the PLO has received massive grants over the years. Where did that money go? It never went to create an army ...and certainly never used to buy food. While I do blame Israel for much of the suffering Palestinians....many of their problems are also created by mismanagement and greed of the Palestinian goverment.

Just remember this ... how many places on earth can Islamic Muslims and Christians call home? The answer is several places. How many places can Jews call home? Just one tiny place that barely shows up on a map. Now you are probably saying...what about the Western world, there are plenty of jews living there. While that is true these are still countries ruled by Christians for the most part.
__________________
ajsearls is offline  
Old 04-14-2005, 09:14 AM   #20
Babyface
 
ajsearls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast OZ
Posts: 25
Local Time: 09:52 AM
I agree with what you are saying.I think both groups have a right to be there,both groups have a right to live in peace,but when one group oppresses another there can be no peace.
__________________
ajsearls is offline  
Old 04-14-2005, 09:15 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,266
Local Time: 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I just wish the killings would stop. Maybe I'm too idealistic.
Agreed. I've not really taken a side in this whole conflict, as both sides have been guilty of doing some pretty crappy stuff. I just wish both sides would just share the land and get along and everything-I'm as idealistic as verte is .

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 04-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #22
The Fly
 
retro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 113
Local Time: 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ajsearls
...but when one group oppresses another there can be no peace.

True. But oppression comes in different shapes and sizes...just like bombs and guns. Oppression comes from both sides. This is not as black and white as apartheid was in South Africa. There are many shades of grey in this matter.
__________________
retro is offline  
Old 04-14-2005, 01:36 PM   #23
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 760
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Even with all the historical baggage, solutions are still available, given some concessions from both sides.

But nothing can be done unless the first step is taken...and that's what the B-man says in LPOE to Zion's daughters, and Abraham's sons.

[On a personal note, though i was raised Moslem, i'm kinda partial to the KINGDOM OF JUDAH.]
__________________

__________________
Judah is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com