Pakistan comes through for Karl Rove!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThatGuy

Refugee
First read this article from The New Republic published July 7, 2004.
Link

Now read this:
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=5818158&section=news

CNN is reporting that he's been in custody for a few days, but they're only announcing it now.

Using terrorists for political gain. :down:

Here, The New Republic has reposted the article for free on their site:

http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?i=20040719&s=aaj071904

Thought this might help because some may be offended by the indelicate URL I posted originally.

Remember, it's not a conspiracy theory if it's true.

Last edited:
Yes, lets politicize it...:shame:

With your vast knowledge of the battle to capture these guys, did you ever think that there were other reasons for keeping it hush hush?

:huh:

Nah, lets use it in FYM to do what we do best.

Fixed the link.

So you're telling me it's just an incredible coincidence? It was reported a few weeks ago that this might happen, and now it does and it's a coincidence?

Last edited:
Okay. It's a coincidence that it happened a few hours before Kerry is about to give his speech.

It has been speculated that Osama is in custody to be revealed before the election - that doesn't make the speculation credible (and it is from poop.org?). The conspiracy theorists have been working overtime on this one....

As Dread suggests, there are security reasons to delay the announcement of his capture by a few days. Its not like the al Qaeda operative's first call will be to his lawyer.....

It's from The New Republic, nbc. The site is hosting it because it's no longer free on The New Repulic's site.

I bet you'd believe it if you read it on Drudge's site. :|

I don't know, I guess the question is how much of a security threat the guy is. If he's an Al-Qaeda member he's a security threat. I'm a Kerry supporter myself but I don't know if this is politics. I don't like terrorists.

Those first few days when the operative is in Pakistani custody and nobody knows where they are are somewhat interesting because that is when they are beaten to within an inch of their lives and softened up before being handed over to the US for interrogation. I know it sucks but thats the way it works and in many cases it does work.

Back
Top Bottom