Pa Tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
This sermon was aired on the Palestinian Authority TV station on May 13th, it is a vile anti-semitic rant by a religious leader that is given air time. One of the key problems in the Arab Israeli conflict is lack of recognition and understanding between each side, but rather than try to educate the Palestinian people the PA continues to this day in inciting hatred and genocidal aspirations; fueling the fires of terrorism and making an amicable solution more and more difficult.

Here is the full sermon (key elements in bold)
The following are excerpts from a Friday sermon on Palestinian Authority TV. The preacher is Sheik Ibrahim Mudeiris. PA TV aired this sermon on May 13, 2005

Ibrahim Mudeiris: Allah has tormented us with "the people most hostile to the believers" – the Jews. "Thou shalt find that the people most hostile to the believers to be the Jews and the polytheists." Allah warned His beloved Prophet Muhammad about the Jews, who had killed their prophets, forged their Torah, and sowed corruption throughout their history.

With the establishment of the state of Israel, the entire Islamic nation was lost, because Israel is a cancer spreading through the body of the Islamic nation, and because the Jews are a virus resembling AIDS, from which the entire world suffers.

You will find that the Jews were behind all the civil strife in this world. The Jews are behind the suffering of the nations.

Ask Britain what it did to the Jews in the early sixth century. What did they do to the Jews? They expelled them, tortured them, and prevented them from entering Britain for more than 300 years. All this was because of what the Jews did in Britain. Ask France what it did to the Jews. They tortured them, expelled them, and burned their Talmud, because of the civil strife the Jews wanted to spark in France, in the days of Louis XIX. Ask Portugal what it did to the Jews. Ask Czarists Russia, which welcomed the Jews, who plotted to kill the Czar - so he massacred them. But don't ask Germany what it did to the Jews. It was the Jews who provoked Nazism to wage war against the entire world, when the Jews, using the Zionist movement, got other countries to wage an economic war on Germany and to boycott German merchandise. They provoked Russia, Britain, France, and Italy. This enraged the Germans toward the Jews, leading to the events of those days, which the Jews commemorating today.

But they are committing worse deeds than those done to them in the Nazi war. Yes, perhaps some of them were killed and some burned, but they are inflating this in order to win over the of the media and gain the world's sympathy. The worst crimes in history were committed against the Jews, yet these crimes are no worse than what the Jews are doing in Palestine. What was done to the Jews was a crime, but isn't what the Jews are doing today in the land of Palestine not a crime?!

Look at modern history. Where has Great Britain gone? Where has Czarist Russia gone? Where has France gone - France, which almost ruled the entire world? Where is Nazi Germany, which massacred millions and ruled the world? Where did all these superpowers go? He who made them disappear will make America disappear too, God willing. He who made Russia disappear overnight is capable of making America disappear and fall, Allah willing.

We have ruled the world before, and by Allah, the day will come when we will rule the entire world again. The day will come when we will rule America. The day will come when we will rule Britain and the entire world – except for the Jews. The Jews will not enjoy a life of tranquility under our rule, because they are treacherous by nature, as they have been throughout history. The day will come when everything will be relived of the Jews - even the stones and trees which were harmed by them. Listen to the Prophet Muhammad, who tells you about the evil end that awaits Jews. The stones and trees will want the Muslims to finish off every Jew.
link

Under Palestinian President Abbas the nature of the PA has not changed from the days of Yasser Arafat, it would be very good if this anti-semitism was stopped today but unfortunately in continues unabated.

Sounds like the Palestinian version of "The 700 Club" to me.

Trying to force conservative Islam to be Jewish friendly is like asking conservative Christianity to be gay friendly. And in both cases, the conservative religious folk spread tons of lies about their enemies to continue dehumanizing them and to make their irrational hatred seem "logical."

Melon

Last edited:
But how many gays get killed for who they are? do we have thousands of blackshirted christian terrorists going out to exterminate gays? do your more extreme preachers get airtime on state (and UN) funded television?

This is a state run TV station, I am asking why the Palestinian Authority doesn't comply with the Oslo Accords and the roadmap and stop this vile propaganda. I think that Islam will never cease to be anti-semitic but I do think that if the Palestinian Authority stopped supporting these characters peace would be within reach.

I read the above there, and I certainly see how irrational and completely dangerous all that rhetoric is. What's sick is that many Palestinians probably believe all of those lies too. But you know what? I see that kind of faulty rhetoric come out of the Republican Party and conservative "family" groups every day when it comes to their reasoning behind "Defense of Marriage Acts."

I guess my point was that we, as Christian-influenced Westerners, it is very easy to tell Islam to make very dramatic changes, because, frankly, most of us probably don't like it or don't care about it anyway.

However, when it comes to our Christian fanatics, not only do we not tell them to shape up, a lot of the time, we let them get away with blaming the victims. In other words, if we are not prepared to deal with the religious intolerance and fanaticism in our own midst, how in the world are we going to be prepared to deal with the intolerance and fanaticism in Islam? They aren't stupid, you know. Muslims and Muslim clerics know how we maintain double standards when it comes to that.

Melon

Last edited:
You bring up a great contrast melon.

Though gays arent being killed with car bombs they still suffer from religous fundamentalist.

I understand your point very clearly wanderer. But at the end of the day religion will use any means nesasary to make their followers believe in what they want them to. Fear is at the heart of all religion and though christians generally dont use violence (wel lately anyway) they produce fear and haterd within their people. This can and has lead to many people being murdered and killed. I believe in a god, generally like christians do, but will i listen to churches moral maps, no way.

My moral compass is operated by only myself, hopefully, enventually, the people that spout this shit, be it christians or muslims will relize what they are doing and stop. Either that or the people that follow will move away from the hatred some religions produce.

I am not making a point about religion, my point is aimed against the Palestinian Political Authority which is not a religious authority and their continuing airing of these views on their propaganda outlets, which will have a big influence on the way that their people treat Israelis and the peace process in general.

I don't have to deal with religious fundamentalists in my life, Australian conservatism is thankfully clear of that and it barely factors in my considerations of these issues. Our political process is about as secular as it comes. I do not think that there is a double standard if only because they are two completely seperate issues; on one hand you have some TV preacher demonising the evils of homosexuality and rallying against potrayals of homosexuality in the media ~ to that I think that the person is a wanker and that their viewpoint is dead wrong and they should be roundly criticised but on the other hand it would be wrong to ban such expression because these people are often doing so on their own outlets and they are not inciting violence (in the specific cases where violence against homosexuals is advocated such as those picketing gangs I support them being prosecuted to the full extent of the law). On the other hand you have this case where an Islamic preacher gives a sermon rallying against the Jews and calling openly for genocide and global domination, in an ideal world these views would be openly mocked by the worlds Muslims however this is not an ideal world and these views are widely accepted in many quarters. I can accept that there will be this type of thought in the Islamic world and that there is nothing that western governments can do about it. I cannot however accept that the Palestinian Authority, an organisation that is dependent on the support of the US, Europe and the UN gives these views airtime on their television station. They have a clear obligation under Oslo to educate the population and instead the PA fosters this hatred that keeps it in power, it uses the religious elements to sway the people.

This is a key obstacle to peace in the Middle East and it is not about the nature of Islam or the western worlds treatment of it as a religion; it is all about dangerous propaganda that gets thousands of people killed on all sides and makes peace impossible.

There is no way we can just demand change and expect it to happen, it must come from within the Islamic world just like any change in attitude with conservative christianity must come from within, but we should criticise this type of propaganda being aired on the official PA TV stations especially when we consider that a large ammount of the money that goes to run this is coming out of western nations with an interest in seeing a two state solution.

I am not going to defend the actions of either gay bashing Christians or Jew bombing Muslims; they are each bad and represent the same basic intollerance of religion but the latter is much worse than the former and this is a case where just a little bit of pressure from the international community could change things for the better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom