Outsiders of the United States - - - - - ->

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holy John

Acrobat
Here is a couple of questions :

I - What do you think about the attacks in New York and Washington D.C. ?

2 - Do you support American President, Mr. George W. Bush, in his apparent good-feelings into what seems to be a large-scale "traditional" war ? (I said traditional only to image the war with earth-air-sea attacks kind of war, with an army instead of a "silent" war with commandos)

3 - Is is a US Army problem or a NATO problem ?

4 - Would you go at war if NATO declares it ?

-----

Here are my answers. It would be interesting for all of you to answer that.

I - I don't support the terrorist actions. I believe any attacks against civilians, would it be in a war or in terror attacks, are of any good.

2 - I don't support Mr. Bush in his apparent-thinking of launching into a large-scale traditional war. This is all suppositions, but I wouldn't approve that action. It is understandable that he and the American people want to venge their lost ones, but war won't do anything good. On the other hand, if he means "war against terrorism", that, I think everybody approves it in here.
I believe the responsibles should be taken into International Justice Court, since it's an international affaire I believe (because of the organization of terrorism, not because an attack on "democracy and freedom"). Also, the United Nations should have a well-followed-with-guts plan against terrorism. But you must know that ending terrorism will also mean to understand the whys of the attacks, more than the whos. Why did the terrorist attacked the US and why do they hate the US.

3 - If there is a war, it should be a US military one.

4 - I wouldn't go fight for "another country". If that would happened in Montreal, my feelings probably would be different, but my feelings now are that peace and specific actions against terrorism should prevail. The terrorist certainly excepcted a strong action from the US and that's what they wanted to do.

cheers

------------------
La resignacion es un suicido permanente

Originally posted by Holy John:
2 - I don't support Mr. Bush in his apparent-thinking of launching into a large-scale traditional war. This is all suppositions, but I wouldn't approve that action. It is understandable that he and the American people want to venge their lost ones, but war won't do anything good. On the other hand, if he means "war against terrorism", that, I think everybody approves it in here.
I believe the responsibles should be taken into International Justice Court, since it's an international affaire I believe (because of the organization of terrorism, not because an attack on "democracy and freedom"). Also, the United Nations should have a well-followed-with-guts plan against terrorism. But you must know that ending terrorism will also mean to understand the whys of the attacks, more than the whos. Why did the terrorist attacked the US and why do they hate the US.

That is a very naive remark. Do you really know is being dealt with here. You cant go into a country and say we have a warrent for your arrest and they will come out with their hands-up. These are people that are not going to be taken alive. Bin Laden has told his people closest to him that if he were to be captured to shot him in the head. Make him a martyr. These are not petty criminals they are soliders, military. They are supported by countries and helped and hardored. We can not stand for this. As a world we cant stand for this. I am a Canadian as are you Holy John. The G-8 summit as you know is being held here next year. You think they are going to care about the protesters. NO. They will have security to the MAX. And if a strike is made againist the G-8 will you then be ready to go to war since it happened in your country.

I will answer all the wuestions later to tired now.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

I - What do you think about the attacks in New York and Washington D.C. ?

I think they were probably one of the most barbaric acts I have ever had to learn about during my lifetime. I have friends who have friends that have gone missing, and they are really disturbed. I also have family in Kuwait, which may turn out to be dangerous in the future. I am also enraged by it all, because I have always hated (and I do mean HATE)the Taliban regime, along with any other muslim fanatic who make everybody's lives a misery.We have seen what kind of fanaticism Islamic countries are capable of. Indeed, if you were to live in certain Islamic countries(I have lived in five, so I DO know what I'm talking about) you would see that it takes a REAL BASTARD to become a
fanatic, merely because 70 or 80% of the population are really touchy when it comes to their religion. Might I also add that
Islam has to be the most notoriously misinterpreted religion on the face of this earth, leave it to God to place a religion in an area of the world where a lot of brains are fried because of the heat, so they can misinterpet it, cause wars, beat their wives and generally make everybody's lives a misery.

2 - Do you support American President, Mr. George W. Bush, in his apparent good-feelings into what seems to be a large-scale "traditional" war ? (I said traditional only to image the war with earth-air-sea attacks kind of war, with an army instead of a "silent" war with commandos)

I support Bush 100% of the way. I think for once he is aiming at sensitivity, stealth, precision and patience. I understand how difficult his position must be; everyone is angry and want him to do something, but he can't be sure who to aim the retaliation at.

3 - Is is a US Army problem or a NATO problem ?

I am not sure about this. On one hand, it IS USA's problem since they recieved the attack, but whats stoping them from attacking any other country? ALso, the world is much stronger if it is unified against terrorism, making it a NATO problem as well.

4 - Would you go at war if NATO declares it ?

I'll worry about that when the time comes, though I think I probably would.

Ant.

Back
Top Bottom