Out Of Control?? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2004, 08:04 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:01 AM
Out Of Control??

Top Dem Rips Kerry Campaign

Quote:
Longtime Democratic insider Tony Coelho lashed out at the John Kerry presidential campaign, characterizing it as a campaign in chaos. With yet another appointment of a former Clinton administration staffer to Kerry’s team on Tuesday, Coelho argues the problem is worsening.
What is Kerry's message? Why is he not campaigning against Bush's record as President (instead of using a smear campaign based on falsified memos)?

FYM'ers - what issues do YOU want Kerry to talk about?

Old 09-15-2004, 08:06 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:01 PM
I want Kerry to talk about a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and start channeling Howard Dean and do the scream. Other than that I think that he suffers from a case of "the enemy within", too many of his "allies" want to see a Hillary '08 and are undermining his campaign.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:17 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:01 AM
John Kerry has disappointed me in so many ways.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:20 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:01 AM
Uniting Democrats is very tough to do. Will Rogers once said "I don't belong to an organized party, I'm a Democrat".
Old 09-15-2004, 08:51 AM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I want Kerry to talk about a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and start channeling Howard Dean and do the scream. Other than that I think that he suffers from a case of "the enemy within", too many of his "allies" want to see a Hillary '08 and are undermining his campaign.
... and Hill Hill currently trails Rudy G in a poll taken about a hypothetical 2008 presidential campaign in the great state of new york... a state that hasn't been in the Red when it comes to Presidential Elections since Reagan.

The Dems need some reorganizing...
Old 09-15-2004, 08:58 AM   #6
Refugee

Now you guys trust CBS News?

Based on his comments, if Tony Coelho were Republican and speaking about the President he might be labelled "disgruntled" or "out of the loop." This is essentially an editorial by Coelho masquerading as a news story, and he's certainly entitled to his opinion. "Top Dems Rip Kerry Campaign?" The only person besides Coelho quoted in the article is McCurry, and he's not "ripping" the campaign.

In any event, I do think that Kerry needs to be better about getting his message out there. He is talking about Bush's failures as president, but it's not getting out there the way it needs to be.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

There is going to be a shitload of apathy come 2008, thousands of once highly motivated individuals seeing the end of BushChimpHitler and loosing their reason to be activists - kinda depressing in a way.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:01 AM
...and the Republicans need some compassion.

Compassion for someone more than those who are their political contributors.

Each political party and campaign has its pluses and minuses - neither side should appear too self-righteous.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:07 AM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
There is going to be a shitload of apathy come 2008, thousands of once highly motivated individuals seeing the end of BushChimpHitler and loosing their reason to be activists - kinda depressing in a way.

Assuming that there's going to be an election in 2008 and that the Republicans are going to field a candidate I don't see an end to activism from the left. I think the left has seen where apathy got them in 2000, and I'd be very surprised to see a repeat of that so soon.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:14 AM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
please... anyone who believes this practice is isolated to just one party is kidding themselves.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:15 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

I will be very happy to see and end to the ultradirty poltics and a return of some civility to it. If Bush really was Hitler then people wouldn't be able to go around and say that he is Hitler.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:17 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
...and the Republicans need some compassion.

Each political party and campaign has its pluses and minuses - neither side should appear too self-righteous.
Oh, you're right. We need compassion for union bosses and trial lawyers instead
Old 09-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #13
Babyface

Coelho really is calling the kettle black ... he didn't exactly do a stand-up job running Gore's campaign in 2000. Had they managed to keep Gore on message, and not merely distance himself from President Clinton's legacy but capitalize on its good points, then I think the election might have come out differently. Gore's handlers did the candidate a great disservice in 2000, much as Kerry's do now by infighting and a failure of leadership. Coelho is right on one point ... Who is running Kerry's campaign? Clinton's campaign was among the smoothest political field operations in Democratic politics, because they were directed and relentless in the same way as the Republicans. Kerry's campaign is too top-heavy with consultants. I want Senator Kerry to win this thing, and I believe he can, and I believe our times call for a man with his appreciation of the issues and perspective on the world, but he is going to have to get his campaign in order, take charge of it, lay out his vision, and present himself as a credible alternative to Bush is the debates. Thankfully, Kerry can shine in debates mush as he did in the Kerry-Weld Senate race in 1996. Go to the Web site Periodic Diversions for some interesting articles and links on the 2004 Presidential race.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:54 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

If there's any fault with the campaign, we can trust that it be brought up. It's in the nature of any election year for at least one big shot to gripe about the campaign.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:12 AM   #15
War Child

Quote:
I will be very happy to see and end to the ultradirty poltics and a return of some civility to it. If Bush really was Hitler then people wouldn't be able to go around and say that he is Hitler.
Exactly.

People have so much freedom in this country; that's what makes it great to live here. You can bad-mouth Bush all you want - even to the ridiculous point of comparing him to Hitler - and you have the absolute freedom to do so.