Other religions - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2002, 07:43 PM   #31
She's the One

Local Time: 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V:
That's interesting martha...I did a quick yahoo search and found a lot about meher..very interesting
Ask more if you want!

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Old 04-08-2002, 08:51 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar:
80's,ant,
it is a religion of the self. A satanist will always put themselves first. Indulgence is a huge thing in Satanism. The best way to live your life is to live it.
Do satanists believe in the afterlife?

Old 04-08-2002, 08:55 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
But there is certainly no evidence whatsoever that it occurred by pure happenstance, without any creative force behind it. [/B]
Actually, yes there is. There is a relatively new theory out, proposed by a physicist whose name starts with the letter G. Guth, maybe. Discover magazine did a cover story about it. Unfortunately, I left the magazine at my office and can't remember how to spell the man's name. Anyway, his theory is called the "inflation theory" and describes how the universe may have spontaneously created itself. He has already won an award that is often the pre-cursor to the Nobel.

If anyone has questions about it, I can answer them when I bring the magazine home.

And answering the original question of this thread, I consider myself "Catholic-Buddhist."

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart
Old 04-08-2002, 09:05 PM   #34
Refugee

[/b][/QUOTE]
Do satanists believe in the afterlife?[/B][/QUOTE]

I dont

------------------
He who stands atop the highest mountain can see the farthest
Old 04-09-2002, 06:34 AM   #35
Refugee

Local Time: 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
Actually, yes there is. There is a relatively new theory out, proposed by a physicist whose name starts with the letter G. Guth, maybe. Discover magazine did a cover story about it. Unfortunately, I left the magazine at my office and can't remember how to spell the man's name. Anyway, his theory is called the "inflation theory" and describes how the universe may have spontaneously created itself. He has already won an award that is often the pre-cursor to the Nobel.

If anyone has questions about it, I can answer them when I bring the magazine home.
It still doesn't change it from being a theory, not actual irrefutable evidence. Its a theory that happens to fit the facts maybe, but most widely recognised theories do that anyway.

Ant.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:03 AM   #36
Refugee

Local Time: 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha:
Ask more if you want!

what does meher mean? ...I knwo baba means father
Old 04-09-2002, 08:54 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Actually, yes there is. There is a relatively new theory out, proposed by a physicist whose name starts with the letter G. Guth, maybe.
But that's a theory. There's always been the theory that God doesn't exist. There is no evidence anywhere that God doesn't exist. Such evidence cannot exist. It's like trying to prove that love does not exist. it can't be done.
Old 04-09-2002, 09:17 AM   #38
AM
Refugee

Local Time: 02:01 PM
Quote:
And answering the original question of this thread, I consider myself "Catholic-Buddhist."

Catholic-Buddhist? Can you tell me more about this? How do you combine those two quite different religions?

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01
Old 04-09-2002, 09:25 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ravenstar,
I do not wish to "hijack" this thread. But I feel I must say something to you. I have something to tell you, and I'm not saying it out of anger, but out of concern for you. Please know that I am not attacking you in this post, only warning you of the truth about your religion, because I feel that if you continue down the road of satanism, you are headed for a fall. I prayed for you last night, as I always pray for those who do not know Christ. But my prayer last night was specifically for you; I prayed that you would see exactly where your master is leading you. Your master was defeated 2000 years ago, and ever since then, his work has been to take as many souls with him as he can. This satanistic religion of selfishness, greed, and sin may be what you think you want, but it's actually very destructive in this life and the life to come. You told me you don't believe in the afterlife; okay, let's look at the religion's effect on this world. How can having your own needs as #1 priority be any good for this life? That's where crime finds its roots. That's where hatred finds its roots. That's where sickening sin find its roots. I know the world isn't perfect, but I thank God for people who put others' needs before their own. If everyone was concerned with themselves first, a lot more people would have died on Sept.11. Thank God for those heros, and for present, past and future heros that put others as their number one priority instead of themselves.
In the final analysis, I DO believe in the afterlife, and my honest belief is that your master does too; he just doesn't want you to believe in it. Satan has already lost the war, and one day it will be final, and his eternal home will be one of torment and fire. And if he goes, be assured he will take his followers with him. My master, my friend, my Lord and my God (Jesus Christ)offers something that is exactly the opposite. He offers His love; He died on a cross and rose from the dead because of His love for you. He offers his Heaven as an eternal residence. It is a free gift; we can't earn it. Please accept His gift. You can still break away from the sadistic creature upon which your religion is based.
Old 04-09-2002, 09:34 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

HeartlandGirl, a couple of points, if you don't mind:

1. The physicist you're talking about is Alan Guth. He probably isn't going to win a Nobel for his theory of inflationary cosmology, though. He's a very nice man (I was an undergraduate at MIT, and I've met him personally).

2. Even inflationary cosmology or string theories, theories that propose that the universe could have created itself, don't answer the question of whether a God must have created the universe. They merely displace the question. If the universe created itself out of "quantum foam", how did the quantum foam come to exist? etc. It's similar to the refutation of the "design argument" for God's existence--if God designed everything in the universe, who designed the Designer? At this point, you must either say "the Designer was not designed by anybody" or give up on the argument.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:00 AM   #41
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V:

what does meher mean? ...I knwo baba means father
Compassionate, so the name works out to be Compassionate Father. His followers tend to call him Baba.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02
Old 04-09-2002, 12:19 PM   #42
AM
Refugee

Local Time: 02:01 PM
does he claim to be a prophet send by God?

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01
Old 04-09-2002, 05:25 PM   #43
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Ravenstar,
I do not wish to "hijack" this thread. But I feel I must say something to you. I have something to tell you, and I'm not saying it out of anger, but out of concern for you. Please know that I am not attacking you in this post, only warning you of the truth about your religion, because I feel that if you continue down the road of satanism, you are headed for a fall. I prayed for you last night, as I always pray for those who do not know Christ. But my prayer last night was specifically for you; I prayed that you would see exactly where your master is leading you. Your master was defeated 2000 years ago, and ever since then, his work has been to take as many souls with him as he can. This satanistic religion of selfishness, greed, and sin may be what you think you want, but it's actually very destructive in this life and the life to come. You told me you don't believe in the afterlife; okay, let's look at the religion's effect on this world. How can having your own needs as #1 priority be any good for this life? That's where crime finds its roots. That's where hatred finds its roots. That's where sickening sin find its roots. I know the world isn't perfect, but I thank God for people who put others' needs before their own. If everyone was concerned with themselves first, a lot more people would have died on Sept.11. Thank God for those heros, and for present, past and future heros that put others as their number one priority instead of themselves.
In the final analysis, I DO believe in the afterlife, and my honest belief is that your master does too; he just doesn't want you to believe in it. Satan has already lost the war, and one day it will be final, and his eternal home will be one of torment and fire. And if he goes, be assured he will take his followers with him. My master, my friend, my Lord and my God (Jesus Christ)offers something that is exactly the opposite. He offers His love; He died on a cross and rose from the dead because of His love for you. He offers his Heaven as an eternal residence. It is a free gift; we can't earn it. Please accept His gift. You can still break away from the sadistic creature upon which your religion is based.
umm...I get this alot
try to remember that I view Satan differently than you. My leader is myself.

------------------
He who stands atop the highest mountain can see the farthest
Old 04-09-2002, 06:22 PM   #44
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by AM:
does he claim to be a prophet send by God?
No, He is God.

------------------

Old 04-09-2002, 06:32 PM   #45
Refugee

Local Time: 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha:
No, He is God.

God in the sense he is god..or god in the usual hindu sense...we are all god..he has just realized it?