Other religions - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2002, 06:03 PM   #136
Refugee

Local Time: 11:34 AM
I have one little point to add:
The word Satan is from a latin word (I think) that means accuser, adversary (depends on your translation). To Satanists, Satan is just a name. A descriptive one though. Adversary as in not going with the norm, etc. Its like calling your brown dog Chocolate.
I hope this helped a bit. If you want I can post some more stuff like the 11 satanic rules of the earth, the nine satanic sins, the 21 satanic points (released by the Order of The Nine Angels). But only if you want.

------------------
He who stands atop the highest pyramid of skulls can see the farthest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://all.at/bag <--friends site

Old 05-07-2002, 11:11 AM   #137
The Fly

Local Time: 04:34 PM
I've no religion.
If I had to chose one I'd be wiccan I guess.
And yes I believe there's a God above us.

Thanks Ravenstar and others I can't remember all the names now (long long thread!) for I've learned a lot here so far.

[This message has been edited by Desert Rose (edited 05-07-2002).]

Old 05-12-2002, 06:35 PM   #138
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar:
Its more of a philosophy actually. Im an atheistic satanist. We view satan as a symbol of the carnal and natural side of human nature as noted in the nine satanic statements. We are our own god, creating our own good and evil. We dont harm children. No animal sacrifices. Children and animals are important to satanist because they accept their natural side the most. You can ask me some questions if you want.

Thank you so much for explaining that. I knew it was different to the sacrificing of animals etc that ppl make out. It's very interesting to find out the true definition
Old 05-12-2002, 06:58 PM   #139
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Quote:
80's
seeing other people happy makes me happy. So I like to help people make themselves happy. I do help people in need. I can imagine the world if everyone was a Satanist, it's not sickening though.
Well, are you really a satanist, then? It seems to me that if you help other people, you are putting their needs ahead of your own.
I don't get why helping people means you are not putting yourself first. If it makes you happy to see others happy then making them happy is therefore making you happy so it's a selfish act and isn't selfless and purely putting others first. Just how I see it. Someone please tell me if they agree or disagree
Old 05-12-2002, 07:16 PM   #140
War Child

Quote:
I have one little point to add:
The word Satan is from a latin word (I think) that means accuser, adversary (depends on your translation). To Satanists, Satan is just a name. A descriptive one though. Adversary as in not going with the norm, etc. Its like calling your brown dog Chocolate.
I hope this helped a bit. If you want I can post some more stuff like the 11 satanic rules of the earth, the nine satanic sins, the 21 satanic points (released by the Order of The Nine Angels). But only if you want.

Yeah could you please I would be interested to find out more
Old 05-12-2002, 07:18 PM   #141
Refugee

I agree with you

------------------
Tá mé íseal.
Tá mé ard.
Tá mé tanaí.
Tá mé ramhar.
Tá mé bean.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:25 PM   #142
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by UV2001:
Yeah could you please I would be interested to find out more
Could you tell me what your sig means too please

"Tá mé íseal.
Tá mé ard.
Tá mé tanaí.
Tá mé ramhar.
Tá mé bean."
Old 05-12-2002, 07:30 PM   #143
Refugee

my sig is in Irish Gaelic. It means
I am short.
I am tall.
I am thin.
I am fat.
I am a woman.

------------------
Tá mé íseal.
Tá mé ard.
Tá mé tanaí.
Tá mé ramhar.
Tá mé bean.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:34 PM   #144
War Child

[This message has been edited by UV2001 (edited 05-12-2002).]
Old 05-12-2002, 07:36 PM   #145
War Child

Quote:
I am short.
I am tall.
I am thin.
I am fat.
I am a woman.

Cool. It's such a beautiful language. I tried learning it from a book a while back but it's not the best way to learn and I didn't have chance to focus lots of time on it so I gave up. Could you tell me more about satanism? Thanks
Old 05-12-2002, 07:38 PM   #146
War Child

Quote:
I am short.
I am tall.
I am thin.
I am fat.
I am a woman.

Cool. It's such a beautiful language. I tried learning it from a book a while back but it's not the best way to learn and I didn't have chance to focus lots of time on it so I gave up. Could you tell me more about satanism? Thanks
Old 05-12-2002, 07:38 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by UV2001:
I don't get why helping people means you are not putting yourself first. If it makes you happy to see others happy then making them happy is therefore making you happy so it's a selfish act and isn't selfless and purely putting others first. Just how I see it. Someone please tell me if they agree or disagree
If you are doing something that is detrimental to you but good for others, it is selfless, if you are doing it because you want what is best for that person.

Here are some examples:
1)You've been craving a chocolate donut all day. Your coworker brings in a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. You wait until everyone has had their first choice. When it gets down to the last two people, there are only two donuts left - a chocolate and a maple. You don't like maple. But you want that person to have the happiness of choosing his favorite. He chooses the chocolate. You walk away without a donut. Is that a selfish act? No, not even if it happens to make you happy that your coworker got his donut of choice. Your happiness wasn't the reason you chose to let everyone else choose their donuts first. All you cared about was their feelings, not your own. That is selflessness.

2)You and your child are in the park. A gang battle breaks out. You see a gangster point a gun in your child's direction. You jump in front of your child and take the bullet. You were not concerned with your feelings or life whatsoever - just your child's. That is sleflessness.

3)A soldier is captured by the enemy. He is tortured daily for info that would threaten the national security of his country. He refuses to divulge the information, even though he knows how severely he will be beat. Is he doing that "to make himself happy"? No. He's doing it sacrificially - to benefit those who live in his country thousands of miles away.

4)The Son of the Living God sits at his Father's right hand. The people of the earth are dying in their sin, and their own good efforts won't cut teh mustard, because they are imperfect. The Son knows there is only one thing to do to save the children he loves so much. So he leaves his Father's right hand-a place of glory and praises and riches- to be born as a simple baby in a simple manger in a simple little town. His earthly parents are simple and poor. This is nothing like the paradise from which he came. 33 years later, after living a life in which he had no possessions or money, he willingly allows himself to be crucified (the most painful way to die at the time), because he knows that in so doing, he is offering the children he loves the opportunity to join him in paradise. That is the ULTIMATE in selflessness.

I'm going to say this bluntly because I believe it with my whole heart. this whole idea of "placing your needs first all the time" is not only a waste of precious gifts, but is very detrimental to society. It is one of the main reasons our society is in such a crappy condition..because everyone is looking out for number 1.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:39 PM   #148
Refugee

I'm learning it online actually. Here's some more stuff about Satanism:

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
I Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

II Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure that they want to hear them.

III When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

IV If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

V Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

VI Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the person and he cries out to be relieved.

VII Acknowledge the power of magic if you have used it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

VIII Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

IX Do not harm little children.

X Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food.

XI When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

------------------
Tá mé íseal.
Tá mé ard.
Tá mé tanaí.
Tá mé ramhar.
Tá mé bean.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:42 PM   #149
Refugee

80's,
how can you help others when you can't help yourself?

------------------
Tá mé íseal.
Tá mé ard.
Tá mé tanaí.
Tá mé ramhar.
Tá mé bean.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:45 PM   #150
War Child

Quote:
I'm learning it online actually. Here's some more stuff about Satanism:

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
I Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

II Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure that they want to hear them.

III When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

IV If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

V Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

VI Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the person and he cries out to be relieved.

VII Acknowledge the power of magic if you have used it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

VIII Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

IX Do not harm little children.

X Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food.

XI When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Those all actually make alot of sense. Not too sure about the destroy him part though. I'm not a very violent person anymore. This is all extrememly interesting though. Thank you