Oreilly Article On Bono & Africa - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2002, 10:51 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
I do think that if nothing else, at least people are thinking (hopefully) about the issue and from the looks of the following article, Mr. O'Neill might be about to push for some actual results.
Sula, this is exactly what Congressman Bachus was saying in the audio file we listened to last night: the importance of making poeple aware of and thinking about the issue. I am optimistic that good things will begin to happen.

MBH & Lemonite:

Have y'all found any economists who say the same things that Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly are saying? I am just curious. Much of the other side's info contains information from Paul Sachs and other knowledgeable economists. Most of your side is composed of catch phrases from a shock jock and a former tabloid tv anchor. Also: you keep commenting on past aid efforts, but you seem to be overlooking that the emphasis here is on providing aid in a new manner that seeks prevention and a cure for economic instability, not just temporary relief of the symptoms.

~U2Alabama

Old 06-07-2002, 10:55 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
but the musician's remarks weren't so shrill that he undercut his effectiveness with gray-haired Republicans who still think U2 is a SPY PLANE.
I found this comment to be intriguing, and z edge is so vain that he probably thought the quote was about hi.

~U2Alabama

Old 06-08-2002, 12:08 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:13 AM

this thread is ridiculous. i can't believe i wasted the last 4 minutes of my life reading this drivel.

and it could have been so interesting...
Old 06-10-2002, 12:07 PM   #49
MBH
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
you seem to keep accusing other members either of:
a) following Bono like mindless sheep because some do not agree with the article you posted

I never said that. In fact, I have acknowledge that many people on this site are intelligent and that is the reason that I indulge in conversations here in the first place. Sometimes, people gang up on others if they disagree and many people are sensitive to criticism of U2/Bono(myself included).

or

b) sticking up for eachother no matter what

is it that impossible that we simply do not agree?

That is fine. However, there is no need to pass others off as "idiots," imply that they "haven't done their homework," and ignore important facts that have been presented. Nobody ever said that you or anyone else must agree with a certain article; although, acknowledgement of well-thought, factual remarks is advised.

many of the conclusions made in the article you posted are correct

THANK YOU!

I don't think I've seen people denying that
some of the conclusions differ from ones point of view: happens, that's ok
most people who do not agree with the article (myself for instance) seem to think that some of the accusations made against Bono and Drop the Debt team doesn't show the writer is well-informed (I for one have heard/read Bono say that financial aids aren't the solution, but since we are responsible for robbing Africa of it's recourses it's the least we can do until we do figure out a way that on how to help - but I guess adding that wouldn't benefit the rest of his article) + the overall tone of the article is not nice (it shows the writer is about as biased against Bono as we are biased towards him)

In some cases, as I've pointed out in the past, that is true.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:14 PM   #50
MBH
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kobayashi
this thread is ridiculous. i can't believe i wasted the last 4 minutes of my life reading this drivel.

and it could have been so interesting...

Yeah, you could've been doing something useful and productive with your time like watching great playoff hockey between Carolina and Detroit!

BTW, Detroit will not lose another game this year!(although, Carolina deserves much credit; despite many doubters, they won the East and have gone toe to toe with a great Detroit team....how long b4 this post is moved to "Put 'em Under Pressure?"...LOL!

Tags
africa, bono, bono africa