Oral sex lessons to cut rates of teenage pregnancy - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2004, 07:06 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
And I'd just like to add that I think the guys are just as "whorish" for engaging in that activity.
I agree.

Old 05-10-2004, 07:43 PM   #17
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly

Sorry but I can't believe this happens.

If I had a daughter and I found out that she was giving blowjob to someone on a school bus I think I would have a heart problem. Don't want to offend anyone but today's young girls are becoming whores and they think that's cool, which is the scarier thing. In the end of the day who wants to marry a girl who at 14 was giving someone head on the back of a school bus? Sometimes I wonder if I should ever have kids. Iím more sad than disgusted.

Well, we also need to do something about our BOYS who think its okay to GET blowjobs on the schoolbus. As the mother of 3 sons, I can tell you that the level of disrespect I've seen boys show to girls they supposedly "like" is disgusting.

And trust me, the male "whores" outnumber the females by a pretty large margin.

And yes, I totally agree with you that its more sad than anything else.

Old 05-10-2004, 07:48 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

Well, we also need to do something about our BOYS who think its okay to GET blowjobs on the schoolbus. As the mother of 3 sons, I can tell you that the level of disrespect I've seen boys show to girls they supposedly "like" is disgusting.

And yes, I totally agree with you that its more sad than anything else.
Again I agree. The disrespect comes from both sides.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:23 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
Absolutely. How can boys learn what a relationship is when they are taught to view girls as objects of gratification?
Old 05-10-2004, 10:06 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Instead they say A Pause promotes the message that other forms of physical intimacy are safer than full intercourse.
Yeah, um, OKAY

This is so rediculous. It's like saying that AIDS is horrible but since people keep getting it, we should encourage them to get a less fatal STD instead.....

Edit: WTF? Where are the PARENTS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? People these days need to grow up and realize that a school is NOT responsible for raising your kids, YOU are, period.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:22 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Was there an estimate of the rise in oral cases of gonorrhea if this is encouraged? Yes, pus in your throat, isn't that romantic?
Old 05-10-2004, 10:43 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:50 PM
But, see, this starts with small things. From the music, the way people dance... you know, the guy rubbing himself against the girls deriere (sp?). The music itself talks about pimping and hos. Girls walk around with thongs sticking out. Spring Break (self-explanatory) and everything that goes on within it. It's all leading to one thing.

I am not suprised but I still am kind of dissapointed. Thank God things aren't as bad here in Honduras.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:53 AM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

But, see, this starts with small things. From the music, the way people dance... you know, the guy rubbing himself against the girls deriere (sp?). The music itself talks about pimping and hos. Girls walk around with thongs sticking out. Spring Break (self-explanatory) and everything that goes on within it. It's all leading to one thing.
as much as i hate listening to "bling bling yo i got ma hoz and we gonna chill yo i'm a pimp bling bling yo shorty!!" and ultimately i don't think it does a lot of good, you can't put all the blame on crappy music.

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Edit: WTF? Where are the PARENTS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? People these days need to grow up and realize that a school is NOT responsible for raising your kids, YOU are, period.
good fucking question.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:33 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I didn't. I said there are many factors that contribute into the current situation.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:42 PM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

I am not suprised but I still am kind of dissapointed. Thank God things aren't as bad here in Honduras.
Funny enough this is exactly what my grandparents generation said about my mother's generation. They blamed Elvis, the mini-skirt, the dances, the movies, etc.

So maybe the Amish have it right?!

No, it comes down to who's raising these kids...and unfortunately it's not the parents.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:19 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Good point. Still, if parents don't tell their children that there IS something wrong with what I mentioned earlier then that's where the mistake is.

I agree that it should be up to the parents to teach some values.

I stand corrected... at some level.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:18 PM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Well, they don't even consider that to be sex
Our last President didn't either, so why should they?

if anyone has kazaa, try downloading the opie and anthony clip where they discuss an HBO special "middle school confessions."
Old 05-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #28
Refugee

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Wow, this is just amazing- kids are in such a hurry too grow up. I think that teen pregnancy is a problem and I guess that I believe that kids should be taught more about condoms, the pill etc, etc instead of oral sex. I guess that kids are going to be having sex and you gotta just equip them with the right knowledge on what to do. One of my best friends is a single Mum and her son is almost 13 and just started high school this year, he looks about 15 and we all know that his hormones are just racing and that he probably cant wait to have his first sexual experience, so my friend has talked to him, given him a book on sex and told him how important safe sex is. WHilst my friend does not want to think of him having sex, she cant be blind to the idea, so she has tried to at least let him know of all of the consequences and precautions that it entails and I guess that this is the best practice.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:31 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Teen pregnancy is an absolute failure of adults. When we suggest that "kids will have sex anyways" we are collectively failing to set expectations for a child's behavior. We are failing the next generation.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:19 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:50 PM
Wow, this is absolutely amazing and disgusting. I can't believe this is the alternative people are proposing to stop teenage pregnancy.

I agree with Mrs. Springsteen: " I think the best prevention of pregnancy is an open and frank dialogue w/ parents or some suitable substitute." Yes. Sex education is the key. Giving kids education as to the physical and emotional ramifications of sex, as well as the parents being able to handle the moral side how they see fit. It would be just as bad to ignore the subject, but there is no reason it should be encouraged.

I see any kind of "encouraging" of oral sex as encouraging sex in general, and encouraging kids to expirement more. The focus on sex is widespread enough. Nevermind the important questions of- along with this encouragement are they also taught how to handle a situation when your "partner" wants to go further than you do, etc???