Opposite thread!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Take the opposite position in this thread of what you truly believe. Pick a topic...and go with it.

Give it a try. We are becoming too predictable in here....and please..be serious about your attempts to take the opposite side.

Thank you.

I think this is a great idea, and we are all definitely so mature that flame wars are the furthest from our minds.

(Did I do good? :sexywink: )

Melon

melon said:
I think this is a great idea, and we are all definitely so mature that flame wars are the furthest from our minds.

(Did I do good? :sexywink: )

Melon

Still waiting for that cup of joe!

OK...You go first. I want you to say one postive thing about George Bush. I will accept your assignment after you complete mine.

Oh...I get it now....Read below.....I am in Kidney Stone Coma again....:huh:

You played your hand.....:wink:

Last edited:
ILuvLarryMullen said:
I'll start!

George W. Bush is my personal hero! :love:
So is Rush Limbaugh :drool:
The poor are poor because they are lazy
Marriage should be between a man and woman only, duh!
I'll be a republican til the day I die!
The bible should be taught in school
The minimum wage is just fine where it is, in fact it is too high!
Rich people pay way too much in taxes, especially corporations

I think I'll just leave it there for now

Interesting....This was serious in your attempt? The teacher gives you a C+.

However, your Signature Raises your grade to a B+!!!!

Last edited:
Did you dig down deep to be serious in your attempt?

How about picking one....one of those issues, and putting forward some serious effort into developing an argument for that topic. For example....maybe the teaching of religion in schools.....:|

Wow...in my drug induced haze I raise the grade...to a B+ and still I get complaints...:wink:

Last edited:
I didn't know you I was supposed to go deeply into a subject, I thought it was just an overall thing, sorry I didn't read your initial post thoroughtly enough :|

I'll just go delete what I wrote then :|

Do not delete it....

:sad:

Improve upon it.......think of it as a rough draft.

besides if i were to go deeply into a topic it gets quite difficult to write the opposite of what you mean and still get your arguments across

ILuvLarryMullen said:
besides if i were to go deeply into a topic it gets quite difficult to write the opposite of what you mean and still get your arguments across

That is the point.....

We are getting so predictable in here.....I thought it would be a good way to shake things up.

:combust:

that's okay :). I have to admit that I was a little offended at first, but I'm over it, I think i was being a little overly sensitive anyways.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
that's okay :). I have to admit that I was a little offended at first, but I'm over it, I think i was being a little overly sensitive anyways.

Just trying to have some fun.....:hug:

I cannot do it now either.....I am way to out of it.....

if i enter some argument in some other thread with my illogic... would that make things unpredictable? :sexywink:

:wink: I will get back to you when I can understand what that means.

Ok I'll take the bait.

I think all schools in the U.S. should teach religion. It goes beyond the ciriculum and teaches the children morals and compassion, something that's lacking in today's children.

(Is that what you're thinking)

Every single man and woman should be allowed to carry a gun. Self defence is primary. If I have an intruder break into my property, I should be allowed to do whatever it takes to defend myself and my family. It is my right and I will not stand for limiting my resources in protecting my family and myself from those social deviants who do such things.
If it comes down to 'them vs me' be damned with the consequences. My right to bear arms and defend myself as set out in the constitution overrides all other debate on this topic. If someone wants to attempt me harm, or enter my property unlawfully, so be it on their head. It is their life they risk.

:|

Blame God

God hates gay people, not me. I can say that God said it and bear no responsibility for my own actions or opinions. God said it, not me. It?s not my fault! That way, anything I disagree with or am uncomfortable with I can blame on God.

When I vote, I do what God ?tells? me to do. It?s not my fault that men interpreted the bible to advance their own political agenda. I just read what is put in front of me, without investigating the history or origins of the original text. I like to read one verse and throw out the rest of the laws in Leviticus and Exodus, in order to advance my own agenda. I read the NIV. God said it. I believe it. That settles it!

Two consenting adults DO NOT deserve to decide what?s best for them. It?s up to me to make that decision for them. After all, they are sinners. They are clouded with sin. I mean come on! I?m the one that found God! Therefore, I should know what?s best for them.

I like to quote Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such thing is an abomination."

But I like to ignore other laws, such as:

Exodus 21:7 "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go free as male slaves do."

Exodus 35:2 "On six days work may be done, but the seventh day shall be sacred to you as the sabbath of complete rest to the LORD. Anyone who does work on that day shall be put to death."

Leviticus 11:7 "and the pig, which does indeed have hoofs and is cloven-footed, but does not chew the cud and is therefore unclean for you.
8Their flesh you shall not eat, and their dead bodies you shall not touch; they are unclean for you."
Even though I like football!

God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve! Even though I can't seem to come up with a logical reason why homosexuality is wrong, I'm still going to believe it is wrong because I don't understand it and I believe EVERYTHING I read in the bible.

Why should I question it? I'm not that insecure in my faith. God's not going to fall off the throne if I question Him! Will He?

Back
Top Bottom