Opposite thread!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Well you went a little extreme but I'll play along.

How do you prove it?

Homer Simpson proved it when he had the crayon removed from his brain and went all Einstein, but Ned Flanders burned the proof. :wink:

I believe in the strictest forms of censorship. I am the last one to publicly speak my mind, particularly concerning issues of injustice or controversy. I leave independent thought up to those who are our moral and political superiors. Censorship is also necessary in the media, it is far better for the government to decide what we should know. Ignorance is bliss. And I am most emphatically in support of censorship in movies, videos etc as I am shocked and offended by anything remotely to do with fornication. Were such repulsive copulation not necessary for the continuation of our species it should be banned outright. I burn books on a regular basis. And there is this vile Irish group that goes by the name of U2 whose Achtung Baby CDs I am trying to have taken off the market for their references to oral sexual pleasure which, as everyone knows, is just icky and gross and nothing any decent person would partake in. Please feel free to censor this post in any manner deemed necessary if I have at all offended anyone.

Mr. Fargus (in deadpan monotone) "Sorry to fly off the handle like that" (The Family Guy) :wink:

Last edited:
The ends justify the means. I don't care if my president's administration may have persuaded their intelligence to justify this war. I don't care if there are no WMDs. I don't care who's toes we step on to get there because we removed a murderous dictator that was an imminent threat to my country. Bush was a brave man to do the right thing.

There are no Chemical weapons in Iraq. Iraq has no blisterin agents. There are no shells filled with any form of banned WMD. IRAQ has complied with all of the its obligations.

Can we do this without the sarcasm? :wink:

I think abortion should be freely available to any woman at any point in a pregnancy. It's up to a woman to make decisions about her body and nobody, not the government or doctors or anyone else, should be able to tell her what to do. A baby isn't really alive until it's born anyway, so it's not like you're killing something that's alive. So what if some babies born as prematurely as 25 weeks can survive - that's just one of those stupid, irrelevant anti-choice arguments. And so is that suggestion that babies can feel pain before they're born - the doctors who did that research must have just been crazy anti-choice bigots. And don't even get me started on those pro-life charities...they're all about picketing family planning clinics and scaring innocent women, they don't really care about women or babies, it's just a political point to them. They're probably all Christian fundamentalists anyway! A woman's right to choose is all that matters and anyone who says otherwise is just sexist and reactionary. The end. :p

I guess I can't do this without sarcasm, lol. :lol:

LCK said:
I believe in the strictest forms of censorship. I am the last one to publicly speak my mind, particularly concerning issues of injustice or controversy. I leave independent thought up to those who are our moral and political superiors. Censorship is also necessary in the media, it is far better for the government to decide what we should know. Ignorance is bliss. And I am most emphatically in support of censorship in movies, videos etc as I am shocked and offended by anything remotely to do with fornication. Were such repulsive copulation not necessary for the continuation of our species it should be banned outright. I burn books on a regular basis. And there is this vile Irish group that goes by the name of U2 whose Achtung Baby CDs I am trying to have taken off the market for their references to oral sexual pleasure which, as everyone knows, is just icky and gross and nothing any decent person would partake in. Please feel free to censor this post in any manner deemed necessary if I have at all offended anyone.

Mr. Fargus (in deadpan monotone) "Sorry to fly off the handle like that" (The Family Guy) :wink:

:laugh: Now that's about as opposite as it gets! LOL! I'll have to think up one myself.

I'm playing again. :wink: (I'm trying to think of some more unusual subjects rather than the usual Iraq/President Bush/WMD topics).

I think it's ridiculous to suggest that what children watch on television in any way influences them. It doesn't matter how much violence or sexual content or bad language there is in a tv show, children aren't going to learn anything bad from it. All those studies where they show children a film of someone being kind to a doll and then someone hitting a doll, and then monitor the way the child behaves with the doll are just rubbish. So what if children mimic what they saw on that film, it doesn't mean they're going to mimic what they see on real tv shows. I've never heard a child use a swear word just because they saw it on tv, have you? There's absolutely nothing wrong with children watching five hours of tv a day, it's not like they're missing out on anything important, like conversations with their parents and siblings, or physical exercise, or reading books or doing homework. Anyone who says that violent films or tv shows can be bad for children is just trying to scare people, and they just hate the whole movie industry. That's all. :p

I believe people should be able to sue whoever they want, whenever they want. If somebody treated you badly, they deserve to pay. Why should good, honest people have to suffer from the incompetence of others?

This goes hand in hand with my belief that money is the solution to all the world's problems. If only everyone had just a little more cash - preferably at the expense of all the bad people - the entire population could live in harmony and respect for each other.

Thus it is imperative for any person with a complaint, no matter how minor it seems, to do all in their power to see that justice is done. Nobody should be expected to take responsibility for their actions; it is always someone else's fault.

The most effective way to get what you want is, first of all, take out a multi-million dollar lawsuit against that lazy council worker who forgot to trim the tree which caused you to fall off your bicycle. Secondly, take your complaint to the sensationalist media - don't they do a fantastic job? - and arrange for an in-depth hidden camera operation that discovers what a shoddy tree-trimmer this council worker really is. It's a really great idea to spend hours crying, preferably on camera, about how you can't afford to pay off your $40,000 four-wheel-drive now that you can't work, thanks to your twisted ankle. This will guarantee offers of help will come your way and, although you insist you're not a charity case, you should of course accept whatever cash you can get your hands on. It's what makes society great!

I think we should spend all our money on inter-planetary travel. Get this moon ready for human habitation. We have handled Earth's resources so well, it is about time we extended our knowledge. Enough of mankind being such a pissy little dot on the universe, we need to make our mark. We need to conquer this universe which is really not all that big...right? It is completely surmountable. There are resources up there most likely that we should go forth and take. It is rightfully ours.
And while we are at it, I hate Bush for everything he does, but this time I will love him for taking the initiative. I will make one exception by supporting this, yet still finding a way to be mad at him for doing this...

--------------------
:confused: this might not have worked right - re: bush :D

2nd Amendment is by far the most important amendment of the Bill of Rights. Without it, how could we ever have fought for our Independence, and how could we defend our country against terrorists (and Communists) on our soil?

1st Amendment, 4th Amendment, 5th Amendment, and 9th Amendment are totally superfluous compared to the 2nd Amendment.

sorry... i tried. :slant:

Angela Harlem said:
I think we should spend all our money on inter-planetary travel. Get this moon ready for human habitation. We have handled Earth's resources so well, it is about time we extended our knowledge. Enough of mankind being such a pissy little dot on the universe, we need to make our mark. We need to conquer this universe which is really not all that big...right? It is completely surmountable. There are resources up there most likely that we should go forth and take. It is rightfully ours.
And while we are at it, I hate Bush for everything he does, but this time I will love him for taking the initiative. I will make one exception by supporting this, yet still finding a way to be mad at him for doing this...

--------------------
:confused: this might not have worked right - re: bush :D

:laugh:

--al gore should be our president. who cares if the constitution says that the person who gains the most electoral votes wins. gore won the popular vote so he should be president.

--howard dean makes sense

--bill clinton should be immortalized on mt. rushmore for all the work he did as president. and we republicans were wrong for attacking him in office. sure he lied under oath, but come on... he was just tryin' to keep his infidelity secret from his wife. let a playa play

--bush jr. should be immortalized on mt. rushmore for all the work he did as president. and anyone who attacked him was wrong for attacking him in office. sure he lied under oath, but come on... he was just tryin' to keep his real reasons for war a secret from his country. let a playa play

There should be no gun control whatsoever. A jewelry store in my town was robbed by a couple of great guys w/ AK 47's and I say, more power to them :up: they should have had better firepower.

Drunk driving should always be allowed, and is not a serious crime..I say have no legal limit. And drunk drivers should not be punished. After all, it's not the govt's place to interfere, and alcoholism is just a disease, which the drivers are a victim of.

Domestic violence is not an important issue-once again, it's not the govt's place to get involved. And men have to keep their women in line, and/or women have to keep their men in line. It's also good for children to witness this and learn it from an early age.

Donald Rumsfeld is really a great guy of the highest integrity. He's just misunderstood :(

Sorry, I could never believe any of this, so I had to be sarcastic :wink:

Absolutely.....awsome posts.....even the sarcastic ones are pretty good.

Keep it up people....!!!! We may have a debate team in here.

The only names parents should be allowed to give their children are Ashley, Tyler, Logan, Madison and Dakota. These names all work equally well for boys and girls and there's no reason why they should have separate names. Restricting parents' creative control in naming their kids will eliminate the problems of teasing based on ridiculously old-fashioned names like Edward or Josephine. There is no need for people to have individuality, nor should it be immediately obvious whether they are male or female. Having a unisex name will be a complete advantage for every girl who wants to become an attorney or an astronaut. Likewise boys with unisex names won't have to worry about being picked on because they have girly names. Trendy names are always the best choices because they keep everyone on the same social level.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
guys with unisex "girly" names get picked on in school? gee i never would've guessed that :scratch:

Well, you know how Shirley and Jocelyn used to be male names? How many boys do you see with those names nowadays? That's why I don't like the whole unisex names idea ...

Back
Top Bottom