Operation Yellow Elephant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
As you all know, the US military is suffering a manpower crisis. Recruitment levels have fallen short of the stated goals; as a result, there is a critical shortage of volunteers who are willing to go to Iraq and take on those terrorists.

To help alleviate this military manpower crisis, Operation Yellow Elephant has been launched. Operation Yellow Elephant is a program designed to encourage Young Republicans to "step up to the plate" and volunteer for combat duty in Iraq. You
can read all about it at :-

http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/2005_06_12_patriotboy_archive.html#111898519280678378

Haha...that site is a riot!

Come on, Young Republicans, your country needs you!

Melon

Do you folks believe in the war on crime? Do you think that criminals like murderers and rapists ought to be hunted down and jailed? If so, why don't you do what I did for seven years - work for the police department? Come on, you say you believe in justice - prove it!

80sU2isBest said:
Do you folks believe in the war on crime? Do you think that criminals like murderers and rapists ought to be hunted down and jailed? If so, why don't you do what I did for seven years - work for the police department? Come on, you say you believe in justice - prove it!

Well speaking for myself, as a former fraud investigator I have worked with the police in numerous investigations to combat political corruption, financial crime, drug dealing and money laundering.

Anyway, never mind. :wink:

:lmao: I love it! I always say, if these young republican guys support the war so much, why don't they go fight in it? That always makes them at least stutter in a good argument :wink:

It didn't make me stutter. I always said exactly what I said earlier: If you believe in the war on crime, why don't you join the police department?

financeguy said:

Well speaking for myself, as a former fraud investigator I have worked with the police in numerous investigations to combat political corruption, financial crime, drug dealing and money laundering.

Anyway, never mind. :wink:

Good for you, but what about those who started Operation Yellow Elephant? You know the point i was making.

80sU2isBest said:
Good for you, but what about those who started Operation Yellow Elephant? You know the point i was making.

We don't have a shortage of policemen. On the other hand, we do have a shortage of funding for policemen a lot of the time, so they're not going to hire people they have no funding for.

Melon

Last edited:
yellophant.gif

right now

we are watching the

"dance of the chicken hawks"

most of this bunch of neo-cons running this administation

are gutless wonders

cheney, wovlerwits, perle, W all steered clear of any danger

and let folks, like, McCain, Max Cleland, Kerry lay their bodies on the line

Last edited:
80sU2isBest said:

Unfortunately the "war on crime" is all too often "the war on drugs" which I emphatically do not support, so I cannot in good conscience work for a police force. So there you go. :)

Sadly, I find no humor in it at all.

Must have lost it when three people I know died on 9/11.

Must have lost it when we burried a"Young Republican" who attended my church.

Must have lost it, when former students of mine enlisted this spring.

Must have lost it when the people I served with re-enlisted.

Sorry, the humor is lost on me.

More shit in this forum.

Dreadsox said:
Sadly, I find no humor in it at all.

Must have lost it when three people I know died on 9/11.

Must have lost it when we burried a"Young Republican" who attended my church.

Must have lost it, when former students of mine enlisted this spring.

Must have lost it when the people I served with re-enlisted.

Sorry, the humor is lost on me.

More shit in this forum.

And I must have lost whatever respect I had for the American military when I saw the photo in the Irish Times

of the 7 year old Iraqi girl with the blood on her face

and the look of terror

after seeing her parents murdered by American mercenaries

involved knowingly or otherwise

in an illegal war for oil and Israel

that was sold on a tissue of LIES

by the neo-cons and their apologists and their patsies

in business, the media and elswhere

because that Iraqi family was

IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME

so spare me the bullshit, the moral hypocrisy and the double standards

AND you can take your moral high ground, and you can shove it up your hole.

And as George Galloway said in his Victory speech, "Mr Blair, this is for IRAQ, for all the LIES you told, and all the people you murdered."

Up George Galloway

Up the Respect Party

Last edited:
financeguy said:

And I must have lost whatever respect I had for the American military when I saw the photo in the Irish Times

of the 7 year old Iraqi girl with the blood on her face

and the look of terror

after seeing her parents murdered by American mercenaries

involved knowingly or otherwise

in an illegal war for oil and Israel

that was sold on a tissue of LIES

by the neo-cons and their apologists and their patsies

in business, the media and elswhere

because that Iraqi family was

IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME

so spare me the bullshit, the moral hypocrisy and the double standards

AND you can take your moral high ground, and you can shove it up your hole.

All due respect.....

Show me another war in history where such care was taken to not hurt civilians.

All due respect....

The war was legal

All due respect.....

You are out of line.....with your personal comments

And yet another wonderful site that compares Republicans to Nazis with this lovely picture....

yr.jpg

Must be proud to have found such a site.

Personal comments? You called my thread shit, how did you expect me to react.

It's just a bit of satire, if you want to post a satire on liberals go ahead.

Given that your own political hero Richard Nixon accused Cheney of being a draft-dodger, I think satires like the one posted are fair and reasonable commentary, to be honest.

indra said:

Unfortunately the "war on crime" is all too often "the war on drugs" which I emphatically do not support, so I cannot in good conscience work for a police force. So there you go. :)
That's so crazy, it makes me want to vomit.

It is shit....

Its an opinion...and it is a far cry different than telling me to shove it up my hole.....

That is personal.....

Particularly after explaining how personally upsetting I find it....

But hey, its all good......moves me from the center to the right in my thinking.

Oh...and FYI....since you know me so well....from being in this forum..... Kennedy happens to be my favorite President and hero....His faults and all.

You said in another thread that Nixon was your favourite President. :scratch:

edit: No sorry, you said Nixon was "one of the greatest Presidents the world has ever known".

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:
And yet another wonderful site that compares Republicans to Nazis with this lovely picture....

yr.jpg

Must be proud to have found such a site.

It is indeed an odd phenomena that the same political party who supports a woman's right to have her baby ripped from the canal except its head and then have the skull crushed - all in those short hours leading up to the birth of the baby - would have the nerve to call anyone a Nazi.

80sU2isBest said:

It is indeed an odd phenomena that the same political party who supports a woman's right to have her baby ripped from the canal except its head and then have the skull crushed - all in those short hours leading up to the birth of the baby - would have the nerve to call anyone a Nazi.

:rolleyes:

It's just a satire, a bit of a laugh. It's a pity you some of you guys are taking it so seriously. As I said, post a satire on the Democrats and get your own back, if its funny but they take offense then I will happily join you in accusing them of lacking a sense of humour.

BonoVoxSupastar...

Rolling your eyes?

Where do the vast majority of partial-birth abortion supporters come from, Republican or Democratic? I am yet to hear of a single Republican that supports partial birth abortion.

And yet, people from the Deomcratic party have the nerve to imply that the Republicans are Nazis?

Give me a break.

80sU2isBest said:

That is just as fucking bad. You want to fucking well see what the Nazi's did then look at the death camps, visit a holocaust museum, talk to a survivor. An abortion is not on par with that, it is not a big deal.

Comparing people to Nazi's does a disservice to the victims of Nazism.

Last edited:
80sU2isBest said:
BonoVoxSupastar...

Rolling your eyes?

Yes and I will continue to roll my eyes when you bring up an argument that has nothing to do with this thread, it's completely out of context, and wouldn't make sense in any context especially when it's a fucking satire.

You've just single handedly destroyed any leg that Republicans had in this thread.

Last edited:
Republicans love to more than imply that liberals are unpatriotic or that they hate their country. And yet when the tables are turned, Republicans certainly don't know how to take what they dish out.

If you all hate the tone of the rhetoric in this nation, just remember all the political campaigns of the 1980s and the mudslinging and name-calling that got Reagan and Bush, Sr. elected.

Melon

A,

For your info, I wasn't calling the Democrats Nazis. I simply said that the Democrats have some nerve calling the Republicans Nazis when they are the party that supports the murderous crime of partial birth abortion.

I have spoken with a holocaust survivor. I went to a college lecture by a holocaust survivor. I spoke with him afterward and he signed my book.

I am not comparing the two at all. The holocaust was horrible hell.

But so is abortion. Hundreds of thousands of babies are slaughtered every year. And partial-birth abortion is the worst that abortion has to offer. It is so horrendous that even the AMA has spoken against it and said that there is never a reason for it.

How can you say partial birth abortion is no big deal? How can you say that ripping a baby's body from the birth canal just before it is born and then crushing its skull while it is still in the canal is no big deal?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom