Operation Yellow Elephant - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Rono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 6,163
Local Time: 01:23 PM
yes, i do think your system is failing ( exept if you have shares in prison companies )
__________________

__________________
Rono is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 02:35 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
yes, i do think your system is failing ( exept if you have shares in prison companies )
Rono, the cops are putting the bad guys in jail. That's not the problem.

The problem is that the Judges let them out.
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #63
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


Rono, the cops are putting the bad guys in jail. That's not the problem.

The problem is that the Judges let them out.
This is a very narrow view of the problem. The problem is much more complicated than this. The whole system needs to be modified from the cops to the lawyers to the judges to the prisons etc.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-20-2005, 02:54 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 07:23 AM
BVS, are there bad cops? Yes. But most are good people who want to help people. I worked alongside such men and women for 7 years.

In most cities, the police are severely hindered by insufficient budgets and not enough manpower; Who wants to put their lives at risk for $40K?
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 03:00 PM   #65
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
BVS, are there bad cops? Yes. But most are good people who want to help people. I worked alongside such men and women for 7 years.

In most cities, the police are severely hindered by insufficient budgets and not enough manpower; Who wants to put their lives at risk for $40K?
I agree but this has nothing to do with the comment you made earlier. I have relatives that are cops, so I know about the brave and amazing people that exist and I also know about the corruption.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #66
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 04:23 AM
We're still avoiding the topic of this thread.

Well, at least some of us are.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 03:24 PM   #67
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Funnier still is it is a volunteer organization. Nobody can take thier child and grandchild and "pony them up".
But Dread, why aren't the gung-ho, pro-war, eligible Republican kids signing up in droves to fight the war they so proudly support on their car bumpers?
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 03:29 PM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha


But Dread, why aren't the gung-ho, pro-war, eligible Republican kids signing up in droves to fight the war they so proudly support on their car bumpers?
I am curious...What statistical evidence is there that they are not? Does it have to be children of the republican congressman and senators?

I know of no Republicans here in my area that are gung-ho about war.

I can only speak from my experience which is that I have former students who are republicans that have enlisted.

I have friends who are republicans who have re-enlisted.

I have burried a kid from my church and school system who was a Republican.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just do not understand how if you are a Republican you are labeled gung-ho about war. I know of nobody who would fit this characterization.

As Melon said, there is a difference between MA republicans and the rest of the nation. Maybe that is why I do not get it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You on VACATION yet?

Tomorrow school closes here.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 03:47 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox


I am curious...What statistical evidence is there that they are not? Does it have to be children of the republican congressman and senators?

I know of no Republicans here in my area that are gung-ho about war.

I can only speak from my experience which is that I have former students who are republicans that have enlisted.

I have friends who are republicans who have re-enlisted.

I have burried a kid from my church and school system who was a Republican.


I just do not understand how if you are a Republican you are labeled gung-ho about war. I know of nobody who would fit this characterization.

I agree. I don't even think that "supporting the war" necessarily equals "gung-ho". I support certain wars because I felt that they were necessary, but I hate war. Sometimes it is a necessity.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


This is a very narrow view of the problem. The problem is much more complicated than this. The whole system needs to be modified from the cops to the lawyers to the judges to the prisons etc.
I do have a question for me. Why did you decide to say this to me rather than to Rono when he said:

"It is not the cops, but it is the way you fight. When i did visit dallas i traveled to a friend of ABEL and i did see a police staiton. Her friend told me, we have a little police station here and i went There where more police cars there then on my province here. I did some research about crime figures and let me tell you,...you can keep your law system and cops."
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 03:56 PM   #71
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

You on VACATION yet?

Tomorrow school closes here.
Watch the sig.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #72
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


I do have a question for me. Why did you decide to say this to me rather than to Rono when he said:

"...you can keep your law system and cops."
Because I understand his frustration with the system. He didn't put the blame on one paticular group.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-20-2005, 06:08 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Because I understand his frustration with the system. He didn't put the blame on one paticular group.
If that's the criteria you go by, then keep a watch out for him. he has a habit of putting the blame for everything on America.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 06:49 PM   #74
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


If that's the criteria you go by, then keep a watch out for him. he has a habit of putting the blame for everything on America.
I'm well aware of his posts, I'm also well aware of your sometimes passive agressive attacks.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-20-2005, 07:05 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha


But Dread, why aren't the gung-ho, pro-war, eligible Republican kids signing up in droves to fight the war they so proudly support on their car bumpers?
The ones I know did. One got busted up by a bomb full of shrapnel and yet wanted nothing more than to go BACK.

I'm w/ Dread on this one....this whole arguement seems pretty lame. I guess it's just not possible to be a healthy, level-headed young Republican, or at least impossible to be viewed as such. Why does everything have to be so extreme? I support animal rights, but I don't adopt every stray cat I see and nobody would say I wasn't genuine b/c I didn't. I felt depressed and saddened after the tsunami, but I didn't sell everything I owned and end my life as I know it in order to donate to the Red Cross and still the sorrow I feel is real and the little amount I CAN donate is real. So why does someone have to join the military just to prove they support the war? (note: I do not support this war)
__________________

__________________
Liesje is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com