Operation Yellow Elephant - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2005, 09:45 AM   #46
She's the One

Local Time: 05:35 PM

We need new arguments in here.

Or at least sticking to the original topic.

Which was chicken-shit Republican youth.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:44 AM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Draft Jenna and Barbara!

(it's not like they're employed or anything ... they're just drinking up a storm at the Blue Gin or Smith's Point in Georgetown)

Old 06-20-2005, 10:47 AM   #48
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

We need new arguments in here.

Or at least sticking to the original topic.

Which was chicken-shit Republican youth.

Funny, isn't it, how the wealthy Republican youth stand up for this war, while the segments of the military most responsible for fighting this war are largely composed of poor and working-class young recruits.

Funny how these American Republicans insisted so hard-core that we have this war, so to speak, and meanwhile high schoolers are being recruited out of the Highlands of Scotland (unemployment, remote geography...sound familiar?) to go fight the war that rich, politically connected Americans wanted so badly.

Funny how, out of a legislative body of over 500 of the country's "best and brightest," only one (to my knowledge) has a child fighting the so-called "War on Terror"--less than one-fifth of one percent.

Funny how, in the midst of this "War on Terror" wherein humanpower (I say this because women are at the front lines of this war like never before) is at such a premium, those same bastards are responsible for the discharge of highly skilled soldiers and linguists on the basis of sexuality--a sexuality that involved consenting adults engaged in private, legal activities.

And funnier still, indeed, that in the midst of this humanpower crisis, the people who wanted this war so fucking badly won't pony up their children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, friends...or selves.

Funny, isn't it?

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:14 PM   #49
She's the One

Local Time: 05:35 PM

Pax, you've made many good points.

Let's talk about abortion instead.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:17 PM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:35 AM
Well said, Pax.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by pax

Funny, isn't it, how the wealthy Republican youth stand up for this war, while the segments of the military most responsible for fighting this war are largely composed of poor and working-class young recruits.

Funny how these American Republicans insisted so hard-core that we have this war, so to speak, and meanwhile high schoolers are being recruited out of the Highlands of Scotland (unemployment, remote geography...sound familiar?) to go fight the war that rich, politically connected Americans wanted so badly.

Funny how, out of a legislative body of over 500 of the country's "best and brightest," only one (to my knowledge) has a child fighting the so-called "War on Terror"--less than one-fifth of one percent.

Funny how, in the midst of this "War on Terror" wherein humanpower (I say this because women are at the front lines of this war like never before) is at such a premium, those same bastards are responsible for the discharge of highly skilled soldiers and linguists on the basis of sexuality--a sexuality that involved consenting adults engaged in private, legal activities.

And funnier still, indeed, that in the midst of this humanpower crisis, the people who wanted this war so fucking badly won't pony up their children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, friends...or selves.

Funny, isn't it?
Funny....how the military voted for Bush. These poor working class people voted Republican. They must not know what is good for them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funnier still is it is a volunteer organization. Nobody can take thier child and grandchild and "pony them up".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the only point I agree with is the Gay soldiers. They should be allowed to serve openly.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:37 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Funny....how the military voted for Bush. These poor working class people voted Republican. They must not know what is good for them.

a spoonful of patriotism makes it easier for the working classes to die for the business interests of the elite.

driving through northwestern massachusettes, i am always taken by just how many Army/Navy recruitment billboards i see in economically downtrodded (to put it nicely) North Adams, and yet the signs all but stop when one arrives in Williamstown.

same with the Native American reservations i drove through in New Mexico.

could it be that the maintenance of an elite class of people is predicated upon the maintenance of a permanent underclass? could it be that our near-jingoistic patriotism (at times) and the pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps mantra is little more than a tool to keep taxes low, the military full, and the class system increasingly ossified?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

So let me get this straight...

you did not look me up while in MA?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
So let me get this straight...

you did not look me up while in MA?

i thought you were out on the Cape?

sorry, had my grandmother to visit outside boston and a college reunion to attend.

i miss new england.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:44 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

I was in Boston Friday and Sat.

I am near the cape....south shore....I can be in Boston in less than an hour.

Shite...I drove well over an hour to meet Diamond.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:03 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
Do you folks believe in the war on crime? Do you think that criminals like murderers and rapists ought to be hunted down and jailed? If so, why don't you do what I did for seven years - work for the police department? Come on, you say you believe in justice - prove it!
Now you are mention it,...that war is not very succesfull either.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:11 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
Now you are mention it,...that war is not very succesfull either.
Where would you be without cops, Rono?
Old 06-20-2005, 02:11 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Never bite the hand that feeds you ?
Old 06-20-2005, 02:15 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Where would you be without cops, Rono?
It is not the cops, but it is the way you fight. When i did visit dallas i traveled to a friend of ABEL and i did see a police staiton. Her friend told me, we have a little police station here and i went There where more police cars there then on my province here. I did some research about crime figures and let me tell you,...you can keep your law system and cops.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:19 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
It is not the cops, but it is the way you fight. When i did visit dallas i traveled to a friend of ABEL and i did see a police staiton. Her friend told me, we have a little police station here and i went There where more police cars there then on my province here. I did some research about crime figures and let me tell you,...you can keep your law system and cops.
oh so you looked at some figures and have now decided that the police aren't doing their jobs well.

Must be great to obtain so much knowledge so easily.