Oops, forgot to check my own eye first

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
After trying to make an issue of Alito's membership in CAP (Concerned Alumni of Princeton), Ted Kennedy realized he was arguing with dirty hands.

Ted K. to quit club that bans women

U.S. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy — who ripped Supreme Court nominee Samuel Alito for ties to a group that discriminates against women — says he’s going to quit a club notorious for discriminating against women “as fast as I can.”

Kennedy was outed by conservatives late last week as a current member of The Owl Club, a social club for Harvard alumni that bans women from membership.

In an interview with WHDH Channel 7’s Andy Hiller that aired last night, Kennedy said, “I joined when I . . . 52 years ago, I was a member of the Owl Club, which was basically a fraternal organization.”

They love to play the blame game on people and critzize them, yet look at Mr.Kennedy. Hypocrit!

He has decided to be taken off their rolls, believing that it is a mistake to continue to be affiliated," Melissa Wagoner, Kennedy spokeswoman, said in a statement.

''There is absolutely nothing in common between this social club and an organization like CAP that was established to push a political agenda to prohibit women and minorities from attending Princeton," Wagoner said. ''No one can question Senator Kennedy's lifelong commitment to fighting for civil rights, equality, and justice."

Lifelong commitment = free pass for whatever I did wrong.

At the end of the day, Kennedy probably stayed connected to this group for the free single malt. I hope it underscored the lesson regarding tenuous charges to derail a nomination process.

Back
Top Bottom