ongoing mass shootings thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how anyone can possibly make the argument that somebody on the no fly list should have their second amendment rights protected with a straight face.

Actually it's not only easy but consistent for them to do so.

If you believe that the 2nd amendment confers an absolute right to bear arms and that there should be no curtailment of rights (reasonable or otherwise), then this is the result. And this is what the die hards believe. It may be an unintended consequence that a jihadist gets to buy a gun with ease, but they'll live with it so long as they get to keep their guns and ammo.

The apartment was where most of the pipe bombs seem to have been put together, some of which were left at the crime scenes.

Details out this afternoon that the pipe bombs were specifically set to go off when law enforcement and medical personnel arrived on scene. Luckily for whatever reason they didn't explode. Still a sober reminder for first responders. :|

Actually it's not only easy but consistent for them to do so.

If you believe that the 2nd amendment confers an absolute right to bear arms and that there should be no curtailment of rights (reasonable or otherwise), then this is the result. And this is what the die hards believe. It may be an unintended consequence that a jihadist gets to buy a gun with ease, but they'll live with it so long as they get to keep their guns and ammo.

But they also want to restrict Muslims from entering the country. Last I checked freedom of religion was pretty high on the list. As is illegal search and seizure. Also things that the exact same people are okay with bending in the name of national security.

But something that can actually kill massive amounts of people in a short amount of time? That's cool.

So again... these fuckwads have absolutely zero argument, because they can not stand by their "it's in the bill of rights" bullshit because they're already okay with bending other things in the bill of rights. It's absurdity it it's absolute height.

i read an article in the news this morning - it said there's been 90,000 gun deaths in the US in the 3 years since Sandy Hook - is that right? :ohmy:

I'm more worried about all the on-the-fence GOP culture warriors he radicalised this week. Or, to be fair, tipped that little inch closer to whatever the edge is.

Trump isn't a culture warrior in the traditional Americansense. He doesn't talk about baby-killlin' or gays marryin' or sluts fuckin' on his dime (employee subsidized birth control).

He's actually closer to a European right winger than.

It's what I was getting at in the other thread about being terrified of things coming to a head.

I do not get how, just a few short years after something as horrific as Sandy Hook, there are people out there who think this shit is actually a good idea.

Would that we could make everyone who approves of stuff like this meet up with the families of everyone who lost somebody to gun violence.

I believe it. There's been over 1 million gun deaths since John Lennon was shot.

Using numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we found that from 2001 to 2013, 406,496 people died by firearms on U.S. soil. (2013 is the most recent year CDC data for deaths by firearms is available.) This data covered all manners of death, including homicide, accident and suicide.

American deaths in terrorism vs. gun violence - CNN.com

So does anything ever get done? I mean we're a few weeks removed and the discussion seems to be over. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I assume you want nothing but the finest, most qualified candidates for the security. Vetted and thorough background checks

You know, like maybe the same we should have for citizens who wish to buy a gun

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom