ongoing mass shootings thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listening to the SBPD scanner. One in custody. An officer called in a Swat team to another address, but did not divulge it on the scanner.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm listening to the SBPD scanner. One in custody. An officer called in a Swat team to another address, but did not divulge it on the scanner.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app
A CNN producer said he heard the Cornerstone Assembly of God on the police scanner.

Yeah, I am watching the ABC news 7 copter footage. The camera man did a good shot (sort of) of showing an assault rifle in the street next to the dead body, but covered by a tree. Supposedly they accidentally showed the body. They had one suspect on the ground who was wearing a vest of some sort. There's a good possibility these are the guys. But they're really stupid to go back to the area of the crime if they are.

Yeah I saw the body before they made an effort to cover it up (they had just settled into a shot on that street so they probably just didn't know what was going on yet). A large pool of blood around the head area and a rifle by the feet of the body. It was across the street from the SUV.

This really smells like either a cartel type hit, or ISIS.

In regards to ISIS, it may be more of group of people who support the group than actual members (not that there's a members card or something).

But the goal is to create fear.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Someone from Department of Public Health could have been targeted? The news copter guy is speculating that one of the deceased suspects is a female as he thought he saw a red bra when the shirt was pulled up.

Police confirmed that the two suspects that are dead one is a male and one is a female. Dressed in assault clothing and assault rifles and handguns.

I don't know why I'm actually watching the news on this. Just more guessing. My local news (they've been on the air live with this since at least 4:00) just stated there's a possibility of it being gang related.

But I don't think the press conference that just ended alluded to that ... fuck, I'm not going to assume anything at this point.

Merry fucking Christmas.

I just do not get how people can look at these sorts of stories and STILL insist, with a straight face, that we need more guns, and continue to cling to their misinterpretation of the Second Amendment and claim that they have the right to own whatever sorts of guns they want without any regulation.

People are dying. We need to get our damn priorities in order.

It's definitely starting to sound like this has a disgruntled-former-employee slant.

I just do not get how people can look at these sorts of stories and STILL insist, with a straight face, that we need more guns, and continue to cling to their misinterpretation of the Second Amendment and claim that they have the right to own whatever sorts of guns they want without any regulation.

People are dying. We need to get our damn priorities in order.

Surely the best proof against the "we need more guns!" argument is that these mass shootings are occurring with alarming regularity in a country with lax gun laws, not in the countries with strict gun control.

"Good people with guns" don't save people from mass shooters. Making it really fucking hard for anybody to get guns saves people from mass shooters.

Would you feel safer working in an environment that allows people to conceal carry? I wouldn't. I read the usual comments such as "if someone had a gun the shooters would not have gotten away" etc. But the problem is a place like Inland Regional Center is a state funded agency. State funded agencies I'm pretty sure don't allow for conceal carry or any weapons on their employees for that matter. Plus it's a social service agency. It's just crazy.

The only alarming thing I saw was an interview with a security guard that works for the security company that IRC contracts to provide security.. and he stated they do not carry guns and they never received active shooter training. So yeah.

Would you feel safer working in an environment that allows people to conceal carry? I wouldn't. I read the usual comments such as "if someone had a gun the shooters would not have gotten away" etc. But the problem is a place like Inland Regional Center is a state funded agency. State funded agencies I'm pretty sure don't allow for conceal carry or any weapons on their employees for that matter. Plus it's a social service agency. It's just crazy.

And people just ignore when these things still happen despite people being on the scene with concealed carry weapons, anyways.

Honestly armed citizens probably would not be a good match for 3 armed suspects wearing protective armor and armed with assault rifles.

Honestly armed citizens probably would not be a good match for 3 armed suspects wearing protective armor and armed with assault rifles.

It's long since been established that in a chaotic situation such as this, people can have difficulty identifying culprits. A "good person with a gun" is by no means likely to take out the right person (or even if they have correctly identified the right person, to be able to disable them under such pressure), and once you have two sides firing, how is it even clear to other people - including other "good people with guns" - which side is the "good" one? It's an idiotic argument. We have people trained and employed to handle unusual, high pressure situations like this for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom