ongoing mass shootings thread - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2016, 05:24 AM   #841
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:19 PM
Re: gloating trump

Honestly, this might be the first time he has tried to pull a stunt and not even his supporters are impressed.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:39 AM   #842
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
The terror attack in Orlando wasn't the United States' only massacre over the weekend: Authorities in New Mexico say they believe a man named Juan David Villegas-Hernandez shot and killed his wife and their four daughters in the city of Roswell on Saturday.

From the AP:
A relative who went to check on the family late Saturday discovered the bodies, police spokesman Todd Wildermuth said. Officers responded and found all five had suffered gunshot wounds.

Villegas-Hernandez is still at large. The daughters were 14, 11, 7 and 3 years old.
Damned Islamic terror strikes again.

Wait, what? It's not Islamic terror? Could there possibly be two separate issues of guns and terrorism, both of which need to be dealt with, but one of which makes it easier for the other to happen?

Nah. Fuck that shit. Couldn't be.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:47 AM   #843
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Damned Islamic terror strikes again.

Wait, what? It's not Islamic terror? Could there possibly be two separate issues of guns and terrorism, both of which need to be sealed with, but one of which makes it easier for the other to happen?

Nah. Fuck that shit. Couldn't be.
but dude.. if his wife and kids had guns they could've totally prevented this by shooting the husband!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 06-13-2016, 06:47 AM   #844
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Re: gloating trump

Honestly, this might be the first time he has tried to pull a stunt and not even his supporters are impressed.
Good, maybe that'll allow for some sort of situation that'll finally get him the hell out of this presidential race.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:58 AM   #845
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Do I even want to know what Trump said, or shall I spare myself the heightened blood pressure?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-13-2016, 07:08 AM   #846
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
And now Ted Cruz weighs in with his thoughts:

https://amp.businessinsider.com/ted-...hooting-2016-6

So, to recap: Democrats have to acknowledge this is the result of an evil ideology, but Republicans don't have to acknowledge the ease with which this creep was able to get guns in this country.

And Democrats have to acknowledge that Islam has a violent attitude towards gay people, but Republicans don't have to admit their own role in fostering anti-LGBT sentiment in this country at all (they're not advocating murder, no, but they're sure fighting hard to try and restrict their civil rights as much as they possibly can, and claiming LGBT people are a "threat" to "traditional Judeo-Christian values"!).

Mmkay. Sure. That's fair.

(I know, I know. Fuck Ted Cruz.)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 06-13-2016, 07:13 AM   #847
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Wait, what? It's not Islamic terror? Could there possibly be two separate issues of guns and terrorism, both of which need to be sealed with, but one of which makes it easier for the other to happen?
I guess people's biases should not surprise me and yet I'm surprised at how one-sided so many people have been. It's either a hate crime with no terrorist angle or it's Muhammad who hates us. Like the two must be mutually exclusive.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:24 AM   #848
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I just want to know where people are getting the idea that Obama, or liberals/Democrats, haven't acknowledged that there are violent Muslims out there, or Muslim terrorists.extremists. Of course there are. Nobody has denied that for a second.

All we're saying is that we shouldn't hate or blame ALL Muslims for the actions of extremists. All we're saying is that MOST Muslims are quiet, peaceful people who are just as horrified by these events as anyone else, and do not agree with or support the more extreme and bigoted elements of their faith at all.

We can fight ISIS and their allies, and acknowledge the more horrific and violent elements of the Islamic faith, without hating on all Muslims, or trying to bar any of them from entering the U.S. (and doing that certainly won't stop the shooters who were born and raised here, after all, like, y'know, this particular guy was, but whatever) or things of that sort.

Seriously. It's not that hard a distinction to make.

Also, Axver, to answer your question: if I were you, I"d spare myself.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #849
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:19 AM
Well, Trump just insinuated Obama has ties to terrorism on Fox News so there's that.

Fuck Donald Trump.

And Fuck Ted Cruz.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:05 AM   #850
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Do I even want to know what Trump said, or shall I spare myself the heightened blood pressure?
He wants us to congratulate him that he was right in wanting to ban muslims from entering the states, or something like that. Was in the morning paper so don't haven an English source.

So basically we should congratulate him on the death of 50 people to prove his moronic point...
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 06-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #851
you are what you is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
He wants us to congratulate him that he was right in wanting to ban muslims from entering the states, or something like that. Was in the morning paper so don't haven an English source.

So basically we should congratulate him on the death of 50 people to prove his moronic point...
And since the attacker was born in the USA, a false moronic point to boot.
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #852
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
But he's not white so he's a foreigner, therefore he knows his base won't blink an eye.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:31 AM   #853
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
I heard him stumble around that this morning when asked and though he was incoherent as always I *think* his theory is that these Muslims coming in are bringing with them their jihad and introducing it to American-born Muslims? Presumably he's not heard of the internet?
Old 06-13-2016, 09:45 AM   #854
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:19 AM
ISIS is scary in that they target disenfranchised youth, and radicalize them. They use the trappings of Islam but it's more about death cult.

And yes, this is both an an act of Islamic terrorism and a hate crime.
Trump also said he wouldn't push for a ban on assault weapons because there are too many out there. But hey, deporting 11 million immigrants, no problem.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 06-13-2016, 10:13 AM   #855
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Ok, this is an honest question. I admit I haven't read an abundance of articles on this event, but what I have read is that he apparently made a 911 call claiming ISIS and apparently he was on a watch list in the past, but has there been anything truly linking him to ISIS training or being involved in any ISIS organization?

Does claiming 'this is for ISIS' enough to define this as Islamic terrorism, or should there be organization of some kind in order to qualify this?