ongoing mass shootings thread - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #376
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
I wish there was a easier way to stop this.
The real shame here is that there is an easy way to drastically reduce it. Painfully easy, and a way that does not threaten anyone's liberty or take away their rights. Get rid of the lobbying arm of the NRA and there wouldn't be an "ongoing mass shootings thread" on this or any US-based forum.

It's mind boggling that one side of this debate has essentially looked at all these tragedies and the alarming rate at which they occur and said "this is acceptable collateral damage for our cause."

Old 10-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #377
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:17 AM
A cause that is so incredibly stupid and unnecessary.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #378
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Yeah, no need to be sorry, Cori. You have every right to yell that. Fuck these gun nuts, indeed. They're complete and total morons, and something needs to be done to push back against their BS rhetoric. Anyone in Roseburg protesting Obama's visit...just...ugh. How the recent shooting wasn't a reality check for them, I don't know.

Also, regarding Ben Carson, he's a massive dumbass and he really needs to just stop talking.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:47 PM   #379
Blue Crack Distributor

Edit: never mind.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:40 PM   #380
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
The real shame here is that there is an easy way to drastically reduce it. Painfully easy, and a way that does not threaten anyone's liberty or take away their rights. Get rid of the lobbying arm of the NRA and there wouldn't be an "ongoing mass shootings thread" on this or any US-based forum.

It's mind boggling that one side of this debate has essentially looked at all these tragedies and the alarming rate at which they occur and said "this is acceptable collateral damage for our cause."

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 10-10-2015, 06:07 AM   #381
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post

Mind boggling indeed.. just can't wrap my head around that some people are totally okay with all this..
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 10-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #382
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
We need black and Muslim groups to get together and start celebrating their right to open carry in those states which allow it.

I bet we'd get some folks supporting gun control then.

someone said this in jest on another site, but there's got to be some truth to it. Didn't the right wingers freak out in the 60s or 70s when the Black Panthers celebrated their open carry rights?
I think you're on to something.

It's about time America got the black gay Muslim aborted fetus in favor of gun rights hero we deserve.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #383
Blue Crack Distributor

My next band will be named Armed Fetus.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #384
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Mind boggling indeed.. just can't wrap my head around that some people are totally okay with all this..
It really is. When you read some opinions of people on the internet, it seems that most Americans are also baffled as to why nothing is changing. I think Irvine also linked some articles that say most Americans are in favor of at least some regulation?

How can something which a fairly large portion of the population supports, not happen? The money involved in American politics seems the biggest problem to me. It's unbelievable how much influence the private sector has.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #385
Blue Crack Addict

We could get a citizen's united case next year

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...009-story.html
Old 10-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #386
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsgov View Post
It really is. When you read some opinions of people on the internet, it seems that most Americans are also baffled as to why nothing is changing. I think Irvine also linked some articles that say most Americans are in favor of at least some regulation?

How can something which a fairly large portion of the population supports, not happen? The money involved in American politics seems the biggest problem to me. It's unbelievable how much influence the private sector has.

The NRA is an incredibly powerful lobby group.

They hold us all hostage.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #387
Blue Crack Distributor

Go fuck yourself, you fucking appalling, dangerous idiot.

NRA's Ted Nugent Calls Unarmed Victims Of Gun Violence "Losers" | Blog | Media Matters for America
Old 10-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #388
Blue Crack Addict

We could have some movement on gun laws next year

Quote:
Gun rights advocates are urging the Supreme Court to strike down a local Chicago ordinance prohibiting semiautomatic "assault weapons" that can carry more than 10 rounds.

The justices on Friday were to consider the appeal in Friedman vs. City of Highland Park. If they refuse to hear the appeal, the announcement could come as early as Tuesday morning. Such a decision would signal that cities have the authority to restrict high-powered weapons.

But if the justices vote to take up the case, it would put in doubt the constitutionality of laws in other places, including California, that prohibit semiautomatic weapons.

"These are some of the most popular firearms commonly used by law-abiding citizens in America," said David H. Thompson, a lawyer for the Illinois gun owners who are challenging the assault weapons ban adopted in the North Shore Chicago suburb of Highland Park.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:29 PM   #389
Blue Crack Distributor

How anyone could fight gun restrictions in Chicago, is beyond me.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #390
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Jesus Christ.