One year from today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
A new President will be inaugurated, and the world will finally be rid of George W. Bush.

Start the countdown...365! :hyper:

I feel that W will definitely have an historic place in the US presidential legacy. He is the first president who was a known former cocaine addict. And, gosh darn it, that's something to be proud of.

DaveC said:
A new President will be inaugurated, and the world will finally be rid of George W. Bush.

It will be a sad day indeed. :sad:

However, "the world will finally be rid of George W. Bush" isn't a true statement. I'm pretty sure he'll still be alive.

Re: Re: One year from today...

2861U2 said:

However, "the world will finally be rid of George W. Bush" isn't a true statement. I'm pretty sure he'll still be alive.

But no one will have to listen to him, therefore: A Glorious Day for all!!!

And writers for late night talk shows will have to work a little harder, Bush made their job way too easy for the last 7 years.

2861U2 said:

He will no longer be President George W. Bush. He will then be Former President George W. Bush.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Like who, has anyone running admitted to addiction?:|

Hey that black guy prob dealt at some point, right?

2861U2 said:

It will be a sad day indeed. :sad:

Gaining back the respect of the rest of the nations on the planet, perhaps reducing the number of people your age who are dying and getting maimed for no good reason, limiting the impact of our own terrorist policies on the young people in the Middle East, recovering form the staggering debt the war has put us into, reprioritizing spending so children here in the US can eat and have healthcare. A sad day indeed. :sad:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Like who, has anyone running admitted to addiction?:|

"I had learned not to care," he wrote. "I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it."

-Senator Barack Obama

That's not addiction. Sure, he experiemented, but experimentation does NOT equal addiction.

Sure, it can lead to addiction, but that is not the case with Obama.

With Bush, 30 or so years ago he was addicted, not experimenting.

Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

2861U2 said:
It hurts just to read those words.

It hurts me to think that I couldn't use them for the past three years.

2861U2 said:

"I had learned not to care," he wrote. "I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it."

-Senator Barack Obama

You have to be smart enough to know the difference between dabbling and addiction.

I don't care one bit what a president has done in the past, but addiction is lifelong. I don't care how long you've been recovering, an addict is an addict and doesn't belong in the White House.

2861U2 - So wait, it's OK to forgive Bush for his drug use, and be sad when he leaves office, but you can't tolerate another who used drugs at one point?

2861U2 said:

Yes, but is it really that much better?

There's a huge difference.

The age thing is a difference, too. Wasn't Obama in his teens and Bush in his 30's?

coemgen said:
2861U2 - So wait, it's OK to forgive Bush for his drug use, and be sad when he leaves office, but you can't tolerate another who used drugs at one point?

No, I personally don't care what Obama has done. But the comment that was made implied joy that a drug user was leaving office. And who does everyone here seem to want in office next? A drug user.

Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

martha said:

Gaining back the respect of the rest of the nations on the planet, perhaps reducing the number of people your age who are dying and getting maimed for no good reason, limiting the impact of our own terrorist policies on the young people in the Middle East, recovering form the staggering debt the war has put us into, reprioritizing spending so children here in the US can eat and have healthcare. A sad day indeed. :sad:

Well I could make the argument that (unless the right person gets elected) our troops abandon the Iraqi people to get slaughtered, a vacuum is created that will be filled by Iran, Al-Qaeda declares to the world that they beat the United States, taxes and spending go out of control, small businesses are unable to grow, the federal government expands even larger than it is now, and so on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the thermostat in my house becomes the property of the government.

Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

2861U2 said:
Well I could make the argument that (unless the right person gets elected) our troops abandon the Iraqi people to get slaughtered, a vacuum is created that will be filled by Iran, Al-Qaeda declares to the world that they beat the United States, taxes and spending go out of control, small businesses are unable to grow, the federal government expands even larger than it is now, and so on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the thermostat in my house becomes the property of the government.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom