One year from today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

2861U2 said:

Well I could make the argument that (unless the right person gets elected) our troops abandon the Iraqi people to get slaughtered, a vacuum is created that will be filled by Iran, Al-Qaeda declares to the world that they beat the United States, taxes and spending go out of control, small businesses are unable to grow, the federal government expands even larger than it is now, and so on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the thermostat in my house becomes the property of the government.

If we didn't go into Iraq, Iran couldn't fill any vaccuum. Who the heck cares what Al-Qaeda declares. Spending is already out of control. Small businesses are already unable to grow because of a crap economy and a love for big business.

Re: Re: One year from today...

2861U2 said:

It will be a sad day indeed. :sad:

just curious, in case you were serious, is there anything on earth that bush could have done that he hasn't, to make you change your mind about him?

i feel like throwing up when i see him on tv or read about him online.

Re: Re: One year from today...

snowbunny00774 said:
How about you stop spreading lies Dave...hmm?

Hold the phone, guys.

I'm calling Snow on the carpet right here.

What's this about Dave and lies?

Explain yourself. In detail.

2861U2 said:

Well I could make the argument that (unless the right person gets elected) our troops abandon the Iraqi people to get slaughtered, a vacuum is created that will be filled by Iran, Al-Qaeda declares to the world that they beat the United States, taxes and spending go out of control, small businesses are unable to grow, the federal government expands even larger than it is now, and so on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the thermostat in my house becomes the property of the government.

Does Rush Limbaugh live behind the curtain while Bush looks for a brain in this altered reality you live in?

Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

phillyfan26 said:

Hold the phone, guys.

I'm calling Snow on the carpet right here.

What's this about Dave and lies?

Explain yourself. In detail.

How can you take such factually incorrect thread seriously. This is one of the reasons I never venture into FYM.

Year 2008 is a leap year, with 29 days in February, ergo 366 days till a new president takes office.

you guys would listen to anything as long as it slams bush, fools, i'm done with this forum.

DaveC said:
One year from today...

A new President will be inaugurated, and the world will finally be rid of George W. Bush.

Start the countdown...365! :hyper:

One year from today...

is correct.

Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

Zoomerang96 said:

just curious, in case you were serious, is there anything on earth that bush could have done that he hasn't, to make you change your mind about him?

Yes.

I don't agree with him on every single thing. I certainly don't give him a 100/100, if that's what you're asking.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Does Rush Limbaugh live behind the curtain while Bush looks for a brain in this altered reality you live in?

How is any of what I said false?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

2861U2 said:

How is any of what I said false?

"Well I could make the argument that (unless the right person gets elected) our troops abandon the Iraqi people to get slaughtered, a vacuum is created that will be filled by Iran, Al-Qaeda declares to the world that they beat the United States, taxes and spending go out of control, small businesses are unable to grow, the federal government expands even larger than it is now, and so on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the thermostat in my house becomes the property of the government. "

If you know anything about economics you would know your saviour Bush is one of the worse SPENDING presidents we've had. What has Bush done for small business? I could tell you what he's done for some major corporations though... Bush has also expanded the federal government more than anyone in recent administrations. You may want to take a look at reality, and not conservative talking points, for most of those are no longer really Republican talking points anymore, the neo-cons made sure of that.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Bush is one of the worse SPENDING presidents we've had.

Yes, I'm aware, and that's not good. However, this new Congress has done quite a bit of that too.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
What has Bush done for small business?

By cutting taxes, allowing small business to grow. He's done a lot more than Hillary or Obama will do. They can say goodbye to their tax cuts if one of them gets elected.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Bush has also expanded the federal government more than anyone in recent administrations.

Yes, I'm aware, and with the exception of the DHS, it isn't good. Again, a Democrat will only expand it even more.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
You may want to take a look at reality, and not conservative talking points

I do look at reality. And please don't call Bush my savior.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

"Well I could make the argument that (unless the right person gets elected) our troops abandon the Iraqi people to get slaughtered, a vacuum is created that will be filled by Iran, Al-Qaeda declares to the world that they beat the United States, taxes and spending go out of control, small businesses are unable to grow, the federal government expands even larger than it is now, and so on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the thermostat in my house becomes the property of the government. "

If you know anything about economics you would know your saviour Bush is one of the worse SPENDING presidents we've had. What has Bush done for small business? I could tell you what he's done for some major corporations though... Bush has also expanded the federal government more than anyone in recent administrations. You may want to take a look at reality, and not conservative talking points, for most of those are no longer really Republican talking points anymore, the neo-cons made sure of that.

Bush is essentially a corporatist/statist, and in that respect more 'left-wing' that most Democrats.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

2861U2 said:

By cutting taxes, allowing small business to grow. He's done a lot more than Hillary or Obama will do. They can say goodbye to their tax cuts if one of them gets elected.

:lol: You don't make tax cuts when you are deficit spending it just doesn't make sense.

If you want your wall, wars, and everything else you need money to pay for it, don't support these things if you aren't willing to pay for them.:|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

2861U2 said:

I do look at reality.

I don't know if you do. You keep making the arguments of old, but these things like small government, economically conservative, etc these things are no longer part of your party.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

If you want your wall, wars, and everything else you need money to pay for it, don't support these things if you aren't willing to pay for them.:|

Believe it or not, I don't mind paying for this war. It's the Woodstock museums and the bridges to nowhere that I'm not so thrilled about.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

2861U2 said:

Believe it or not, I don't mind paying for this war. It's the Woodstock museums and the bridges to nowhere that I'm not so thrilled about.

What:huh:

2861U2 said:
the bridges to nowhere

Yeah, to hell with the people who want frivolous crap.

Wait, who wanted that $50 million bridge? Oh yes, Ted Stevens, R-Alaska.

2861U2 said:

Believe it or not, I don't mind paying for this war.

But, I assume, you're not one of the ones who profits from it? So that just makes you a sucker, no?

I'll leave the argument about how he is/was as a President for his domestic audience, but as the public face of your country, you couldn't have done much worse really.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

Diemen said:

Wait, who wanted that $50 million bridge? Oh yes, Ted Stevens, R-Alaska.

A person's party is irrelevant to me. I don't care if it's Democrats or Republicans, pork like that is unnecessary and a huge waste of money.

2861U2 said:

And those poor kids who can't afford healthcare and food can just go get a damn job. :angry: We've got a war to pay for, dammit!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One year from today...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

:lol: You don't make tax cuts when you are deficit spending it just doesn't make sense.

Starve. The. Beast.

2861U2 said:

Hoo boy. Somebody done drunk the kool aid.

Back
Top Bottom