One Russian's View On Condoleezza - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:43 PM
One Russian's View On Condoleezza

Scary thing is, I bet there are plenty of people in the US who think that way and would say those things about her

http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/88/...ndoleezza.html

The leader of the Liberal and Democratic Party of Russia (LDPR), Vladimir Zhirinovsky, expressed his opinion on the matter in an exclusive interview with Pravda.Ru.

"Complex-prone women are especially dangerous. They are like malicious mothers-in-law, women that evoke hatred and irritation with everyone. Everybody tries to Vladimir Zhirinovskypart with such women as soon as possible. A mother-in-law is better than a single and childless political persona, though.

"This is really scary. Ms. Rice's personal complexes affect the entire field of international politics. This is an irritating factor for everyone, especially for the East and the Islamic world. When they look at her, they go mad.

"Condoleezza Rice needs a company of soldiers. She needs to be taken to barracks where she would be satisfied. On the other hand, she can hardly be satisfied because of her age. This is a complex. She needs to return to her university and teach students there. She could also deal with psychological analysis.

"The true reason of Ms. Rice's attack against Russia is very simple. Condoleezza Rice is a very cruel, offended woman who lacks men's attention. Releasing such stupid remarks gives her the feeling of being fulfilled. This is the only way for her to attract men's attention," Vladimir Zhirinovsky said. "

Old 01-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:43 PM
He is just jealous cause she is more important than him.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Maybe he wants to impress her by playing macho.. cmon, this woman is made of steel!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I like this new healthy balance of near-to-feminist contributions on FYM.

lets bash Russian machos
Old 01-12-2006, 05:40 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:43 AM
Rice comes across arrogant, she has a hectoring style that does not come across well and she is not very popular in the world.

When she came to Ireland she informed us we should thank the US government (i.e. HER) that we had the right to free speech. My considered response to that is as follows: Fuck you, Condi.

If one takes out the misogyny some of what this Russian says is not unreasonable. But yes the obvious misogynist undertones would cause many people to be understandably revolted by his comments.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

She may come across as arrogant, but so do many men and yet they don't have their sex lives, childlessness, etc questioned and they aren't insulted in such a disgusting, personal way. I don't like some things about her but her personal life and her being a woman is not relevant.

Of course that's what some men always resort to when confronted with a powerful woman or any woman who rubs them the wrong way.

I didn't have the stomach to read the whole article so I can't comment on whatever other crap he was spewing
Old 01-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:43 PM
Quote:
Israeli newspapers quoted Sharon as saying that he could not concentrate in his first meeting with then-national security advisor Condoleezza Rice because she had "very nice legs."
Old 01-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

She has good qualifications for the job to be fair in terms of linguistic skills and the like.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Well saying she has nice legs isn't all that offensive when you compare it to what that Russian guy said. A hypothetical female leader could say Bill Clinton was sexy and maybe that would be somewhat comparable to the legs comment. I doubt that Ariel Sharon ever said anything about her that is comparable to what the Russian guy said in this interview.

I just looked at it again-if those are the prevailing attitudes in Russia then thank God I don't live there.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:58 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: One Russian's View On Condoleezza

Ok let's have some fun with this.

"Complex-prone men are especially dangerous. They are like overbearing fathers-in-law, men that evoke hatred and irritation with everyone. Everybody tries to part with such men as soon as possible. A father-in-law is better than a frustrated political persona, though.

"This is really scary. Mr. Cheney's personal complexes affect the entire field of international politics. This is an irritating factor for everyone, especially for the East and the Islamic world. When they look at him, they go mad.

"Dick Cheney needs a bevy of beauties. He needs to be taken to a brothel where he would be satisfied. On the other hand, he can hardly be satisfied because of his age. This is a complex. He needs to return to his oil company and research the oil market there. He could also deal with psychological analysis.

"The true reason of Mr Cheney's attack against Iraq is very simple. Dick Cheney is a very cruel, offended man who lacks womens' attention. Releasing such stupid remarks gives him the feeling of being fulfilled. This is the only way for him to attract womens' attention," some Russian woman said. " [/B][/QUOTE]

I think my version works better.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:01 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Old 01-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Just messing around but yes I agree there are indications that Russian society has a misogynistic streak.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:43 PM
Re: Re: One Russian's View On Condoleezza

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

"Dick Cheney needs a bevy of beauties. He needs to be taken to a brothel where he would be satisfied. On the other hand, he can hardly be satisfied because of his age.
Eewww!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
A hypothetical female leader could say Bill Clinton was sexy
Whos mo sexy Condi or Clinton?

we´d need to hear white house assistants on that
Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #15
ONE