One more > for Family Values???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Sen. Larry Craig's "Lewd" Conduct In A Men's Bathroom

27 Aug 2007 05:03 pm

From RollCall.com:

CRAIG ARRESTED, PLEADS GUILTY FOLLOWING INCIDENT IN AIRPORT RESTROOM Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) was arrested in June at a Minnesota airport by a plainclothes police officer investigating lewd conduct complaints in a men's public restroom, according to an arrest report obtained by Roll Call Monday afternoon.

A spokesman for Craig described the incident as a “he said/he said misunderstanding,” and said the office would release a fuller statement later Monday afternoon.

After he was arrested, Craig, who is married, was taken to the Airport Police Operations Center to be interviewed about the lewd conduct incident, according to the police report. At one point during the interview, Craig handed the plainclothes sergeant who arrested him a business card that identified him as a U.S. Senator and said, “What do you think about that?” the report states.

Craig stated “that he has a wide stance when going to the bathroom and that his foot may have touched mine,” the report states. Craig also told the arresting officer that he reached down with his right hand to pick up a piece of paper that was on the floor.

“It should be noted that there was not a piece of paper on the bathroom floor, nor did Craig pick up a piece of paper,” the arresting officer said in the report.

Mr. Craig is up for re-election this year. Gov. Butch Otter (R) would appoint a replacement if, for some reason, Craig steps down.

So what, he tried to cop a feel on the guy peeing next to him? See, it's Republicans like this that have Tim Hardaway afraid to shower in front of his teammates. :)

deep said:

except,
he is a married straight Republican

that most likely speaks out against gays
and votes for "family values" legislation.

Damn messageboards, can't convey voice tone :( Didn't mean "so what" as in "who cares"...I should have added a 2nd comma or a question mark. As "So, what? He tried to...etc" would have made more sense.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Why not, they've done it before? What makes this wrong?

Do you work for them?

Because they didn't. Unlike probably you, I was watching Fox News when the story broke, and he was identified as a Republican, so you are wrong when you say "I'm sure Fox news will run the story but make him a Democrat."

2861U2 said:

Because they didn't. Unlike probably you, I was watching Fox News when the story broke, and he was identified as a Republican, so you are wrong when you say "I'm sure Fox news will run the story but make him a Democrat."

Do they not teach the term "tongue in cheek" in that blue state of yours?

2861U2 said:

busted:

fnc1.jpg

it's interesting ... looking at his record, it seems Craig was not a "values" Republican in the mold of, say, Santorum or Brownback; he seems like more of a Western libertarian.

but then, here's his record:

[q]Voted YES on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
Voted NO on setting aside 10% of highway funds for minorities & women. (Mar 1998)
Voted YES on ending special funding for minority & women-owned business. (Oct 1997)
Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)
Voted YES on Amendment to prohibit flag burning. (Dec 1995)
Voted YES on banning affirmative action hiring with federal funds. (Jul 1995)
Supports anti-flag desecration amendment. (Mar 2001)
Rated 25% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record.

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Larry_Craig.htm

(Dec 2002)[/q]

Drudge - loves this stuff!!

capt.e85b8ffb1b6048038705172963a566cc.craig_arrest_wx107.jpg

BROKEBACK BATHROOM: SENATOR BUSTED IN AIRPORT SEX STING...

CRAIG'S LIST: TERROR IN THE TOILETS...

His Own Private Idaho...

'I should not have pled guilty'...

it saddens me on so many levels that a genuinely groundbreaking and powerful film now becomes tabloid code for straight squeamishness and immaturity.

but, whatever.

and something else just occured to me.

no wonder this guy voted to amend the constitution to prevent gay people from creating solid relationships.

if more gays are in solid relationships, then there will be fewer of them for Sen. Craig to cruise in the bathrooms (which is *so* 1970s).

it's for the very survival of the NSA blow job for closeted married men in a semi-public area that we must prevent the gays from getting married.

Aside from the fact that I'm always glad to see another hypocrite busted, what he was actually busted for seems pretty lame to me. He didn't actually do anything but see if he could get a little action. I thought you had to at least be caught doing something instead of trying to do something. :shrug:

joyfulgirl said:
Aside from the fact that I'm always glad to see another hypocrite busted, what he was actually busted for seems pretty lame to me. He didn't actually do anything but see if he could get a little action. I thought you had to at least be caught doing something instead of trying to do something. :shrug:

they crack down on the gays a little harder. it's for the children, i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom