One more > for Family Values??? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Watching his news conference now.

"I am not gay, and I have never been gay"

but he's not gay.

that would require courage and integrity and honesty.

he's what's known as MSM.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 PM   #47
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
all this is quite odd for me, since it all seems so archaic. all very 1970s and 1980s to me. there doesn't seem to be any need for this kind of behavior, but then i'm not a deeply closted 60-something US Senator who's probably been doing this for 40 years.
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I am of a generation that knows this behavior quite well through my gay friends...Many of the older gay men where I live have been out a long time but they're still sort of damaged from the trauma of coming out, and from having most of their friends die already, and this archaic behavior is almost an addiction of some kind (even if not literally), it's what got them through the old days.
I'm somewhat in between the two of you in how I tend to react to stories like this, I guess...on the one hand I'm old enough to remember, if only from a naive child's perspective, a time when 'gay culture' was a hush-hush, underground thing associated in the public eye with risk and desperation and 'perversion'; on the other hand, I'm young enough that most gay people I've known don't at all see themselves as part of some secret fraternity, they're out and fully engaged in society, sure some are 'promiscuous' rather than relationship-oriented, but not in any qualitatively different way than the many straight people I've known who are like that. So part of me looks at someone like Larry Craig and winces and thinks, Ah geez, poor bastard, granted as a politician he screwed over other gay people who didn't go his route, but how sad that he had to come of age leading this stunted and secretive double life in order to maintain some social standing and dignity, and now he's too afraid and has too much to lose to change anything. But another part of me thinks, For God's sake, you're a father and a community leader and an elected representative of the whole country--act like it, be a man, stand up for honesty and respect in all your dealings and join hands with other gay people who are taking those risks and demanding the kind of dignified everyday life you always wanted for yourself anyway, minus all the deception and secrecy. It's not for me to decide when and where and why it might be in someone's best interests to settle for 'passing' in a given situation, but it both saddens and angers me to see someone who's apparently so warped that they actually believe themselves to be a better human being than others for having chosen to live a lie.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yolland

But another part of me thinks, For God's sake, you're a father and a community leader and an elected representative of the whole country--act like it, be a man, stand up for honesty and respect in all your dealings and join hands with other gay people who are taking those risks and demanding the kind of dignified everyday life you always wanted for yourself anyway, minus all the deception and secrecy. It's not for me to decide when and where and why it might be in someone's best interests to settle for 'passing' in a given situation, but it both saddens and angers me to see someone who's apparently so warped that they actually believe themselves to be a better human being than others for having chosen to live a lie.
Well said. I'm sure he honestly believes he's not actually gay, which is why he can't stand up and be that courageous man we'd like to see. He probably thinks he's a sinner and the devil made him do it (again and again and again...).
Old 08-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:54 PM
Quote:
"Once again, we've found people in Washington have not lived up to the level of respect and dignity that we would expect for somebody that gets elected to a position of high influence. Very disappointing," Romney told CNBC.
Quote:
Patrick Sammon, president of the Log Cabin Republicans, a gay Republican group, said by "his own admission," Craig violated the law, and voters should expect more from their representatives.

"Senator Larry Craig's ability to continue serving the people of Idaho is in serious doubt," Sammon said. "He has violated the public trust, not just with his inappropriate and illegal behavior, but in the subsequent explanation of his actions. Innocent people don't plead guilty. The time to contest these allegations would've been before his guilty plea."
And now,
He just held a news conference and denied everything.

I say he won't last.

David Vitter LA, well that's different.

Interesting these guys were all on board the Romney band wagon.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Well said. I'm sure he honestly believes he's not actually gay.
HE IS NOT GAY!!!!!!!

HE HAS A WIFE AND THREE CHILDREN.

GAY MEN DO NOT PUT THEIR SEED IN WOMEN'S VA JAY JAYS!!!

HE IS A PERVERT !!
THAT CHOOSES TO DO PERVERT THINGS.

IT IS A CHOICE HE IS MAKING!!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Senator Craig needs to go.

dbs
Old 08-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

And Vitter the whore monger????
Old 08-28-2007, 05:16 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Senator Craig needs to go.

dbs
Again, as much as I like it when hypocrites are exposed, I don't think he should lose his job over this any more than Bill Clinton should have been impeached for lying about his blow job. I think he will go, but I don't think he needs to go.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:17 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:54 PM
This whole saga is crazy.

Not just with the "i'm not gay" thing, but that a long time US Senator would mistakenly plead guilty and not understand the consequences...it's weird.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:20 PM   #55
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

oh, you wicked, wicked man.
i didn't even have nice hub caps
Old 08-28-2007, 05:22 PM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
This whole saga is crazy.

Not just with the "i'm not gay" thing, but that a long time US Senator would mistakenly plead guilty and not understand the consequences...it's weird.
Weird, but not all that surprising. The mental capacity of our current politicians certainly isn't ideal.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Again, as much as I like it when hypocrites are exposed, I don't think he should lose his job over this any more than Bill Clinton should have been impeached for lying about his blow job. I think he will go, but I don't think he needs to go.
you are right

but the senate does have

this ethics thing

"The Senate Ethics Manual provides that certain conduct may be improper even though it does not violate specific Senate rules or regulations. Such conduct has been characterized as 'improper conduct which may reflect upon the Senate,'" "This rule is intended to protect the integrity and reputation of the Senate as a whole."

and they will investigate this on that basis

my question
how is David Vittner's using illegal prostitution not as bad or worse than this?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

you are right

but the senate does have

this ethics thing
which seems to be mostly about sex and not about anything that really matters

The real "improper conduct which may reflect upon the Senate" is letting a madman lead us into a war based on lies and not holding him accountable for it.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

my question
how is David Vittner's using illegal prostitution not as bad or worse than this?
Of course it's worse.

But he was sticking his married dick in a vagina and not elsewhere so that's going to be tolerated.

Craig isn't gay. He just likes men.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:42 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:54 AM
It's Clinton's fault!!