One more > for Family Values??? - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #436
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:01 PM
Way to respond to the content.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:23 PM   #437
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
unico
unico
unico

you are no Judi Reisman.

dbs
Care to bring anything useful?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #438
Blue Crack Addict

Maybe Larry will blame Dumbledore next

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Months before his arrest at a Minnesota airport, Sen. Larry Craig was considering a lawsuit against an Idaho newspaper and hired an attorney he later retained to represent him in the sex sting case.

Craig, who pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct following his arrest in a June 11 police sting at an airport men's room, hired Washington lawyer Billy Martin and public relations executive Judy Smith in late January or early February, spokesman Dan Whiting said Wednesday.

Craig hired Martin and Smith because he was thinking of suing The Idaho Statesman newspaper for "harassment" over its investigation into Craig's sexual orientation, Whiting said.

Whiting said the pair stopped working for Craig on June 7 -- four days before Craig's arrest at a bathroom at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. Martin and Smith ended their work June 7 because the dispute with the newspaper had "certainly died down by that point," Whiting said.

Craig has said repeatedly that he did not consult a lawyer after his arrest -- a claim Whiting reaffirmed Wednesday.

"He never talked to counsel. He never talked to staff. He never talked to his wife. He didn't talk to anyone," Whiting said.

Asked if he was certain, Whiting said: "I absolutely guarantee it. I would bet my life on it."

A campaign finance report filed last week shows that Craig paid Martin's firm, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, $37,350 on July 9 for "p.r. legal fees." Smith heads her own company but frequently works with Martin on high-profile cases.

The July payment "was unrelated to the Minneapolis incident," Whiting said.

After Craig's arrest and guilty plea became public in late August, Craig said he made a mistake in pleading guilty and blamed his panic over an investigation by the Boise, Idaho, newspaper, which spent months looking into Craig's private life. The newspaper interviewed Craig and his wife in May but did not publish an article until the arrest and guilty plea surfaced in other media.

"They crossed the line between reporting and harassment and spreading rumors," Whiting said of the Statesman. "We wanted to look at that and people spreading false allegations against Sen. Craig."

Martin and Smith were hired "because of their well-known expertise in dealing with tough situations," he said.

Mi-Ai Parrish, president and publisher of The Statesman, said in an e-mail that the newspaper has been aware of Craig's beliefs regarding its coverage.

Craig's attorney "sent a letter over the summer, and we responded at the time. We have pursued this story in a professional manner. We acted appropriately and published when we felt it was appropriate to publish," Parrish said.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #439
Blue Crack Addict

I don't know if this guy's telling the truth or not. I wonder if Larry Craig knows about it.

http://wonkette.com/politics/larry-c...aig-314897.php
Old 11-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #440
Blue Crack Addict

WASHINGTON (CNN) – It has been a truly scandalous few months for the GOP — for the third time in three months a Republican lawmaker is accused of soliciting sex with another man.

This time it's Washington State Rep. Richard Curtis — whose “I’m not gay” defense sounds a lot like Florida State Rep. Bob Allen's and Idaho Senator Larry Craig's.

Curtis told the Columbian newspaper in Spokane that he did not have sex with the man.

But the Spokane police department tell CNN a different story.

They say that on October 26, Curtis, dressed in women's lingerie, is alleged to have approached a young man in the "Hollywood Erotic Boutique."

The rest of the story is contained in a graphic 50 page police document. The young man alleges Curtis offered him $1,000 for unprotected sex at a nearby hotel.

And he says, "At the conclusion of the sexual activities, Curtis fell asleep."

The police report says the man, Cody Castagna, then took Curtis’ wallet — in order to extort money from the representative — and "threatened to publicly expose Richard Curtis' gay lifestyle to his wife."

At that point, police say Curtis called on an officer to investigate, hoping the incident would go away once police nabbed a suspect for taking his wallet.

Instead the media got wind of the case and found Curtis' alleged sex partner—who went public with his attorney.

"He gave me his wallet…as collateral for what he promised me" said Castagna.

It's a particularly ugly drama unfolding around another conservative Republican lawmaker. Like Florida State Rep. Bob Allen, who has pled not guilty to a charge of soliciting gay sex in July and Sen. Larry Craig, who is trying to withdraw his guilty plea on a charge of disorderly conduct in a restroom at Minneapolis Airport.

Curtis is married with children — and votes conservatively. He has voted against a domestic partnership bill, and a bill that would have outlawed discrimination based on sexual orientation.

On Wednesday he announced he was resigning his seat and said in a statement: “Events that have recently come to light have hurt a lot of people. I sincerely apologize for any pain my actions may have caused.

“This has been damaging to my family, and I don't want to subject them to any additional pain that might result from carrying out this matter under the scrutiny that comes with holding public office.”

The Spokane County prosecutor is considering whether to bring a charge of extortion against Castagna.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #441
Blue Crack Addict

that must've been some night of unprotected sex to fill up a graphic 50-page police document!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #442
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:01 PM
*Shakes head* Is it sad that I'm barely even batting an eye anymore at this sort of news? Geez...

Angela
Old 11-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #443
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
WASHINGTON (CNN) – It has been a truly scandalous few months for the GOP —

is there more on the way??

Quote:
Larry Flynt, editor and publisher of Hustler magazine, just told FOX Business Network’s Neil Cavuto that he’s “hoping to expose a bombshell” that will stand “Washington and the country on its head.” Within the next week or two, he says his magazine will expose a sex scandal of huge proportions involving a prominent United States Senator. Flynt refused to comment on the Senator’s political affiliation, but alluded that he or she is a Republican.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #444
Blue Crack Supplier

i believe these republicans when they say they aren't gay. identifiying as gay involves at least a little bit of personal responsibility and ownership of your sexuality. i'd being implicated not just with their kind of wacky but ultimately desperate and pathetic sex lives, but with their hypocrisy.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #445
Blue Crack Addict

So if they're not gay why do they do things like this? (assuming they're not bisexual) I would imagine the reasons are complex.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
i believe these republicans when they say they aren't gay. identifiying as gay involves at least a little bit of personal responsibility and ownership of your sexuality.

righto! it's called identity forclosure.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #447
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:01 PM
Quote:
So if they're not gay why do they do things like this? (assuming they're not bisexual) I would imagine the reasons are complex.

It is a choice they make to sin.

Sin is all about us.

Decent people choose not to participate.

Temptation can be resisted.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:31 PM   #448
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:01 PM
Quote:
Their not gay, their just curious.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #449
Blue Crack Addict

not necessarily. they could be gay. however there is an inner conflict because they are oppresed by so much doctrine that tells them it is evil, so they try to suppress it in public.