One more > for Family Values??? - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #406
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
When did you actively, by the full control of your own, decide to be straight?
Bingo- is there really any other question we have to ask?

Old 10-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #407
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:02 PM
Quote:
When did you actively, by the full control of your own, decide to be straight?

My brother and I were both courted by older Gay men in our youth who encouraged us to be Gay-they lavished us with gifts, paticularily my brother.

We both made decisions not to be Gay. If we were raised differently we might of made different choices. So you can't rule out enviornment in one's sexual choices.

If you take a 6 year old boy going to a pro gay therapist because he doesn't like sports, that boy in search or quest of his idenity, might later identify himself as Gay- to please the people around him.

I think some people do make decisions to be Gay, granted some may be emotionally more predisposed to being Gay (gay guys always insist I'm gay-only gay guys and a very few women have suggested or asked but most think I'm an overly sensitive male) and I don't lose any sleep over it, however in the end , I think it is up to the indivual-this is why I think there are so many bi-sexual people.

In my observation and friendships with Bi Sexual people, I have concluded for the most part that: they have raging libios that they have refused to marshall and keep in check (free spirits-free thinkers) thereby increasing their closing ratios for conquests.

There you have my opinion kids, and this isn't senseless babble- having witnessed the Gay culture first hand and having grown up in and around the Gay and openly sexual lifestyles and culture of Southern Calif.

Got it?

thanks,

dbs

Old 10-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #408
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:02 AM
You're making progress in discussing, that's nice.

I wouldn't ever say environment can't be a factor in each and every case, simply because I don't know, and because I'm not in that black&white kind of thinking. However, this is exactly the reason why I'm opposed to any anti-gay policies or attacks or the implication that either hetero- or homosexuality is choice. I would say for some people it can be, at least to some degree, be choice, and for others not.
But I've also heard of people entering relationships, even marriages, who then discovered that their focus was always on men, and their fantasies on how to approach any other man in that way. Eventually, they split up. Same with women.

It's similar with fetishes, I would say. Some people develop fetishes and you will probably won't find any "environmental factors" determining that fetish, and in other cases you will have some incident that can be pointed out as the key moment in that person's development.

And that's probably even stronger with gays, reinforced by what I read from e.g. Irvine and melon. Or do you think they just tell you something?

So you decided to be straight, and if you had any feelings toward men you probably would blame the both guys who approached you. But that doesn't go with everyone, as you can see here in the forum, for example.

I'm really curious who here is a kid.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #409
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
You're making progress in discussing, that's nice.

I'm really curious who here is a kid.
anybody under 40 years of age

dbs
Old 10-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #410
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:02 AM
Ah, forgot, your laws are different than those from the rest.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #411
Blue Crack Addict

Interesting thread guys.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #412
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

We both made decisions not to be Gay. If we were raised differently we might of made different choices. So you can't rule out enviornment in one's sexual choices.
environment doesn't always play a factor.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #413
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

environment doesn't always play a factor.
and sometimes it does.
sometimes it even comes down to a choice.

or you can be Bi, pleasing everybody.

dbs
Old 10-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #414
Blue Crack Addict

i disagree. there are various stages in homosexual identity development. life is a long process of learning more about yourself as you go. it could take many years before an individual acknowledges who s/he is. that doesn't mean it is a choice. the same goes for ethnic/racial identity development, and all other psychosocial behaviors.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #415
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
[B]

My brother and I were both courted by older Gay men in our youth who encouraged us to be Gay-they lavished us with gifts, paticularily my brother.

i see. so you looked at these swarthy men, beautiful bodies, and thought you'd just love to have sex with them and develop relationships. you wanted to kiss them, to feel their scratchy beards up against your chin. you wanted to fall into bed with them and rest your head on his heaving, hairy chest. you wanted him to kiss you and hold you and to lube himself up and slide himself inside you and take you, over and over again, and then you'd shower and take a ride up to the vineyard where you'd spend the afternoon sampling wine, cheese and olives.

but then you decided, nah, i don't want to be gay.

OR did you look at the man and say, well, i'm not sexually attracted to men, so how could i possibly be straight?

you see diamond -- you didn't CHOOSE your non-attraction to men.

you've just totally rebutted yoruself.

which sounds kind of sexy.

[q]If you take a 6 year old boy going to a pro gay therapist because he doesn't like sports, that boy in search or quest of his idenity, might later identify himself as Gay- to please the people around him.[/q]

this would be genuinely funny, if we didn't have mountains of evidence of the gay people who've been rejected by their families or the fact that suicide is the #1 killer of gay teens.

really, being gay to please someone?

i could cry.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #416
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
i disagree. there are various stages in homosexual identity development. life is a long process of learning more about yourself as you go. it could take many years before an individual acknowledges who s/he is. that doesn't mean it is a choice. the same goes for ethnic/racial identity development, and all other psychosocial behaviors.

it's true -- i was bisexual for about 14 months back in 2002.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #417
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
this would be genuinely funny, if we didn't have mountains of evidence of the gay people who've been rejected by their families or the fact that suicide is the #1 killer of gay teens.

i could cry.
This is something I think is important to remember. Why would someone choose to be gay? If given the choice, why would someone want to subject themselves to the problems homosexuals face in today's society?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #418
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:02 PM
Exactly. My line of thinking has always been that your thoughts and feelings can't possibly be controlled-I don't believe people can really choose who they fall in love with. I honestly can't say I ever once was like, "Okay, I'm choosing to like this particular type of man with x qualities." There's just a certain type of guy I've always been attracted to. I can try to force myself to like the types of guys that millions of other girls fall over, that the general public deems to be "the hot ones", all I want, but if the feeling isn't there, it's never gonna be.

No, I believe that only your actions can be controlled. And to allow straight people to act on their love for each other while forcing gays to merely look on-I think that's just downright cruel.

Besides that, again I ask the question that begs to be asked, whether one's sexual orientation is genetic or whether it's a choice, why should it matter either way? People still shouldn't have the right to try and "change" you into what they think you should be. I thought we were done with the days where people forced you into relationships you didn't want to be in.

Angela
Old 10-20-2007, 03:49 PM   #419
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i see. so you looked at these swarthy men, beautiful bodies, and thought you'd just love to have sex with them and develop relationships. you wanted to kiss them, to feel their scratchy beards up against your chin. you wanted to fall into bed with them and rest your head on his heaving, hairy chest. you wanted him to kiss you and hold you and to lube himself up and slide himself inside you and take you, over and over again, and then you'd shower and take a ride up to the vineyard where you'd spend the afternoon sampling wine, cheese and olives.

which sounds kind of sexy.

[q]If you take a 6 year old boy going to a pro gay therapist because he doesn't like sports, that boy in search or quest of his idenity, might later identify himself as Gay- to please the people around him.[/q]

i could cry.
Well that was the first of several appoaches of gay guys solicting, advocating and encouraging me to give it a whirl.

A mulititude of tactics were tried by many different gay men in my life, from friends to bosses to older gay men.

I could have made that choice, it was a choice for me as it is to some.

I chose not to experiment with something that didn't feel right, but I was tempted at times, and coulda even did things that approached the treshold, but in the end I felt it didn't feel right for what ever reason.

dbs
Old 10-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #420
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:02 PM
Quote:
I chose not to experiment with something that didn't feel right
Interesting. So if it didn't feel right, do you really think you were choosing anything instead of just following who you naturally are?

Are you sexually attracted to men? No? Then that wasn't a choice. Sure, I guess technically it could be considered a choice that you chose to do something that didn't agree with who you are, but homosexuals are not straight people who are suddenly faced with an external choice and go against their nature.

Did you choose to find women attractive?