One more > for Family Values???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you left out the part that I was tempted to, and if I had acted on those impulses or temptations, who knows what could of happened.

My point is that it came down to choice for me as it has others.

Irvine demonstrated a process, from Straight to Bi to Gay.

Who knows I could have went down that path if I didn't say no to those suggestive impulses and solicitations from people with an agenda, that agenda would being to "convert the straight guy".

What happens later in life if Irvine reverts back to being Straight, are some going to castigate him for being a trader to his "true nature"?

dbs

diamond said:
I chose not to experiment with something that didn't feel right

Congratulations, diamond, for reinventing the wheel.

Being gay or straight, for most people, boils down to what comes natural to them--i.e., "something that feels right."

Those who can freely move between being "gay" and "straight" are, by definition, bisexual.

diamond said:
you left out the part that I was tempted to, and if I had acted on those impulses or temptations, who knows what could of happened.

What you don't understand is that if you have a genuine attraction to women--as you've stated yourself here repeatedly--that never goes away.

If you are bisexual--and, according to anthropologists and scientists like Alfred Kinsey, that is probably most of the human population to a varying degree (see the Kinsey Scale if you want to understand this further)--then so be it. Even if you have a side of you that is (mildly) attracted to men, it will not change or eliminate your existing attraction to women.

But, as Alfred Kinsey and his Kinsey Scale (I do recommend you read it) have demonstrated, sexuality may not be cut-and-dry like the dualistic categories of "heterosexual" and "homosexual," but one thing is for sure is that it is something that is not chosen. If you are truly heterosexual, you will be a lifelong heterosexual. If you are truly homosexual, you will be a lifelong homosexual. If you are truly bisexual, you will be a lifelong bisexual.

So, right there, your fears about "turning exclusively gay" or Irvine "turning exclusively straight" are downright unfounded.

diamond said:

My point is that it came down to choice for me as it has others.

Who knows I could have went down that path if I didn't say no to those suggestive impulses and solicitations from people with an agenda, that agenda would being to "convert the straight guy".

What happens later in life if Irvine reverts back to being Straight, are some going to castigate him for being a trader to his "true nature"?

dbs

If I remember correctly you've admitted to being quite the hedonist in the past. Were these mens' offers tempting because you felt attraction to them or tempting because of the sexual gratification aspect?

And Irvine never demonstrated a process from being straight to being gay. If I remember correctly, Irvine basically said that he tried to be straight but knew that he wasn't. That's a bit of a difference.

Oh no, what is next?

NEW YORK — Harry Potter fans, the rumors are true: Albus Dumbledore, master wizard and Headmaster of Hogwarts, is gay. J.K. Rowling, author of the mega-selling fantasy series that ended last summer, outed the beloved character Friday night while appearing before a full house at Carnegie Hall.

After reading briefly from the final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," she took questions from audience members.

She was asked by one young fan whether Dumbledore finds "true love."

"Dumbledore is gay," the author responded to gasps and applause.

She then explained that Dumbledore was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards. "Falling in love can blind us to an extent," Rowling said of Dumbledore's feelings, adding that Dumbledore was "horribly, terribly let down."

Dumbledore's love, she observed, was his "great tragedy."

"Oh, my god," Rowling concluded with a laugh, "the fan fiction."

Potter readers on fan sites and elsewhere on the Internet have speculated on the sexuality of Dumbledore, noting that he has no close relationship with women and a mysterious, troubled past. And explicit scenes with Dumbledore already have appeared in fan fiction.

Rowling told the audience that while working on the planned sixth Potter film, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," she spotted a reference in the script to a girl who once was of interest to Dumbledore. A note was duly passed to director David Yates, revealing the truth about her character.

Rowling, finishing a brief "Open Book Tour" of the United States, her first tour here since 2000, also said that she regarded her Potter books as a "prolonged argument for tolerance" and urged her fans to "question authority."

Not everyone likes her work, Rowling said, likely referring to Christian groups that have alleged the books promote witchcraft. Her news about Dumbledore, she said, will give them one more

diamond said:
y

dbs

and what happens when we meet, and then we start to make out, and then you start to like it?

melon said:

What you don't understand is that if you have a genuine attraction to women--as you've stated yourself here repeatedly--that never goes away.

scientists like Alfred Kinsey..

But, as Alfred Kinsey..

So, right there, your fears about "turning exclusively gay" or Irvine "turning exclusively straight" are downright unfounded.

Alfred Kinsey-wasn't there a movie about him recently that won awards?
I think Liam Neeson played the part.

About my sexual journey:

I think as a child I was always curious about girls, because they were different from me, matter of fact I got in trouble peeking on my big sister and female cousin , both about 15-I was about 6-7, while they were changing in the bathroom.

When I hit puberty I was more open to anything sexual, but wouldn't act on it, but I was curious. (Could i be "gay or Bi" according to Dr Kinsey?) Who cares. I think Kinsey was raised in a strict and religious enviornment that made him feel shame for sexual impulses when those impulses were God given, and needed to be marshalled. Because Dr Kinsey was made to feel shame he rebeled, became an avowed Atheist and Bi Sexual and was "off to the races" to explore and report on any and every sexual fetish he thought that supported his new found "freedom" and views.

When the first time I finally had the sex it was with my first love a girl across the street-it was awkward, it didn't feel right because I was taught pre marital sex was wrong.

I was also approached by Gay ppl and felt it was wrong for the aforementioned reasons.

So sex to me was really meant to be when you're to be married to someone of the opposite sex, anything else like mere pleasure isn't what sex was meant for. That's my spiritual belief system, so you can attempt to condemn me for it, but I don't think it would be productive for you to do so.

So that's all I have for you guys.

ttyl

dbs

Last edited:
diamond said:

so you can attempt to condemn me for it, but I don't think it would be productive for you to do so.

But it's ok for you to condemn people left and right?

Ok, as long as I'm clear on this.

It's ok for diamond, but not productive for the rest of us.

Everybody got that?

diamond said:

When I hit puberty I was more open to anything sexual, but wouldn't act on it, but I was curious. (Could i be "gay or Bi" according to Dr Kinsey?) Who cares?

i am so going to turn you gay when i finally meet you. :flirt:

diamond said:

Uh ... when? I could've sworn he'd said it was a realization, not some kind of change of heart.

diamond said:

um no, Irvine went through stages of identity development. we never really change who we are as a person. throughout life we grow and develop and learn more about who we are. that is something we all go through. your outlying of this is contrary to all the theories and research i've studied. i suggest you read some Cass and Gilligan. what you are trying to state as fact is based on your own belief system and has more to do with confining to specific values of an organization than it does what has actually been studied.

in a way, it irks me that you are trying to state something is true when i've actually studied this myself. and your conclusions aren't based on any studying you've done in the field.

if you want, i'd be more than happy to show you flow charts of identity development theories. :sexywink:

Last edited:
unico said:

um no, Irvine went through stages of identity development. we never really change who we are as a person. throughout life we grow and develop and learn more about who we are. that is something we all go through. your outlying of this is contrary to all the theories and research i've studied. i suggest you read some Cass and Gilligan. what you are trying to state as fact is based on your own belief system and has more to do with confining to specific values of an organization than it does what has actually been studied.

in a way, it irks me that you are trying to state something is true when i've actually studied this myself. and your conclusions aren't based on any studying you've done in the field.

if you want, i'd be more than happy to show you flow charts of identity development theories. :sexywink:

unico
unico
unico

you are no Judi Reisman.
:wink:

dbs

Maybe Larry will blame Dumbledore next :wink:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Months before his arrest at a Minnesota airport, Sen. Larry Craig was considering a lawsuit against an Idaho newspaper and hired an attorney he later retained to represent him in the sex sting case.

Craig, who pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct following his arrest in a June 11 police sting at an airport men's room, hired Washington lawyer Billy Martin and public relations executive Judy Smith in late January or early February, spokesman Dan Whiting said Wednesday.

Craig hired Martin and Smith because he was thinking of suing The Idaho Statesman newspaper for "harassment" over its investigation into Craig's sexual orientation, Whiting said.

Whiting said the pair stopped working for Craig on June 7 -- four days before Craig's arrest at a bathroom at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. Martin and Smith ended their work June 7 because the dispute with the newspaper had "certainly died down by that point," Whiting said.

Craig has said repeatedly that he did not consult a lawyer after his arrest -- a claim Whiting reaffirmed Wednesday.

"He never talked to counsel. He never talked to staff. He never talked to his wife. He didn't talk to anyone," Whiting said.

Asked if he was certain, Whiting said: "I absolutely guarantee it. I would bet my life on it."

A campaign finance report filed last week shows that Craig paid Martin's firm, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, $37,350 on July 9 for "p.r. legal fees." Smith heads her own company but frequently works with Martin on high-profile cases.

The July payment "was unrelated to the Minneapolis incident," Whiting said.

After Craig's arrest and guilty plea became public in late August, Craig said he made a mistake in pleading guilty and blamed his panic over an investigation by the Boise, Idaho, newspaper, which spent months looking into Craig's private life. The newspaper interviewed Craig and his wife in May but did not publish an article until the arrest and guilty plea surfaced in other media.

"They crossed the line between reporting and harassment and spreading rumors," Whiting said of the Statesman. "We wanted to look at that and people spreading false allegations against Sen. Craig."

Martin and Smith were hired "because of their well-known expertise in dealing with tough situations," he said.

Mi-Ai Parrish, president and publisher of The Statesman, said in an e-mail that the newspaper has been aware of Craig's beliefs regarding its coverage.

Craig's attorney "sent a letter over the summer, and we responded at the time. We have pursued this story in a professional manner. We acted appropriately and published when we felt it was appropriate to publish," Parrish said.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – It has been a truly scandalous few months for the GOP — for the third time in three months a Republican lawmaker is accused of soliciting sex with another man.

This time it's Washington State Rep. Richard Curtis — whose “I’m not gay” defense sounds a lot like Florida State Rep. Bob Allen's and Idaho Senator Larry Craig's.

Curtis told the Columbian newspaper in Spokane that he did not have sex with the man.

But the Spokane police department tell CNN a different story.

They say that on October 26, Curtis, dressed in women's lingerie, is alleged to have approached a young man in the "Hollywood Erotic Boutique."

The rest of the story is contained in a graphic 50 page police document. The young man alleges Curtis offered him $1,000 for unprotected sex at a nearby hotel.

And he says, "At the conclusion of the sexual activities, Curtis fell asleep."

The police report says the man, Cody Castagna, then took Curtis’ wallet — in order to extort money from the representative — and "threatened to publicly expose Richard Curtis' gay lifestyle to his wife."

At that point, police say Curtis called on an officer to investigate, hoping the incident would go away once police nabbed a suspect for taking his wallet.

Instead the media got wind of the case and found Curtis' alleged sex partner—who went public with his attorney.

"He gave me his wallet…as collateral for what he promised me" said Castagna.

It's a particularly ugly drama unfolding around another conservative Republican lawmaker. Like Florida State Rep. Bob Allen, who has pled not guilty to a charge of soliciting gay sex in July and Sen. Larry Craig, who is trying to withdraw his guilty plea on a charge of disorderly conduct in a restroom at Minneapolis Airport.

Curtis is married with children — and votes conservatively. He has voted against a domestic partnership bill, and a bill that would have outlawed discrimination based on sexual orientation.

On Wednesday he announced he was resigning his seat and said in a statement: “Events that have recently come to light have hurt a lot of people. I sincerely apologize for any pain my actions may have caused.

“This has been damaging to my family, and I don't want to subject them to any additional pain that might result from carrying out this matter under the scrutiny that comes with holding public office.”

The Spokane County prosecutor is considering whether to bring a charge of extortion against Castagna.

MrsSpringsteen said:
WASHINGTON (CNN) – It has been a truly scandalous few months for the GOP —

is there more on the way??

Larry Flynt, editor and publisher of Hustler magazine, just told FOX Business Network’s Neil Cavuto that he’s “hoping to expose a bombshell” that will stand “Washington and the country on its head.” Within the next week or two, he says his magazine will expose a sex scandal of huge proportions involving a prominent United States Senator. Flynt refused to comment on the Senator’s political affiliation, but alluded that he or she is a Republican.

i believe these republicans when they say they aren't gay. identifiying as gay involves at least a little bit of personal responsibility and ownership of your sexuality. i'd being implicated not just with their kind of wacky but ultimately desperate and pathetic sex lives, but with their hypocrisy.

MrsSpringsteen said:
So if they're not gay why do they do things like this? (assuming they're not bisexual) I would imagine the reasons are complex.

It is a choice they make to sin.

Sin is all about us.

Decent people choose not to participate.

Temptation can be resisted.

MrsSpringsteen said:
So if they're not gay why do they do things like this? (assuming they're not bisexual) I would imagine the reasons are complex.
Their not gay, their just curious.

Back
Top Bottom