One more > for Family Values??? - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #211
She's the One

Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Did you miss this little jewel?
"A Nasty, Bad Naughty Boy"

Like I said, the higher the horse, the longer the fall. __________________

Old 09-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #212
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Yes, yes Bill Clinton now is the Dalai Lama of Virtue and Compassion, *after*getting caught.

Re Craig's comments during the Clinton/Monica perjury scandal, at the time I thought Craig odd when he said " Bill Clinton is a very very bad and naughty boy".

I mused to myself "ok, this guy is weird" and later found out he was a "conservative" from Idaho, and I marked it mentality (in 1999) as the fellow being a bit unbalanced, and never thought of it again until now.

dbs

what law did Clinton break? perjury? only maybe ...

but he was impeached. he apologized, on television, and his wife forgave him. what more needs to happen?

i do not defend Craig's actions, either in the toilet or in the Senate. but i see no reason why his colleagues have fed him to the wolves, whereas they've stood by a frequenter of DC prostitutes and a drunk driver.

lots and lots of people have been killed or maimed by drunk drivers. no one's ever been killed by a blow job in the men's room.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #213
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i do not defend Craig's actions, either in the toilet or in the Senate. but i see no reason why his colleagues have fed him to the wolves, whereas they've stood by a frequenter of DC prostitutes and a drunk driver.
You fail to appreciate that he's usurping the law. Vitter didn't.

Clinton tried to this, was nailed, begrudgingly apologized, and for this reason with his shrew of a wife and his disrespect of the law of the land and office of the presidency, Hilary, the self serving, irrepressible termagant will never be elected.

Mark my words, hang on to this post, place this thread in your favorites, if you're honest enough in Nov of 2008 you'll dust this off, reread it and all collectively say, "By Golly Diamond was right again, drats."

dbs
Old 09-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #214
She's the One

Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
Clinton tried to this, was nailed, begrudgingly apologized, and for this reason with his shrew of a wife and his disrespect of the law of the land and office of the presidency, Hilary, the self serving, irrepressible termagant will never be elected.

Are they teaching you this in church?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #215
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Are they teaching you this in church?

My church endorses no candidate, nor do we preach politics from the pulpit, that said, do they teach this at your church:

Quote:
..smoking grass and reading kafka...
dbs
Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

I love how Christians show their love for their fellow man!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:14 AM   #217
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 10:57 AM
I love how Clinton is dragged out as the devil, yet republicans can look you in the eye and defend the horrendousness that has been the reign of terror of the Bush, and truly believe it.

It truly boggles the mind
Old 09-06-2007, 06:24 AM   #218
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Mark my words, hang on to this post, place this thread in your favorites, if you're honest enough in Nov of 2008 you'll dust this off, reread it and all collectively say, "By Golly Diamond was right again, drats."

dbs
So, in summary, you think Clinton was the devil (coincidentally, he is not from your set of beliefs), his wife is guilty by association (?), she'll never be elected, you're always right, and you don't want to address the major issue again .
Old 09-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

dbs

I will absolutely save this one and dust it off next November for you, db.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 AM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
I love how Christians show their love for their fellow man!!!
And call their fellow women shrews.

But I must ask, to start things off, Mr. President, your thoughts on the Senator Craig matter. He is going to resign. He may resign. What do you -- what are your thoughts on the whole picture?

CLINTON: Well, first of all, I think we ought to recognize that this is a very traumatic time for him and his family. And whatever happens or doesn't, most of his political career was behind him. So whatever your party, we should be hoping that he and his family can work through this in a way that leaves them as whole as possible.

I think that that is more important than the politics of this. The politics of this will have to be resolved by him and the Republicans in the Senate. All I know about this is what I read in the papers. The morning papers say that his lawyer has advised him not to resign because he thought he would lose leverage.

Now he was simply given, I think, one year of probation or something, or a fine. So I don't know if they are trying to renegotiate the plea or something. It sounded like he wasn't really seriously thinking of staying throughout his term that he was trying to follow his lawyer's advice. But it looked awkward after he had said he was going to quit.

KING: Did you get any sense of satisfaction, since he was such a critic of yours during the impeachment thing, and using terms very demeaning about you?

CLINTON: No.

KING: No?

CLINTON: No. Because when it was going on, I knew that, you know, a lot of them were outed for hypocrisy long before this. And everybody knew that -- every serious student of the Constitution knew that the whole thing was bogus and that they were just jumping on a terrible personal mistake I made.

But I -- one of the things I did to try to get though that period was to think long and hard about times in my past when I had judged people too harshly because they had a problem I didn't have.

We all find it easy to judge somebody. You can always say, well, I may not be the best person in the world, but at least I never did that, you know, or the other thing, whatever it is.

And I promised myself that I would never do that again. And I'm trying to keep that promise. And so I honestly didn't feel any great joy. I don't like to see a person suffering from a self-inflicted wound that comes the inability to resolve some conflict in his or her life.

I mean, that is something everybody has to deal with. And to see it played out in public is painful to me. I didn't enjoy it at all.

KING: And one other thing in that area. What do you make, just as a student of life, of people who rail against things they do themselves?

CLINTON: I think maybe it is a little -- I don't know, subconscious self-hatred. Maybe it is a desire to avoid being caught, maybe it is just a desire to deal with what they can perceive to be the social and political realities that they found themselves in.

He came from a very conservative culture in Idaho. I think it has the smallest number of Democrats in the state legislature in the country. I don't know. But I just know right now he and his family have got to be hurting.

And I think the rest of us should just be pulling for their personal lives, their family lives, and the politics will just play itself out.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

So, in summary, you think Clinton was the devil (coincidentally, he is not from your set of beliefs), his wife is guilty by association (?), she'll never be elected, you're always right, and you don't want to address the major issue again .
Well played Philly.

Regarding Vitter, prostitution is illegal so yes he did break the law. And why not defend the drunk driver too, since he's apparently a saint compared to Craig.

I don't really think Craig should resign, unless he wants to. No one can make him, can they? I mean, chances are his political career is history anyway, so he can't really do any more damage (to himself anyway) by serving out his term, can he? His worst crime in my book is hypocrisy, championing anti-gay legislature while cruising the john for sex...the other stuff I could care less about, that's between him & his wife.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

dbs
not bloody likely.
nobody says "golly" or "drats" anymore.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #223
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:57 PM
I think "gee whiz" is still in play though.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

And call their fellow women shrews.

Diamond's paternalistic sexism is one of those qualities he constantly displays. One can only assume he takes pride in it.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

Diamond's paternalistic sexism is one of those qualities he constantly displays. One can only assume he takes pride in it.
I know, unfortunately. I just ignore it but once in a while I make a futile attempt to point it out. Maybe it's some bizarre from of attention seeking.