One more > for Family Values??? - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2007, 08:15 AM   #196
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SeattleVertigo
The latest breaking news this evening is that Craig is reconsidering his decision to resign.

Yeah, that's a real show of strength. Was confused about whether or not to plead guilty, is confused about whether or not to resign....

This guy just loves to make himself fodder for the late night comics.

wow -- the Democrarts and the comics are going to have a brand new Alberto Gonzales to kick around for the rest of the month.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #197
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:33 AM

The first red flags were during his staged press conference with medicated wife in tow was when he stated that he had an "intention" to resign by the end of the month and that "he did nothing wrong".

This guy's a train wreck, and I'm glad that the majority of the GOP leadership is distancing themselves from him.

His legacy will be a joke and an embarrassment for future generations.

dbs

Old 09-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #198
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
This guy's a train wreck, and I'm glad that the majority of the GOP leadership is distancing themselves from him.
You'd want to distance yourself too if you were trying to ignore the fact that you helped cause it.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #199
ONE
love, blood, life

"Im not Gay"
Attached Thumbnails
homo.gif  
Old 09-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #200
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

His legacy will be a joke and an embarrassment for future generations.

i'm hopeful that something positive will come out of this.

i'm hopeful that straight men like David Vitter or drunk drivers like Kevin Brady will either be thrown under the bus by the Republicans like Craig was, or that gay sex will be treated exactly the same as straight sex by the Republicans. all three men did very bad things -- though i think we can all say that driving drunk is, by far, the most serious offense -- and all three men should suffer the same consequences. though, right now, it does look like the GOP is playing a very public game of "smear the queer."

i'm also hopeful that we'll all realize what a ridiculous waste of resources it is to send undercover officers into bathrooms to tap their toes. now, everyone's going to be double-checking just how wide their stance is, and it seems to me that this is absurd as well.

i also hope that everyone realizes how much homophobia hurts everyone. there's no question, really, that Craig is a homosexual. i don't think he's gay, because that would require some courage on his part, but it's totally fair to say that he's attracted to members of the same sex and seeks out sexual encounters with them. and it's the pathology of homophobia, the legacy of homophobia, the atmosphere of policies authored and championed by bigots like Craig and the rest of the Republican party that leads to behavior such as this. in a less homophobic world, in a world where two men can comfortably go on dates and not feel at all uncomfortable and ashamed, we'll have less of this closeted behavior to "police."
Old 09-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

and all three men should suffer the same consequences. though, right now, it does look like the GOP is playing a very public game of "smear the queer."

i'm also hopeful that we'll all realize what a ridiculous waste of resources it is to send undercover officers into bathrooms to tap their toes.
A colleague and I were just 5 minutes ago talking about both of these very things. She told me about a friend of hers (a very out gay man) who was solicited by a policeman in the mall bathroom (the very one I mentioned earlier in this thread), and was arrested. When he showed up in court, there were 4 other men there for the same reason, with the same cop. The judge threw all 4 cases out on the spot because they had all obviously been entrapped by the same cop.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #202
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i'm hopeful that something positive will come out of this.

i'm hopeful that straight men like David Vitter or drunk drivers like Kevin Brady will either be thrown under the bus by the Republicans like Craig was, or that gay sex will be treated exactly the same as straight sex by the Republicans. all three men did very bad things -- though i think we can all say that driving drunk is, by far, the most serious offense -- and all three men should suffer the same consequences. though, right now, it does look like the GOP is playing a very public game of "smear the queer."

i'm also hopeful that we'll all realize what a ridiculous waste of resources it is to send undercover officers into bathrooms to tap their toes. now, everyone's going to be double-checking just how wide their stance is, and it seems to me that this is absurd as well.

i also hope that everyone realizes how much homophobia hurts everyone. there's no question, really, that Craig is a homosexual. i don't think he's gay, because that would require some courage on his part, but it's totally fair to say that he's attracted to members of the same sex and seeks out sexual encounters with them. and it's the pathology of homophobia, the legacy of homophobia, the atmosphere of policies authored and championed by bigots like Craig and the rest of the Republican party that leads to behavior such as this. in a less homophobic world, in a world where two men can comfortably go on dates and not feel at all uncomfortable and ashamed, we'll have less of this closeted behavior to "police."
Vitter was never arrested, and before his perversions surfaced he got right w his wife and God.

Craig is a closeted Gay and also peeks in bathroom stalls and hits on men as long as he can get away with it. But alas he's been caught and now he is showing:

- a dis respect for law that he was elected to uphold
- irresponsibility in not admitting guilt
-lying to protect his name to his closet allies the same way Bill Clinton did until the semen dress turned up.

The hurried pre arrainged gulity plea of a lesser charge is the semen dress in this debacle.

The schelp now is trying to undo the mess that he created and also refuses to take responsiblity for.

I would respect the guy if he were more of a Jim Kolbe of Az, an openly Gay Republican, that served our state well but this guy is a complete weasley coward, and gives all men Gay or Straight a very bad name.

dbs
Old 09-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #203
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Craig is a closeted Gay and also peeks in bathroom stalls and hits on men as long as he can get away with it. But alas he's been caught and now he is showing:

- a dis respect for law that he was elected to uphold
- irresponsibility in not admitting guilt
-lying to protect his name to his closet allies the same way Bill Clinton did until the semen dress turned up.

The hurried pre arrainged gulity plea of a lesser charge is the semen dress in this debacle.

The schelp now is trying to undo the mess that he created and also refuses to take responsiblity for.

I would respect the guy if he were more of a Jim Kolbe of Az, an openly Gay Republican, that served our state well but this guy is a complete weasley coward, and gives all men Gay or Straight a very bad name.

dbs
But the bigger picture here is the irony. You said he is closeted "for whatever reasons," while everyone here has pointed out the exact reasons, which you have skipped over in the entire discussion, even though it's really the big picture.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Embattled Sen. Larry Craig was one of Bill Clinton's fiercest critics during the Senate’s 1999 impeachment trial, but the former president told CNN's Larry King Wednesday he takes no pleasure in the Idaho Republican's current situation and is "pulling" for Craig and his family.

"Honestly, didn't feel any great joy," Clinton said in an interview to air tonight at 9 p.m. ET. "When it was going on I knew that a lot of them were outed for hypocrisy before this."

Clinton added, "One of the things I did to get through that was to think hard about times in my past when I had judged people too harshly because they had a problem I didn't have. And I promised myself I'd never do that again, and I'm trying to keep that promise."

Craig was arrested in a restroom in June at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on suspicion of making sexual advances to an undercover police officer in the next stall. He pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in August, but denies he was engaging in lewd behavior. Clinton offered a sympathetic perspective on the situation.

"I just know right now he and his family have got to be hurting and I think the rest of us should just be pulling for their personal lives and the politics of this will play itself out," he added.

Asked what he makes of people who criticize activities they do themselves, the former president said, " I think maybe it's subconscious self hatred, I don't know, maybe it’s a desire to avoid being caught, maybe its just a desire to deal with what the perceive to be the social and political realities they find themselves in."
Old 09-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #205
ONE
love, blood, life

Yes, yes Bill Clinton now is the Dalai Lama of Virtue and Compassion, *after*getting caught.

Re Craig's comments during the Clinton/Monica perjury scandal, at the time I thought Craig odd when he said " Bill Clinton is a very very bad and naughty boy".

I mused to myself "ok, this guy is weird" and later found out he was a "conservative" from Idaho, and I marked it mentality (in 1999) as the fellow being a bit unbalanced, and never thought of it again until now.

dbs
Old 09-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #206
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Ah yes, diamond, the diviner of morality.

I'm sure that in 1999, when you had this guy all figured out, you were the beacon of morality yourself.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:50 PM   #207
She's the One

Local Time: 05:33 AM
Why is Clinton being brought up? Did I miss something? Did he deny he was heterosexual or something?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 PM   #208
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Re Craig's comments during the Clinton/Monica perjury scandal, at the time I thought Craig odd when he said " Bill Clinton is a very very bad and naughty boy".

I mused to myself "ok, this guy is weird" and later found out he was a "conservative" from Idaho, and I marked it mentality (in 1999) as the fellow being a bit unbalanced, and never thought of it again until now.

dbs
Oh diamond, of course you could tell he was weird -- he's a conservative. They're all weird.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #209
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yes, yes Bill Clinton now is the Dalai Lama of Virtue and Compassion, *after*getting caught.

dbs
Do you still not realize the big picture? The problems with homophobia that resulted in this? The reasons why he is closeted? You continue to refuse to address this point.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
Why is Clinton being brought up? Did I miss something? Did he deny he was heterosexual or something?
Did you miss this little jewel?
"A Nasty, Bad Naughty Boy"