One more > for Family Values???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

maybe if you had a measure of compassion for people who have to deal with the fallout from the hateful attitudes you express towards homosexuals..

Untrue statement.

dbs

diamond said:

Untrue statement.

dbs

You keep ignoring the real issue with this incident, and want to zero on the law breaking. That's not nearly as big as the issue of homophobia and how it changes lives, which in some senses is epitomized by this man.

diamond said:

Untrue statement.

dbs

the attitudes of LDS, combined with an assertion that gay relationships are inferior to straight ones and the posting of articles that argue that "change is possible!" combine to make you, sexysexy diamonds, someone who contributes to the type of environment that has destroyed Larry Craig's life (and millions of others) and driven him to do silly, dangerous things that he of course is responsible for, but how can you not pity such a pathetic man?

Irvine511 said:

that he of course is responsible for, but how can you not pity such a pathetic man?

I can pity him and do, and he did make silly choices and continues to do so.

And the LDS Church is not a social club, if that were true everybody would join -especially a fellow like you. :sexywink:

dbs

diamond said:

And the LDS Church is not a social club, if that were true everybody would join -especially a fellow like you. :sexywink:

the only girl i've ever had genuine "feelings" for -- way back when i was 15 -- was a lovely piano playing LDSer.

Irvine511 said:

the only girl i've ever had genuine "feelings" for -- way back when i was 15 -- was a lovely piano playing LDSer.

:hmm:

there could be *something* to that.

In our faith the cliche' that "things happen for a reason" carries a lot more validity then we often give the phrase credit for.

dbs

diamond said:

:hmm:

there could be *something* to that.

In our faith the cliche' that "things happen for a reason" carries a lot more validity then we often give the phrase credit for.

dbs

what can i say?

all the boys who turned out to be gay loved her.

Irvine511 said:

what can i say?

all the boys who turned out to be gay loved her.

Well maybe she ended up marrying a sensitive straight man, but at least he was sensitive and caring, albeit a breeder.:angry:

dbs

diamond said:

Well maybe she ended up marrying a sensitive straight man, but at least he was sensitive and caring, albeit a breeder.:angry:

dbs

i've lost touch with her, but i'm sure she did marry a sensitive -- and hip -- straight man.

she was a terrific person. pretty much all the LDSers i've ever met have been.

especially the one i got to know ... intimately. :sexywink:

martha said:

Many of your posts indicate you were absent the day those lesons were taught.

people who accquainted me in intimately in real life know that wouldn't be an accurate statement.

dbs

you know, just thinking ... how can anyone, anywhere, think that being gay is a "choice" after this whole fiasco? was Larry Craig just giving in to temptation? is any temptation really worth all of what's happened to him? what drove him to that bathroom? temptation? or a deeply rooted, deeply felt, deeply tortured and physically experience sexual need that can find it's only outlet in precisely these kinds of high risk, anonymous (and, if successful, unaccountable) situations?

who would choose this?

martha said:

Well then why are you so insensitive and strident here?

strident yes, because as a lawmaker-he clearly doesn't understand or appreciate the law, matter of fact, he's trying to do a "reverse Clinton" (looking for technicalities to escape responsibility) therefore he should resign.

"Insensitive" would be inaccurate.

I'm not convince that being Gay is completely genetic for a myraid of reasons.

I think we all have tendecies and proclivities that we need to marshall which helps us become more God like and less animalistic.

Admittedly and humbly, I will say: I for one need the *most* work in that dept-therefore I do not cast stones and people's private sexual prefrences-key word being *private* and the Senator's actions were public.

dbs

Last edited:
diamond said:
Admittedly and humbly, I will say: I for one need the *most* work in that dept-therefore I do not cast stones and people's private sexual prefrences-key word being *private* and the Senator's actions were public.

I disagree with pretty much all of your post, but this is the worst. Why? Because you do cast stones, for one. And also, that statement says that homosexuality should be hidden. Not just actions, but preferences you said. It's pure bigotry.

diamond said:
I'm not convince that being Gay is completely genetic for a myraid of reasons.

what would it take to convince you? even if it's not 100% genetic, what would it matter? it's unchangeable, and it's unchosen. isn't that what matters?

does homosexuality harm anyone? why do you see it as being more animalistic and farther from God than heteroseuxality?

I don't think martha meant just this thread when she said "here". Maybe I'm wrong.

Do straights also have to marshall those "tendencies and proclivities" in order to become less animalistic? In my observation that doesn't happen all that often. If people have to be privately gay then they have to be privately straight too.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't think martha meant just this thread when she said "here". Maybe I'm wrong.

Do straights also have to marshall those "tendencies and proclivities" in order to become less animalistic?

On your first question-she should, according to forum rules:

-Cross-posting your topic in multiple forums (threads) is not allowed.

Also with the derogatory and personal attacks on my faith by you and others, -it also breaks another forum rule:

-Anything that is defamatory towards another site, person, or organization.

Yes and straights should marshall their overt public sexual tendencies.

dbs

Back
Top Bottom